Miranda - Series Two

Comments

• kernow19kernow19 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there such a witch-hunt against poor little Stevie on this thread? I LIKE HER! I even have a sneaking liking for Heather every week. So there!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Author 007 wrote: »
    Really:D The line on the answer machine "The chemist says he's not going to report you but suggest you see a gynaecologist..." had me in hysterics!! :D

Or in the words of Les Dawson "Hysterical Rectum":D
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its def one of the few LOL shows where you actually laugh not snigger! i love it
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appalling programme. I understand that the first series was co-written with an ex-girlfriend of hers, hence it being better than the 2nd series. The ex wasn't credited. Someone involved in the production of the first series told me this.
  • MetermaidMetermaid Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Appalling programme. I understand that the first series was co-written with an ex-girlfriend of hers, hence it being better than the 2nd series. The ex wasn't credited. Someone involved in the production of the first series told me this.

Agree, have really tried with this but it must be me. I just dont get her.:(
  • GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, there's a reliable source if ever I heard one.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bullshit
  • Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I like it, very funny.

So according to this thread I must have the terry and june boxset

Cannot possibly like 'The Office' and must think that Morecombe and wise were wonderful???

None are true for me. Can't people understand comedy is SUBJECTIVE
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week we learnt that the tune to this years laugh is 'poker face' by lady gaga. Does anyone remember what the tune to Miranda's mum's laugh was last year?
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's me banged to rights by the naysayers...

I love Miranda.........and this must really get up their noses...I also like The Office, Curb, Big Bang Theory etc....But you know what is exceptionally treacherous of me? I don't see what the fuss is about Morcambe and Wise!! All i seem to see of them is silly slapstick sketches....hardly the 'cutting' edge comedy people hold it up to be. I appreciate they had their time and place in comedy history. I do feel if they were fresh out in 2010 the very same people hammering Miranda would say the same thing about them. Dull, predictable, silly...etc etc etc

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    This week we learnt that the tune to this years laugh is 'poker face' by lady gaga. Does anyone remember what the tune to Miranda's mum's laugh was last year?

Aqua - Barbie Girl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show is basically Miranda making a tit of herself constantly, but somehow it works. I love it!
  • CylinderCylinder Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who cares about weather it's 'old fashioned' or not.
    (i.e it's not another copy of Curb Your Enthusiasm or The Office.)

I find it very and entertaining and funny, and that's all that matters to me.

Some sketch shows are brilliant - and some are rubbish.
    Some post modern comedy is great - and some is boring and pretentious.
    Some stand-up comedians are hilarious - while others are unfunny and annoying.

It ain't the format that matters - it's how funny it is that matters.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's me banged to rights by the naysayers...

I love Miranda.........and this must really get up their noses...I also like The Office, Curb, Big Bang Theory etc....But you know what is exceptionally treacherous of me? I don't see what the fuss is about Morcambe and Wise!! All i seem to see of them is silly slapstick sketches....hardly the 'cutting' edge comedy people hold it up to be. I appreciate they had their time and place in comedy history. I do feel if they were fresh out in 2010 the very same people hammering Miranda would say the same thing about them. Dull, predictable, silly...etc etc etc

;)

I'll forgive you, just this once. :)
    I don't think Morcambe and Wise were ever considered "cutting edge"..I'm not even sure the term was around in their day ? They were just great family entertainment, with the emphasis on "family". I suppose they may have pioneered the idea of the big name guest coming on and doing something completely different to their normal routine. They are just remembered very fondly, I'm sure Miranda will arouse the same nostalgic memories in years to come, :D
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll forgive you, just this once. :)
    I don't think Morcambe and Wise were ever considered "cutting edge"..I'm not even sure the term was around in their day ? They were just great family entertainment, with the emphasis on "family". I suppose they may have pioneered the idea of the big name guest coming on and doing something completely different to their normal routine. They are just remembered very fondly, I'm sure Miranda will arouse the same nostalgic memories in years to come, :D

I agree with you....just old fashioned family fun. But because they were the first they're held in much higher esteem. I doubt Miranda will be widely remembered....suppose i'll just enjoy it while it's on.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where is the repeat tonight its in my tv mag scheduled for 7.30pm and now Escape to the Country is on!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it last night on Catch-Up. Loved it! I love its simplicity. I don't think it's trying to be clever or cool. It's just silly and funny, with likeable characters.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was funny, and it might even do well in America as it is, without their usual rewrite, and recast with Americans ,and ruining it.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    where is the repeat tonight its in my tv mag scheduled for 7.30pm and now Escape to the Country is on!

Apparantly the repeat turned up last night at 10pm unannounced.:confused:

And last week's repeat turned up on Wednesday at 7.30 also unannounced.

The BBC may be piloting a new idea where they don't reveal their schedule beforehand. We all have to tune in at any time for a surprise.:rolleyes:
  • LlamaKingLlamaKing Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Episode 2 and thought it was a hilarious improvement on the first episode with the funeral, care home and library scenes. Weird about the repeat not being on tonight though :/ Still, it's the funniest thing on tv at the minute by what I call a country mile.
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »

The BBC may be piloting a new idea where they don't reveal their schedule beforehand. We all have to tune in at any time for a surprise.:rolleyes:

thanks for that :)
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore Miranda.

Well written and with a fantastic cast.

Loved this week's ep with the library scene. So funny and where she punched the vicar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    The show is basically Miranda making a tit of herself constantly, but somehow it works. I love it!

This^^^^^^^ it shouldn't work but it does, i can also see how some people dont get it but for me it's one of the only programmes that really makes me LOL and i dont really know why.
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    I love this because it is not unkind, just gentle poking fun at oneself and others' foibles.

Don't get me wrong, I do like edgy comedy as well, but sometimes, it is really lovely to sit and laugh out loud at plain silliness - but plain silliness that is very well written.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »

this made me LOL