Options

Dexter Season 5 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Another good episode this week. I'm not sure that I think that Dexter and Lumen hooking up works. Seems a bit cliche to me.

The parts with Deb getting close to finding out what is really going on were interesting.

Like other posters mentioned, one possible storyline could be Robocop gets killed by Lumen and so Dexter has to take her out like he did Lia in season two. That might be interesting.
  • Options
    Nikki E.Nikki E. Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinaMyers wrote: »
    Hmmmn, maybe not quite the judicial system, but maybe Deb?
    Could she tamper with evidence clearing Lumen?

Ah yes. That would make more sense in order to fit in wth the time constraints of the programme.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I love how everyone just calls Peter Weller Robocop...."Dead or Alive your coming with me"
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    Another good episode this week. I'm not sure that I think that Dexter and Lumen hooking up works. Seems a bit cliche to me.

The parts with Deb getting close to finding out what is really going on were interesting.

Like other posters mentioned, one possible storyline could be Robocop gets killed by Lumen and so Dexter has to take her out like he did Lia in season two. That might be interesting.

I think it does work and it makes a odd sort of sense

just found a couple of links to trailers for the next two episodes - watch out spoilers

http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/sneak-peek-clips-dexter-episodes-%E2%80%98hop-a-freighter%E2%80%99-and-%E2%80%98a-blindspot%E2%80%99
  • Options
    zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I think it does work and it makes a odd sort of sense

just found a couple of links to trailers for the next two episodes - watch out spoilers

http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/sneak-peek-clips-dexter-episodes-%E2%80%98hop-a-freighter%E2%80%99-and-%E2%80%98a-blindspot%E2%80%99
    I was firmly in the 'I really hope they stay mates and don't go down that route' camp, it really could have backfired, but that's where Dexter is unique, the writing, direction and acting are so superb, it just felt right.
    There was none of that 'thrown in there for the sake of it' feeling that I was dreading at all!

I'm already feeling sad about how much I'm going to miss it, even tho' there are still a couple of this season left.
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    zounds wrote: »
    I was firmly in the 'I really hope they stay mates and don't go down that route' camp, it really could have backfired, but that's where Dexter is unique, the writing, direction and acting are so superb, it just felt right.
    There was none of that 'thrown in there for the sake of it' feeling that I was dreading at all!

I'm already feeling sad about how much I'm going to miss it, even tho' there are still a couple of this season left.

This sums up my feelings perfectly. Although I didn't actually feel that way til I thought about that scene and the events leading up to it again after the episode had finished. When it happened I was thinking 'Oh God, they've actually gone ahead and done it!! Noooo!!!', but the more I think about it, the more I like it.
  • Options
    DotNetWillDotNetWill Posts: 4,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What if Lumen takes the fall for Dexter ?. Maybe Robocop tells Quinn what he's discovered, and he and Quinn mount an investigation and get to a point where they're outside a house with Dexter and Lumen inside about to kill someone - probably Jordan Chase.

Dex and Lumen realise what's going on and she either tells him to run, or she M99's him just before Robocop and Quinn burst in.

She then confirms Deb's suspicions that she's the vigilante killing the people who attacked her, but she tells them that Dexter suspected something and tried to play along so he could stop her ?

That's my working theory but I hope it isn't. I, also, have a feeling they're going to tie up the Chase story with his death and leave it on a cliff hanger.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Lumen may "sacrifice" herself for Dexter if they get close to being found out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Season 6 semi-confirmation (it's essentially a "when" situation, not "if"):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/live-feed/dexter-stalks-sixth-season-renewal-55289

It got it's second highest ratings ever on Sunday night :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's excellent news. Part of me thinks they should make the 6th season the final one because I would rather the show go out on top than just continue on and get overly diluted and repetitive.

They've got the perfect excuse to do just that with all the talent contracts ending after 6 anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FANTASTIC episode!!!

Next weeks looks like it could be the best EVER if the trailer is anything to go by.
  • Options
    dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First things first- I laughed SO MUCH when Lumen and Dex were combing Quinn's place and she found the video of the cat which hiccups and farts! They do such a grand job on this show of taking a deadly serious moment and slipping in something hilarious, but without ruining the tension.

As with last year (it was honestly less so with Season 3 as Miguel was already taken care of), I am going to be spending the next week cacking myself in anticipation for the finale- well, even more so this time. I'm glad Liddy has been dealt with, but leaving him there like that monumentally eclipses all of Dexter's screw ups this season. He was under pressure, but he surely should have done something to at least try to preserve the scene until he was able to return. I was going to suggest that he should've just driven away in the van, but that wouldn't have worked out as it would have left a (admittedly minute) blood trail. While on the subject, I was genuinely taken by surprise when it was Dex who got it in the neck!

Chase is surely be on a suicidal path now, he must know that his number is up. He's too well known to hide and has nowhere to run. I imagine he's probably out to hurt Dexter and doesn't care much for his own fate at this point- he was clearly crazed by the time he killed Emily.

As far as next week goes:
    One of the sneak peeks show that Astor, Cody, Harrison, the nanny and the grandparents will be arriving unannounced. This is clearly going to be in the midst of Dex trying to locate Lumen as he is clearly panicked when they arrive. I presume that's not going to be of much consequence unless they give up when asked the information that Dex is busy with 'something at work'.

I don't think the promo is trying to swerve anyone. I think that Deb is going to walk in on Dex, with Chase on the kill table- just as the promo seems to indicate. My belief is that this will be followed by a scene which will end in Deb actually consenting to Dexter ending him. I reckon she'll initially understand in line with her recent comments about what the vigilantes are doing. Next year will be the year where she either a) begins aiding him in finding new targets and covering for him, while the pair of them have to keep it from Quinn or b) she'll become conflicted, leading to.... ? Thoughts? (In spoiler tags, of course!)

Oh and of course, I forgot to mention- the other big question. Will Lumen survive or will Chase kill her? I'd genuinely love to see Julia Stiles return next year as I've found her relationship with Dex fascinating. I believe that could be explored further- what would happen if her own nightmare was put to rest? Would she continue killing with Dex in the name of justice? Arghhhhhhhh can't wait!

Oh, and this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_3E4mJ1Ugs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not think it...
    might be Quinn on the kill table

or maybe even both of them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not think it...
    might be Quinn on the kill table

or maybe even both of them?
    Possible, I guess. Not a scenario I'd thought about, but I'm sticking with the theories I mentioned... I will return next week to give you Kudos if you're correct though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    Possible, I guess. Not a scenario I'd thought about, but I'm sticking with the theories I mentioned... I will return next week to give you Kudos if you're correct though :D

I will graciously accept all kudos. :D
    That said, they're really playing up how much Quinn LURRRRRRVES Debs, so he may well find out and turn a blind eye to protect the woman he loves, and protect Dexter in the process. To me, there are only 3 possible outcomes... The above, Dex chops up Quinn, or Dex gets caught and goes to jail. The third option would make the confirmed 6th series a little bit boring, so I don't think that's going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The official Season 6 pickup has been announced:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/showtime-renews-dexter-for-season-6/
  • Options
    tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    dannyb0yuk wrote: »
    The official Season 6 pickup has been announced:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/showtime-renews-dexter-for-season-6/
    Fantastic news that at least a couple of the best shows on tv (Dexter & Walking Dead) will be back next year, just hope Fringe and Chuck make it as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode and I can't wait for the next one now.
    I also think it's Deb that finds out. I think she may be ok with the vigilante killings but not the others, if she catches Dex in the act it might not mean he tells her the rest

No matter what the out come, it's going to be good
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the episode ended with him striding off I just sat there and said "NOOOOOOO!".

Can't wait for the finale ..

Ok, just watched the preview of the finale ..
    I think it's cleverly cut to make it look as if Deb is catching Dex. I think it'll actually be Chase .. but i could be wrong :)
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think
    Deb will catch Lumen in the act, who will take the blame for all the murders. But Deb being Deb, having already figured out most of what's going on, knows there is an accomplice still out there, and most likely will suspect that it's Dexter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every season starts slow yet every season becomes incredible towards the end, this season is no different, can't wait til next week. This is the best show around atm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! Cannot wait for next week. My recording cut off before next weeks trailer started, so i'm going to take that as a sign to avoid it as it might spoil it somewhat!

Also, can everybody in this thread who were being so negative about the early episodes remember how it really ramped up these past few episodes and made all the seemingly trivial things from those early episodes have meaning. I don't really want to have to explain how Dexter is all about the slow build up to a satisfying climax again in the Season 6 thread next year:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All happening!

I think Debs will draw down on Dexter from the surveillance thingie, The first victim will be blamed somehow as the vigilante, OR Debs will know it's Dex and Lumen but remember her own experiences and think it romantic so let them get away with it.

Hope Chase gets his before whatever happens happens. Not sure about Quinn, but for Deb;s sake I hope he backs her and is not going to go against Dexter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any significance to Dexter throwing that laptop in the ocean near the crime scene? Yeah the water will probably mess it up, but seemed a bit rash do it to so close to the scene! Although I guess his whole reaction there was pretty rash compared to usual Dexter!!
  • Options
    AnachronyAnachrony Posts: 2,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first victim will be blamed somehow as the vigilante

Good call, I hadn't thought of that possibility.