Amazon Customer Service.

2»

Comments

• Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Yeah, I wasn't very impressed when I watched that undercover documentary about what it was like to be a picker for Amazon.

Stressful? (I didn't see the documentary)
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Lewis are ace too. But yeah, can't fault any contact I've had with Amazon.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never had a single problem with Amazon. Excellent customer service.

For those that complain about how they apparently treat their staff/pickers etc. I have to be honest and admit that I don't really care. They don't force people to work for them, and they're providing a level of service that not many (if any, in my experience) offer. Long may it continue.
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    francie wrote: »
    Such an awkward thing to wrap I should imagine. That's the thing though how many keep the original boxes when something has been working okay for a while? I do keep some (like the large boxes my pc towers came in) but generally discard the packaging when I find the item is working ok as even flattened they can take up a lot of storage space.

Well my new mower will be here tomorrow, one day delivery, they will be picking up the broken one Monday as well. Just imagine going to Currys and getting all this service for a year old mower. I used to work in a high street shop (but not for) and the yelling of the sale of goods act by irate customers trying to get their stuff repaired or replaced, dear me. Saw the Police called a couple of times that's how bad it could get.

I do take on board everything about their tax affairs and have bought some stuff from a British Company instead of them recently - but I don't know if their tax affairs are any better. Might well be run by a foreign hedge fund for all I know.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lil_M wrote: »
    This is what I shop at Amazon. It offers fantastic service and products are often cheaper than elsewhere.

I had a really good experience this week. I ordered two shirts which were in their sale. As a Prime member I got them next day for free, delivered on time by DPD (best courier company by far). One shirt was perfect but the other was too small so I immediately printed off a returns label, dropped off the parcel at my nearest Asda (who do Collect Plus returns) and within 2 days I had the money refunded to my credit card.

Given the cost of delivery and return, Amazon probably will have lost money on that shirt and may not be able to resell it but they made me happy so I am more likely to order from them in future - and tell others how good they are too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Have to hand it to them they are ace, the lawnmower I have has just broken down days before the end of the years guarantee. Only used it a few times last summer but dragged it out of the shed for this year's tedious return of the grass only to find the blade not spinning and a burning smell that suggests if I keep trying the motor will catch fire.

CS guy got back to my email in a couple of hours and had arranged a replacement with one day shipping if I required it or a refund - even apologized for expecting me to reply to the email to let him know which I preferred.

With it being literally one day shy from the end of the year's guarantee I can only imagine the crap I would have to go through if I had bought it on the high stre

Ten years ago dealing with Amazon was a nightmare, their software was not fit for purpose and the complaints were mammoth..`Which` magazine was full of their readers complaints. But then it all turned around when they got some IT expertise to sort out the problems and have never looked back
  • Options
    smudesmude Posts: 17,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always had amazing CS from Amazon. They just replace and refund with no questions asked.
    Another firm I had great service from is Brabantia who replaced my 10 year old bin lid free of charge.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are excellent. I prefer to buy anything from them because if their service.
  • Options
    qixvixqixvix Posts: 10,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their customer service is what made me become a prime member - there is nothing else like it - buying online can be risky but they remove that risk and therefore I purchase almost everything from them

Suffering a temporary disability I cannot shop on the high street as I usually would and this turned me to online shopping, which I now do 99% of on Amazon

having repeat customers makes their profits go up and I have only had to complain to them a couple of times but the speed and efficiency is amazing

I hope people do not take the mick too much though - tbh trying to get a full refund on something overly used is cheeky - my expectations now are pretty high because of Amazon but then again my bank balance shows most of my disposable income going into their coffers ;-)