Options

Cheryl: 'Nadine's full of s*it'

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11/07/cheryl-cole-fernandez-versini-nadine-coyle-row-girls-aloud_n_6119722.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

This is not a sources said interview but a direct quote from her new interview with Attitude.

Wow...Never thought i'd see the day Girls Aloud would slag each other off in the press. They did so well for 12 years...and so it sadly starts.

This also explains why Nicola unfollowed Nadine a few weeks ago.

I guess Nadine should have expected this doing this interviews with newspapers publicly bringing out the whole thing.

But i gotta say one thing. Cheryl's answering this question very cleverly.
The facts are...

2009: Everyone wants a 'break' except Nicola.
2013: Band gets back together. Nadine now wants to stay a group. But there is no communication between Chimola and Nadine.

It's quite sad...as a big GA fan :(:( I knew they weren't getting on anymore but to publicly slate each other in the press is upsetting for their fans. This is gonna make it difficult for me to be happy for Cheryl when she gets her No.1 in a few days.

Comments

• Options
    reddressreddress Posts: 26,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadine set the ball rolling by sending that tweet. If she had wanted to keep everything between them she wouldn't have sent it. This sort of publicity is the only sort she can get now.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    What is that tweet??

This is gonna get messy haha let the claws out girls haha
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I think there all as bad as each other TBH

Nadine flopped cheryl hit bigtime

Its gary and robbie all over again lol

We will get an emotional tv reunion in a few years when they are all dying to be famous again
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nadine never really worked with the rest of the girls towards the end anyway. She recorded all her vocals for their Tangled Up album in LA for example whilst the rest recorded together.

Sarah, Nicola, Kimberley and Cheryl all still seem like a cohesive unit. Very telling....
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see that Cheryl's keeping it classy...not! *rolleyes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post. sorry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's clever how Cheryl answers a question about why they 'split' by using what happened in 2009 to make her point. Yes in 2009 Nadine wanted to make a solo record. After all she did have the voice for it. However it was a 'break' there was an agreement to come back at some stage.

I mean Cheryl can't deny that Nadine's wanting to make a solo deal worked quite well for her as well? I mean do we really believe Cheryl was just gonna sit on her popularity in 2009? She was everywhere. She used the first season of XF to promote Out of Control. The second was used to promote her as a solo artist after she realised it helped increase Girls Aloud sales for their 6th album. I don't believe for a second Cheryl wanted to continue in 2009 despite her Nadine felt. Cheryl was gonna cash in her popularity in 2009 100%. I mean in that year Cheryl was on X Factor, had released a solo duet with Will.i.am Heartbreaker and promoting herself as an individual was it completely ridiculous for Nadine to want to start work on herself too? She never did a Geri on the girls, she never left the band.

However in 2013 things were different. Nadine seemed to really enjoy the reunion and must have been humbled by her flop record and want to continue with Girls Aloud. Because there was no communication between Chimola and Nadine, its quite possible Nadine didn't know that they intended to split and that they presumed she knew.

I think Nadine just had a problem with the word 'split' and always has said as much from the start. I personally feel she just wanted to leave the door open so they could all come back to the financial gravy train whenever they wanted.

What this shows is when communication breaks down this is what happens. I can't believe they all went 6 months without having a huge meeting about what would happen afterwards. Chimola are kind of to blame in this too. They've become a gang of girls who agree everything together and Sarah and Nadine (the minority 3-2) are just left with the decisions that they make.

You know i felt really happy for Cheryl this week. Struggling at the moment..i'm a big GA fan got her album pre-ordered and excited and then she does this. Not happy:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and clever Cheryl. Promoting her solo record for Monday using Nadine. They're as bad as each other.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm more inclined to believe Cheryl considering that Nadine did all sorts of sneaky stunts in the GA days. Hiring her own manager and bringing him on tour with the girls, moving to LA and recording her parts separately. She was clearly setting herself up as a solo artist.
    I guess Cheryl saw it coming and prepared for her own solo debut.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl makes no sense here. She says Nadine wanted to take a hiatus in 2009 to make a solo album, which is why they took a break. Ok, that makes sense. But Cheryl was supposed to be explaining why they broke up for good. She still hasn't counteracted what Nadine said about not wanting the band to end. Also, I'd love to know what Cheryl and Sarah's relationship is like. Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberley were always a very tight unit. During all the back biting and sniping Sarah has never really said much. Sarah was always the loud one, the party animal, but she's had her problems. I'd love to know if Sarah and Cheryl get on...I always imagined they would clash. In fact, Sarah seems to be distant from all the girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl makes no sense here. She says Nadine wanted to take a hiatus in 2009 to make a solo album, which is why they took a break. Ok, that makes sense. But Cheryl was supposed to be explaining why they broke up for good. She still hasn't counteracted what Nadine said about not wanting the band to end. Also, I'd love to know what Cheryl and Sarah's relationship is like. Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberley were always a very tight unit. During all the back biting and sniping Sarah has never really said much. Sarah was always the loud one, the party animal, but she's had her problems. I'd love to know if Sarah and Cheryl get on...I always imagined they would clash. In fact, Sarah seems to be distant from all the girls.

Sarah has been tweeting them all recently. She's going to be on Xtra Factor at the weekend with Cheryl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Master Ozzy, of course Cheryl knows what she is doing. She's doing it on purpose.

As far as i am aware, Sarah's OK with everyone. Even Nadine. Apparently Sarah's been round to Nadine's to see baby Aaniya. None of the others quite obviously have. But she's not super close like Chimola with any of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I would say Cheryl and Sarah have a good working relationship but not much more than that. They get on, but don't see each other much away from work. I guess you could draw similarities to when Cheryl was on X Factor with Dannii Minogue.

Cheryl really does think she's still in 2009 when she was 'the nations sweetheart' and could do no wrong. That ship has long sailed and whilst she still has popularity, you can feel the tide turning quite rapidly, especially after her behaviour on this years X Factor. She's going to be in for a nasty surprise soon when she changes public opinion completely against her.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,991
    Forum Member
    It's funny how she doesn't actually respond to Nadine's claims that she had no idea about the band breaking up in 2013 but goes back to the hiatus in 2009.

Also quite funny how she says Nadine held the group to ransom but was the first person to break away from Girls Aloud, will.i.am single, X Factor, she was the first out of any of them to release anything solo. Nadine may have requested the break but Cheryl sure as hell got her album out sharpish after it,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Totally agree. Cheryl was everywhere in 2009. There's no way she was gonna use the second season of XF to promote another Girls Aloud album. There was an opportunity to launch a solo career. Will.i.am had already asked her straight after Heartbreaker that you should do some solo music and she had agreed. Maybe Nadine went about it the wrong way but Cheryl got the most out of the break from the get go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I'm more inclined to believe Cheryl considering that Nadine did all sorts of sneaky stunts in the GA days. Hiring her own manager and bringing him on tour with the girls, moving to LA and recording her parts separately. She was clearly setting herself up as a solo artist.
    I guess Cheryl saw it coming and prepared for her own solo debut.

Brian Higgins has said that the girls always recorded their vocals separately though because he preferred it that way so it wasn't that much of a jump. Moving to LA, her family live there so she can't be blamed for that. Getting a solo manager, I'm sure when Cheryl got X Factor she had her own team too. Ok they would have been the bands management themselves but she would have had people looking out for her interests just as much as Nadine did.

I don't really buy that Cheryl started setting herself up as a solo artist just because Nadine was doing so, she was two years ahead of Nadine when it came to starting to break from the girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the front page at the moment.

On one side MEL B: CHERYL ISN'T BITCHY AT ALL

On the left: CHERYL: NADINE IS FULL OF S**T

On the right: CHERYL: I HAVE AN F*** YOU ATTITUDE
    It's so contradictory its laughable

Maybe I Don't Care is aimed at Nadine alongside Ashley and a whole host of other people. Cheryl is on XF to do one thing. Promote herself. Look how she forgave Simon as she realised he could help her career. But of course Nadine can't anymore aid her career etc.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and clever Cheryl. Promoting her solo record for Monday using Nadine. They're as bad as each other.

Not quite.

Nadine can sing! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brian Higgins has said that the girls always recorded their vocals separately though because he preferred it that way so it wasn't that much of a jump. Moving to LA, her family live there so she can't be blamed for that. Getting a solo manager, I'm sure when Cheryl got X Factor she had her own team too. Ok they would have been the bands management themselves but she would have had people looking out for her interests just as much as Nadine did.

I don't really buy that Cheryl started setting herself up as a solo artist just because Nadine was doing so, she was two years ahead of Nadine when it came to starting to break from the girls.

They recorded separately but still were in the studio at the same time.

In one of the Girls Aloud documentaries they said that they would go to the different rooms of the studio and would hear different people recording different songs for the album.

There was also other instances where Nadine would not turn up to tour rehearsals or would leave things early. Again, this was documented through their documentary shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    They recorded separately but still were in the studio at the same time.

In one of the Girls Aloud documentaries they said that they would go to the different rooms of the studio and would hear different people recording different songs for the album.

There was also other instances where Nadine would not turn up to tour rehearsals or would leave things early. Again, this was documented through their documentary shows.

But what does it matter? If they never recorded a song together anyway, it didn't need to be in the same studio. She moved to where her boyfriend and family lived, any of the girls could have done the same.

I saw on their documentary series Sarah leaving a photoshoot, I'm pretty sure I saw Cheryl leaving something to go out with her mum too.

And I'm not saying Nadine is an angel, I'm sure she was just as bad as the other girls at times, but the idea that Cheryl wasn't already planning a solo career when the hiatus was announced is laughable IMO. She's just spent the six months being told by the media she was the nations sweetheart and on TV for four months in front of millions of people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what does it matter? If they never recorded a song together anyway, it didn't need to be in the same studio. She moved to where her boyfriend and family lived, any of the girls could have done the same.

I saw on their documentary series Sarah leaving a photoshoot, I'm pretty sure I saw Cheryl leaving something to go out with her mum too.

And I'm not saying Nadine is an angel, I'm sure she was just as bad as the other girls at times, but the idea that Cheryl wasn't already planning a solo career when the hiatus was announced is laughable IMO. She's just spent the six months being told by the media she was the nations sweetheart and on TV for four months in front of millions of people.

Logistically, it doesn't matter where she recorded her vocals. But, it couldn't have done much for the morale of the band and the feeling towards Nadine if four of them were together working on their new album and the other member was over 5,000 miles away.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't really news but it is unusual for Cheryl to speak so frankly about it.

Nadine clearly thought that she was above Girls Aloud and thought that she could go solo and become a huge star. When it failed disastrously she came back with her tail between her legs. Unfortunately for her, while she was making a complete fool of herself with her appalling solo stint, Cheryl's star was on the rise and it became clear who the star of Girls Aloud was.

Nadine wanted the hiatus and that was what sealed their fate. Of course Nadine will be seething - hence the tweets and her claims of what happened. Cheryl is still huge and she and the other girls seem to get on well.

Nadine comes out of the whole thing looking like a delusional, entitled, self obsessed narcissist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This isn't really news but it is unusual for Cheryl to speak so frankly about it.

Nadine clearly thought that she was above Girls Aloud and thought that she could go solo and become a huge star. When it failed disastrously she came back with her tail between her legs. Unfortunately for her, while she was making a complete fool of herself with her appalling solo stint, Cheryl's star was on the rise and it became clear who the star of Girls Aloud was.

Nadine wanted the hiatus and that was what sealed their fate. Of course Nadine will be seething - hence the tweets and her claims of what happened. Cheryl is still huge and she and the other girls seem to get on well.

Nadine comes out of the whole thing looking like a delusional, entitled, self obsessed narcissist.

And Cheryl didn't do the same thing by signing up for X Factor a year before the hiatus? Cheryl was already carving her career out yet Nadine shouldn't have done the same?

I think Cheryl, by not talking about the 2013 split but the 2009 one looks quite petty. Almost like "Well Nadine told you all she didn't want to split up so I'm going to tell you what happened in 2009". She doesn't actually address Nadine's claims about 2013, instead she goes on the offensive in an attempt to discredit Nadine.

And let's not forget Cheryl and Kim going for Nadine in their respective books. It's a very petty situation and I imagine that reunion was not as fun as made out behind the scenes.

I think Cheryl should remember who the voice of Girls Aloud was. It was embarrassing to hear the girls try and cover Nadine's at the Live Lounge before the hiatus. Without Nadine's voice and Brian's fantastic songwriting, Girls Aloud probably would have been another reality show flop.
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very cunning of Cheryl to twist it around to talking about the first break up in 2009.

Oh and as if Cheryl wasn't planning a solo career at the exact same time as Nadine? what utter BS
    johartuk wrote: »
    Nice to see that Cheryl's keeping it classy...not! *rolleyes*

True at least Nadine didn't lower herself to using words like "shit"

As I always say those who need to use those kind of words don't have the intelligence to get an argument across using proper words.
  • Options
    jude007jude007 Posts: 2,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luner13 wrote: »
    How very cunning of Cheryl to twist it around to talking about the first break up in 2009.

Oh and as if Cheryl wasn't planning a solo career at the exact same time as Nadine? what utter BS

True at least Nadine didn't lower herself to using words like "shit"

As I always say those who need to use those kind of words don't have the intelligence to get an argument across using proper words.

Exactly!! Cheryl had a good PR team who used the "poor wee me", my bad husband has left me, they even managed to turn the assault into Cheryl favour. She never really came out and said anything, just sat there and looked pretty or sad when it called for it.

Now she thinks she is something and that she has the right to say what she wants and the real Cheryl is coming out and its just shows how chavvy she actually is. All the nice clothes and being sent in the right places does not teach you class and she has none what so ever. Take away the nice clothes and the hair extensions etc she is nothing special what so ever.