sky come back offer

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I have a email address for a guy who works in the Winback dept, dropped him a quick email last month and got 50% off for 12 mths
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is 50% off is still quite a lot because they've put prices up so much.
  • DiandalScotlandDiandalScotland Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im always getting in 33% off for 5 years which is a waste of time sending out.

i watch netflix and showbox and get most from them and have youview.

id be tempted if they offered me 75% off but then they would have their claws in and its the complications of trying to cancel again at the end.
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    nobby1963 wrote: »
    Just for confirmation of scoobie's post.
    I have had 75% off for 12 months in the past year though it ended in December just gone and Sky are playing hard ball with me now and saying it is no longer an offer available to me.
    33% off for 5 years is the best they are offering me at the moment.
    Have canceled and will wait and see what happens.
    We did pay the £10 per month recording fee for the past few month since the end of the 75% and I don't think that has done us any favours as far as being made offers is concerned.
    Nobby.

So Sky went off just over a week ago.
    No phone call from Sky at all.
    I called them before it went off and they were still saying the 33% off was the best they could do.
    Logged on to Sky website this afternoon and there was a banner offering 50% off any package for 12 months.
    Did web chat and ended up with 60% off and a £100 credit on my bill ( had to be movies , sports & family pack in HD ) to get this .
    Kept transcript of call as proof just in case of problems.
    Nobby.
  • wacky joewacky joe Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had sky sports for half price since last August.
    I phoned up to cancel sports completely as football season ends soon.
    The sky advisor offered half price again but I refused, was given 31 days notice.
    Came home today letter from sky free sports for the next 3 months. :)
  • BatfinkBatfink Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Well done guys. I am Going to cancel in a few weeks as really don't need sky in the summer.

Could I just ask, if they cancel and it all goes through, and I go back on offer at some point afterwards do you get back any recordings on the boxes or do you start with a clean slate again?
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batfink wrote: »
    Well done guys. I am Going to cancel in a few weeks as really don't need sky in the summer.

Could I just ask, if they cancel and it all goes through, and I go back on offer at some point afterwards do you get back any recordings on the boxes or do you start with a clean slate again?

Recordings of subscription channels will only be viewable if you reactivate the viewing card they were recorded with and this is only an option while the card is still active on their system (roughly a year) - this rules out taking advantage of blagging/conning any new customer offers. Recordings of FTA channels are viewable with any card with an active Sky+ sub or higher.
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I have a Sky HD subscription (£33 family pack for £16.50) based on a mailshot. A discussion with a Sky rep. in a supermarket last week, produced of offer of Sky Sports for £12.50 ( down from £25, plus an extra £5 for HD which I think is a bit greedy on their part).

So the price should be £63 and I pay £34 (possibly a bit more soon as the basic is due to rise). I was assured Sky Sports is on a month by month basis, the whole package is up for renewal in October and I will haggle.

My previous Sky subscription was so long ago that they had wiped it off their systems. They could not understand how I had a working HD receiver. In fact it was bought from a British Heart Foundation shop for £25 so they couldn't sell me a new receiver. It has a hard wired internet connection and works perfectly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I'm looking to replace Sky, purely to save money, so if they offer me a cheap enough deal, I'd stay. So I called today, and they offered me about 50% off the tv part of my subscription, nothing off the HD pack, and nothing off my phone/broadband, and since my phone/broadband is £41.40, the price only drops from £112 to £81. Not great.

Do they often offer money off both the TV and BB part too, or normally just one?

Thanks
  • zubzub Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to leave $ky, not long now till I serve the notice. There are some really good VM offers for BB and phone at the moment. I am hoping to snap up 50mb fibre and phone for around £20 per month. Not really bothered about TV, will plug my Humax HDR Freesat box back in. For the past two years that I have had Sky, I can't say that I'm really going to miss any of the channels on offer.
    Forum Member
    Gave Sky notice today.

I don't know anything about good fibre and phone offers, what is there? (can't use Virgin)
  • RidcullyRidcully Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    On the come back / retain deals is the HD for movies being discounted? I got Family and movies discounted as part of a TV bundle but they said the HD bit would be full price and not discounted.

Are others getting the £5.25 discounted?
    Forum Member
    Ridcully wrote: »
    On the come back / retain deals is the HD for movies being discounted?
    It's never been offered to me, but I think some have got a reduction. I've had sky HD since it came out, before the world cup in 2006.

I can't believe that 9 years later we're still having to pay for a service that should be standard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I've got a 50% off my sub just few days ago when I called to cancel SkyMovies. They've also added half-price Multiroom offer on my account from August, couldn't add more than 2 offers on at once so the adviser put a note on my account for it to be added automatically.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just called to cancel and got 50% off the Family package plus Sky Talk line rental at £9.99 and broadband at £2.50. Boom!
    Forum Member
    Triggaaar wrote: »
    Gave Sky notice today.

I don't know anything about good fibre and phone offers, what is there? (can't use Virgin)

I'm with BT on Infinity 2 (76Mbps) and they've given me £13 off my fiber, my contract was up. Sky can't match BT Infinity 2 speeds so I took it.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a email address for a guy who works in the Winback dept, dropped him a quick email last month and got 50% off for 12 mths

Would it be possible to pm me that email address , thanks .
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AgentZ619 wrote: »
    I'm with BT on Infinity 2 (76Mbps) and they've given me £13 off my fiber, my contract was up. Sky can't match BT Infinity 2 speeds so I took it.

Sky Unlimited Fibre Pro offers speeds of up to 76Mb, so the same as BT Infinity 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    Would it be possible to pm me that email address , thanks .

Just call 03332 0221335, tell them you know they've been offering 50% offers so what's on offer for you.
    Forum Member
    Sky Unlimited Fibre Pro offers speeds of up to 76Mb, so the same as BT Infinity 2.

My bad, just saw it but the price is still too high... I'm getting it for £17pm from BT with a HomeHub 5 and also including BTSports.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My bad, just saw it but the price is still too high... I'm getting it for £17pm from BT with a HomeHub 5 and also including BTSports.

Sky is only £3 more on the unlimited fibre but you can get their line rental for £9.99 so £29.99 vs BT's £33.99... not really much in it but, as you say, you get BT Sports for that extra £4 quid.
    Forum Member
    Got a call from Sky today asking why I quit. I said it was because it was too expensive, and they asked if their team had offered to reduce the price and I said yes, so he said 'ok, thanks, bye'.

Can those who have got offer, like 50% off, please say exactly what they're getting money off - eg, 50% off tv subscription but nothing of £10 HD part, or 50% off everything, inc HD and line rental and broadband.

Thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a call from Sky today asking why I quit. I said it was because it was too expensive, and they asked if their team had offered to reduce the price and I said yes, so he said 'ok, thanks, bye'.

Can those who have got offer, like 50% off, please say exactly what they're getting money off - eg, 50% off tv subscription but nothing of £10 HD part, or 50% off everything, inc HD and line rental and broadband.

Thanks

I was told "50% off your TV package" I'm on the Family pack and asked for confirmation that it would be the same pack and was told it would be. Checking MySky after the call and that was correct.
    I don't have movies or sport and so don't need the extra HD add-on for those.
    The phone and broadband part is dealt with separately as I wasn't even in contract with the TV part, which I've already had at 50% for the past 12 months.

Since joining Sky two years ago I haven't paid 100% for anything.
  • ickabodickabod Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How ya manage this, was it threaten to leave BT & they come up with this?... After threatening to leave last year they still couldn't give me a great offer, Couldn't be bothered arguing with them & agreed a new contract at £22.85pm for Infinity 2 which is the standard retention deal
  • nobby1963nobby1963 Posts: 301
    Forum Member

Thanks

Hi,
    I'm now paying £33.45 pm for family pack,movies & sports in HD.
    I also got a £100 credit on my bill.
    This was negotiated via the Sky website after logging in to it and seeing the message come back on any package half price for 12 months.
    I think it works out at 60% off ?
    I have kept a transcript of the web chat and the £100 credit was showing on the account within a couple of hours ( 2X £50 ).
    I don't know for sure but I get the feeling that the web chat was the best way to go as when I had called Sky over the phone they didn't seem as flexible to me.
    This may have been due to my on going haggling with them as I have had 2 years at 75% off and my refusal to pay full price to the point of cancelling at the end of each contact period.
    I was not able to get any offer on multi room though for some reason so only have subscription to our main box unfortunately.
    Good Luck
    Nobby.