Options

Right back at you Natalie Cassidy

tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,849
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a285979/van-outen-hits-back-at-natalie-cassidy.html

At last Denise Van Outen has responded to Natalie Cassidy's attack on her. have been waiting for her response for a long time.

Particularly love this comment "We put our family picture out to raise money for [Great Ormond Street], she did a family shot and put the money in her pocket."

Way to go Denise.:D:D

Comments

• Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice one, Denise!:D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise has got a very good point.
    And this bit illustrates the glaring differences between them
    "We put our family picture out to raise money for Great Ormond Street, she did a family shot and put the money in her pocket."

Poor Nat and her bloke have no other way of earning money than selling their private lives, pitiful really. I knew her comment would come back to bite her on the bum.
  • Options
    cmwcmw Posts: 2,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you, Denise.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh well served, Denise! :cool:
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    well said Denise! It really cheered me up today, when I saw on her Twitter, 'she stick her trumpet where the sun don't shine'
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    With regards to Natalie's point about returning to work, isn't Denise missing the point?

Natalie is just doing a 10 minute interview. Denise will be doing 8 shows a week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Lukey37 wrote: »
    With regards to Natalie's point about returning to work, isn't Denise missing the point?

Natalie is just doing a 10 minute interview. Denise will be doing 8 shows a week.

Returning to work is returning to work though no matter what hours you do.

Natalie should have kept her gob shut - who is she to comment on how other people should live their lives?
  • Options
    bexmil89bexmil89 Posts: 4,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm definately on team denise on this! Natalie Cassidy had no right to criticize denise van outen for returning to work, it doesn't make her a worse mother!
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lukey37 wrote: »

No she's not missing the point since it is no one's business how Denise and her family deal with their childcare. Natalie Cassidy is an authority on nothing other than how to keep herself and her dull-as-ditchwater un-newsworthy life in the news. Denise on the other hand is happily getting on with her FULL life instead of minding other people's business.
  • Options
    momma11momma11 Posts: 3,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    No she's not missing the point since it is no one's business how Denise and her family deal with their childcare. Natalie Cassidy is an authority on nothing other than how to keep herself and her dull-as-ditchwater un-newsworthy life in the news. Denise on the other hand is happily getting on with her FULL life instead of minding other people's business.

totally agree Lexi, Natalie should have kept her mouth firmly shut
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    momma11 wrote: »
    totally agree Lexi, Natalie should have kept her mouth firmly shut
    Particularly as, at that point, Natalie hadn't even given birth and was in no position to pass comment anyway.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha the life of a parent is such fun!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Natalie Cassidy comes across as so self righteous that I'm delighted Denise fired one back at her - and she was dead right too. She's exploited her pregnancy from the start so who does she think she is slagging off other mothers?
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Denise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise is doing 7 shows a week but she's spending time during the day with her little girl. And anyway, it's not down to Natalie Cassidy to criticise how someone else runs their family.

Firing back probably isn't the best thing to do, but when some random celeb criticises you when they don't know all the details must hurt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Oh ladies, concentrate on what's important, your babies! Most of us have to work for a living, whether it be on TV, in a factory or an office, Nathalie should have kept her comments to herself and DvO should have risen above it. Still, it fills column inches, maybe that's the idea, how else would we know that Nathalie is staring in her own reality show?!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see that Natalie has been honest about her reality show - the money was handy and she was unlikely to get any decent work offers during her pregnancy, but she came across as being a bit of a righteous sort when she made those comments about DVO.

What was the point of saying it?? I don't think we can sit in judgement of other people's private childcare arrangements. She had yet to even give birth at the time. She could have made her point about being a stay-at-home mum without naming names, which was bound to get her into trouble.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The point everyone's missing is that although Natalie will be "working" she will be with the child.

HOWEVER

I don't think it is right for her to be broadcasting her life like that, it's not fair on her or her baby.

She should not have criticized Denise for her choices either but Denise isn't doing herself any favours blathering on.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Denise on this one.
  • Options
    thats_racistthats_racist Posts: 1,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm with Denise on this one.

I heard Lorraine mention that Natalie was on promoting her new reality show about her pregnancy and thought to myself, she's milking this for all its worth. Then I saw her being interviewed, baby on her knee....:rolleyes:

Give it a rest, love.
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I didn't realise that this was here, so I'll just repeat what I wrote in the other thread:

Oh god, this munter is really annoying. First of all, the advert for her new show. The part when she says that she doesn't want the paparazzi to follow her around any more. I'm sure you're the one that's tipping them off, honey. Secondly, the whole row with Denise Van Outen. Hypocritical AND annoying.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of either but NC should have kept her mouth shut, DvO has work NC doesn't and is exploiting her baybee for her own pocket. The only pics DvO has put out have been for charity. It's a fact of life these days that mothers sometimes have to return to work for whatever reason and it's nobody elses business.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »

Well said. Agreed!

I had gone off Natalie a while before that, but that incident made me loathe her. Who the hell does she think she is? She acts like the sun shines out of her bum.

I miss the pre-boob job Nat who actually seemed genuine. She's such a self-absored fake now. :(
  • Options
    funcifunci Posts: 782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bravo Denise!!

I was incensed when I read Natalie's quote a few months ago. At least Denise isn't pimping out her unborn child in some reality tv programme unlike rent-a-womb Cassidy.

I wish that trumpet playing has been had stopped to think of who else she insults when she blasts working mother Denise.

Get off your high horse Natalie and try and remember the days when you were normal.
  • Options
    Dino MDino M Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie Cassidy, simply another soap star that left because she thought she would get offer after offer of work, she had a couple of dodgy shows on BBC26 or whatever channel it was on and hardly anyone watched.

I think she will be another one begging to come back to Easteners in a little while, just like the rest of them that have gone off, failed and come crawling back.

I think the thing is, enise is actually quite talented and good at what she does, even if not everybody likes it, she still can sing and perform, unlike Natalie, who I always thought was crap in Eastenders, even in her big storylines.