Cowell looks gutted

EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
Forum Member
✭✭✭
1D finishing 3rd and Matt winning was a nightmare scenario for him.....he looks really depressed on the Xtra Factor.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    That was the only thing I've enjoyed seeing tonight.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is not happy, doesnt spell good news for Matt
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    He wanted Rebecca to win.

It was so obvious he was not happy with Matt. His comment to Matt for winning was a generic, stumbled few lines along the lines of "you're a nice guy, and erm erm erm you you worked your way to the final".

Simon wanted to take the winner to the USA and say "the winner of the UK X-Factor... Rebecca Ferguson". Matt will never make it in the USA. It's been done to death by US acts.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the message it sends out.
    You can't treat the audience like idiots.
    You can't manipulate them.

Expect big changes next year.
  • QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Of course he's happy! He wins whatever happens.
  • stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I think Matt was his worst senario out of the 3 winning. Why didnt he want him to win? Even when he spoke after - I felt he was forcing himself to be positive whereas last year Olly was his act but he was still really enthusiastic for Joe when he won.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Does Cowell care - he is off to the Caribbean for his Xmas break and then no doubt LA bound to sort out the US X factor.
  • Rick_JRick_J Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gutted as he and his princess cheryl came 2nd, 3rd and 4th....Dannii walked over them all :D
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very clear from his face. Either way I don't think both of them would be happy to work together, as Matt would like more hand in the music he produces.
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    He is not happy, doesnt spell good news for Matt
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no simon looked angry!

he would have loved either 1 direction, rebecca or cher winning but not matt
    he knows he will flop, thats why and credibility of the show will reduce.

that's why he's not worried, and i've learnt always trust your instict you can sort of predict how it will go and whatever you think thats how it will. in all honesty i have said for a few days i would have been happy with any of the top 6 but matt winning, he seems cocky, up himself to be frank. i dont like one direction but i rather them than him. rebecca would have been a good winner but she lacks something, cher would be a fab winner but everyone hates her! in all honesty he should not have won! :( he'll be a lot of work for syco. i do like the song though but both times he sang it live it was bad, although he was great the first four weeks and then went downhill.
    Forum Member
    MD1500 wrote: »
    I like the message it sends out.
    You can't treat the audience like idiots.
    You can't manipulate them.

Expect big changes next year.

Well, he can... he can drop Matt after his contract ends and invest in Rebecca and/or One Direction ;)

Simon is only gutted because he can't use the line "The winner of the X-Factor UK..." for Rebecca or One Direction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I don't see Matt working over here in the states to be honest. He's like a carbon copy of Kris Allen.

1D or Rebecca would've definitely been safer bets, but that's how it goes I guess.
    Forum Member
    bewbew wrote: »
    I don't see Matt working over here in the states to be honest. He's like a carbon copy of Kris Allen.

1D or Rebecca would've definitely been safer bets, but that's how it goes I guess.

I'm almost certain that it was part of Simon's plan to use the act who won in the USA and to help on the US version of the show. He wanted to say "we produce this". I think he'll be a bit embarrassed putting Matt on a show in the US.

Duffy, Adele, Winehouse etc... have had some relative success in the USA and Rebecca would have fit with that lot quite nicely. There's also Leona, of course.

I also believe the Disney Channel bunch and Justin Bieber are quite popular there so One Direction would fit in perfectly.

Would Matt even get a look in on the American market?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a shot of Cheryl's face where she looked BITTER :eek: Then she tried a fake smile to cover it up! I'm a massive Chezza fan, but I didn't like her face at that moment.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon was obviously furious when One Direction finished third. I think he knows what he will not be able to manipulate and control Matt like he could do the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Would Matt even get a look in on the American market?[/QUOTE]

No, the last two AI winners were carbon copies of Matt. They are not selling many records, either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    i did not even see him congratulate dannii but he did matt but when cheryls acts have won he is standing hugging her with big smiles on their faces
  • sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,473
    Forum Member
    It'll hardly have come as a surprise to him - he'll have been studying the voting stats carefully each week. Sure, Rebecca and One Direction were probably more marketable to him - but he won't lose sleep over it, and can hand them contracts too, should he wish.

To be honest, most of the talent this year seems pretty average to me, and I don't think Cowell has great hopes for any of them - despite all the "they all might get signed" talk.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon was obviously furious when One Direction finished third. I think he knows what he will not be able to manipulate and control Matt like he could do the others.

I don't think I've ever seen him look so gutted : don't know why he was confident as they never once went top 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's gutted because he can't say "Look! The X-factor has GROUP winners!!!! It's so very different from Idol" like he wanted to.

He's gutted because he can't say "Look! Cheryl Cole has won three years running!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    There was a shot of Cheryl's face where she looked BITTER :eek: Then she tried a fake smile to cover it up! I'm a massive Chezza fan, but I didn't like her face at that moment.

If you are a true fan do not throw her in the loin's den.

She has been a fan of Matt from the start and she didn't look bitter at all unlike Dannii who I heard in my own hears many times saying we have to stop Cheryl winning again.If Cheryl said that about Dannii she would have been called a lot of names. I think Cheryl gets hard time for everything she does and everything she says.I believe if it was Dannii who dropped Gamu in the judges houses no one would even know who Gamu is by now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was so obvious he was not happy with Matt. His comment to Matt for winning was a generic, stumbled few lines along the lines of "you're a nice guy, and erm erm erm you you worked your way to the final".

Simon wanted to take the winner to the USA and say "the winner of the UK X-Factor... Rebecca Ferguson". Matt will never make it in the USA. It's been done to death by US acts.
    I don't blame him. It would be more impressive for Simon to waddle onto USXfactor with Rebecca on his arm. Her voice would be really appreciated by the US, even will.i.am thought highly of her, it was the first time I heard him sound sincere when praising an act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    jujubee wrote: »
    He's gutted because he can't say "Look! The X-factor has GROUP winners!!!! It's so very different from Idol" like he wanted to.

He's gutted because he can't say "Look! Cheryl Cole has won three years running!"

It's sad people who were trying stop that, has crown a pub singer instead of a true talent even Dannii knew it was OTT for Matt winning.
  • derbrainderbrain Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rhyddian says Simon respects people who stand up to him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member

Are you sure ?
    He's not happy when Rebecca is in the last two :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5VIcU2slaE&t=64