Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I MISSED IT! I am so annoyed! She looked and sang amazingly tho! I didn't even notice her trending fml
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people saying she wrecked the national anthem. I have to say I think she made a mistake by going all out. It was fine up until all the ad lib parts etc! And after the big belt I think she went into the wrong key (idunno the musical term for what actually happened thats all i can think) it was a bit up and down.

Was vocally amazing though! She is untouchable, no other british female artist these days can really touch her
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    people said she wrecked it because she didn't sing it the way she sang it.. it wasn't out of key what so ever.

people aren't used to it being a big soul song, she made it different.
    she takes risks, it's a one off performance.

She shown she can sing.
    While she's in this country, she'll get hate for ANYTHING she does... doesn't matter how strong it is. You need to get that in your head. She slayed.

Have you seen the hate for Misha B atm? it's alot worse. Both of them get it.

It wasn't the wrong key at all :'s
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    A lot of people saying she wrecked the national anthem. I have to say I think she made a mistake by going all out. It was fine up until all the ad lib parts etc! And after the big belt I think she went into the wrong key (idunno the musical term for what actually happened thats all i can think) it was a bit up and down.

Was vocally amazing though! She is untouchable, no other british female artist these days can really touch her

I think she moved her mic. Because it went in and then flew back into focus (as in what the mic picked up). She's a soul singer. She's gonna sang. It is what it is. Same for Beyonce and J Hud with the Star Spangled Banner. They'll sing it in their vocal style. She did the same. It's funny, I never remember us getting singers to sing the anthem, it's often everyone in general. People will talk trash her though. I knew what to expect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Haters gonna hate. All I know is she did great and looked amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard Alex did a bit of a shaky rendition for the national anthem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Korranh wrote: »
    I heard Alex did a bit of a shaky rendition for the national anthem?
    Watch and give me an honest answer.
    Oh and don't believe everything you read.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KKSEn8F367M

It was so shaky. I mean pitch off everywhere, she can't even sing anymore.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A part of it was a bit shaky. A PART the bit after the big belt. Not all of it and like I said she was incredible. Won't continue to post if people are going to be rude about it. Cba with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A part of it was a bit shaky. A PART the bit after the big belt. Not all of it and like I said she was incredible. Won't continue to post if people are going to be rude about it. Cba with that.

I was referring to him not you man!! :eek::cry::(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    I was referring to him not you man!! :eek::cry::(

I was referring to Shoed, not you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was referring to Shoed, not you.

*awkward moment*

:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was amazing, I did go in to detail about her being untouchable.. however there was one shaky part. But not saying it wasn't incredible. We all know she can sing and she did not wreck it. Just cba with people who think they know everything about singing and who think their opinion is the right one.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of that was shaky at all. She hit every note spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's great, her voice is fantastic! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0:54 is the only part I found weird. Obviously shaky was the wrong word.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nothing wrong with that note at 0:54, it was just an ad-lib. The sound from that video will most likely not be an accurate representation seeing as though it was recorded from TV speakers by a mobile phone. She did a soul version of the song, so she couldn't just sing it straight, it needed the extras from AB and I think she did it well...

The anthem can be quiet boring when it's sung in that lame church classical style over and over again, I think it's great that Alex put her own spin on it, and it sounded great.
  • Options
    NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys!

Alex needs to and could work with producer stateside called Mike will made it! Quite big stateside. Worked on Brandys "two eleven" album. Produced kelly Rowland's new single (coming Monday) and worked on Ciara's "wake up no make up" (dropped last Sunday). If alex wants to impact urban/R&B audiences it would be great to have him on board. Seems humble and willing to work with talent!

*EDIT worked with Rihanna (pour it up) 2Chainz (various). Works on ratchet pop - R&B tracks! Must have!!! Someone DM alex
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah I know what you meant. To me it wasn't shaky or off, she should hold the mic not too far from her mouth. Cause we need to FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL that power through the TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't remember but it was 1.04-1.07 that got me. It was in the middle of the belt and it thinned slightly. I suppose she must have been sanging a lot with recording, 100% even still :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex was amazing! Her performance was real good, damn.

I'm now content with the hate she gets on Twitter after appearing on TV. They're only helping her out but spreading her name, helping her trend. Free publicity! :3
  • Options
    perobt93perobt93 Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    0:46 one of her best belts EVER!
    You can hear the audience going mad after it!
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    She looks flawless I hope she keeps that style for the new era
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even read the twitter hate anymore it's just ridiculous. Nobody I know ever mentions her. Oh well, whilst they're living in their council flats she is counting her millions and still getting #1's (hopefully lol)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if you've already seen but Alex has a fanmail email address in her twitter bio! Fanmail@alexandraburkeofficial.com

EDIT: Also I would love a Katy Perry- Wide Awake type song for Alex about her struggle with the UK etc and her hate! I am really excited about the US!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gonna give a nice long ass mail for her on saturday! :D
This discussion has been closed.