Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigragirl wrote: »
    He didn't find it creepy at all either, he is 21 and thought she was really nice.
    I couldn't agree with you more, he could and would have said no if he was uncomfortable with it.
    She was open with him about taking a picture, he was happy enough to give her his details. He is old and savvy enough to make that decision
    It's a shame that people automatically suspect the worse and look at the negatives
    Hey ho, each to their own

Well said! He's an adult. She's an adult. I'd have been flattered and would've enjoyed it. There are too many miserable do-gooders in this country nowadays. Good on him!
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Just went to a comedy night tonight featuring Bernard Wrigley (Phoenix Nights, Brassed Off, Coronation Street, Dinnerladies, Emmerdale, Victoria Wood - All The Trimmings) spoke to him afterwards - an absolute gentleman! And a bloody first-class comedian (and musician).
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I got to speak to a load of the CBB housemates in the last few weeks and was at the final tonight, still have 4 to speak to in the morning.

Patsy Kensit - So lovely and charming, spoke to her again tonight, so lovely
    Alexander O'Neal - Genuine enough guy, was flattered to have fans there cheering for him
    Nadia Sawalha - A genuinely funny woman, one of the funniest celebs I've ever spoke to.
    Perez Hilton - Has a lot of time for the people who supported him in CBB
    Kavana - Felt like a chat down the pub rather than a conference call.
    Katie Hopkins - doesn't take compliments well but still said thanks to the people cheering her.
    Cami Li - A bit big headed
    Katie Price - REALLY surprised me, I couldn't stand her before the series but she came off great, when she came out tonight whilst the press were trying to take photos and the ex housemates were trying to speak to her she made sure she came over and spoke to everyone in the audiences front row and shook their hand, I got to have a brief word with her and she was lovely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Well if an old bloke had approached a young lady and asked for their photo I'm sure she would be looking for one of London's finest PDQ
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if an old bloke had approached a young lady and asked for their photo I'm sure she would be looking for one of London's finest PDQ

I am not sure if RealWales is an older gentleman - suspect he might be. I think he should do a Joanna and ask somebody (man or woman - whoever he thinks is attractive) if he can take their photo. Be really interesting what response he gets. The narcissistic might like it but I suspect that the majority might thing it was creepy and odd - nothing to do with being miserable and PC, just a reaction to an eccentric act. The young 21 year old guy was flattered because it was the famous Joanna Lumley - might have had a different reaction if some random elderly lady or gentleman had done the same. He was also flattered because he is trying to break into the same industry as her, so would have been foolish to turn the request down, an opportunity to network etc. I look forward to hearing how RealWales got on with his happy, unpolitically random requests.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    Ugh what is she got to be smug about? Ha.

Myleene Klass does come across as smug I have to say.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Son was approached by Jonna Lumley when he was walking through London this week. She was on her mobile phone. she stopped him , told him "he was the most stunningly handsome young chappy she had seen in a long time, what is your full name, I simply must take a photo with you" she then took a picture of them together and asked him for one of him on his own. He said she was really nice , he said it was very funny but rather bizarre, he did add that he was star struck. I think it's made his week!

Are you sure it was Joanna Lumley? Did he get a photo with her in return?
  • RrosesRroses Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But it wasn't an old bloke and a young lady, as said, there is a considerable difference between a random male stranger approaching a young woman and an older well known and recognisable female "celebrity" doing the same to a male. We are naturally more wary of the former (sadly due to modern times) but should the female celeb turn out to be a pervert or behave bizarrely or illegally, they are hardly going to be hard to find or not end up reported and named in the tabloids. I suspect Joanna having to run the gauntlet of being recognised for years, might be a way of taking control of a situation and partly "turning the tables" for mischievous fun. Some actors/artists are "luvvies" or unashamed sensualists, they are not afraid of expressing when they find something (or someone) aesthetically beautiful, even in a slightly over the top way.
  • UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazmartins wrote: »
    Maybe she was looking for someone for Ab Fab/ some other show - you never know he might get a call lol

This was my thought as well. You never know.

I don't understand the comments about it being creepy and oh, if the sexes were reversed the younger woman would be calling the police or horrified or whatever. It's still an adult approaching another adult politely and asking for photo / details where other adult can say yes or no. No crime involved and not creepy in this context - lot of this depends on who is asking and how they ask, many people would be delighted to be approached nicely by Joanna Lumley, not so much, aggressively, say, by anyone investigated by Operation Yewtree.
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    Are you sure it was Joanna Lumley? Did he get a photo with her in return?

Yes, he was certain it was her, no, he didn't ask for a photo with her. It's not something he would ever do.

He has just been working in panto with Crissy Rock, Gary Damer and Ted Robbins, all very nice people. I asked him if he would get a programme signed by them and he said no, it wasn't the thing to do. Likewise, asking for photographs with them.

He said Ted was usually off script and a funny guy, real nice. My son was upset when he heard about his collapse.

Gary was a nice guy too but he loved Crissy and said she was really down to Earth, no airs or graces, with a great sense of humour.
    She had him in fits of laughter, nearly lost her false teeth one night and everyone of stage nearly wet themselves laughing she shouted out in her strong accent" you've knocked my bloody sealabond" and had to sort her teeth out. He also said she went on stage with her dressed tucked in her knickers without knowing.
    She worked for a charity on Christmas and New Year's Day, I think he said feeding homeless people.
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was fortunate enough to meet Sophie Ward, Lysette Anthony and Liza Goddard after a play they were touring in. All 3 were so nice, even standing in the freezing cold, and given I've been a fan of all 3 for a long time, it was a lovely experience to meet them and find them so.

Sophie especially is utterly genuine and warm, and incredibly beautiful.
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Myleene Klass does come across as smug I have to say.

I know but why? She's a nobody
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    m-river wrote: »
    I know but why? She's a nobody

She thinks she is somebody.
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martine McCutcheon will be lucky to get stage work again after her behaviour when she was in My Fair Lady. No wonder Jonathan Pryce was exasperated by her She missed so many shows her understudy acted more than her. Then her understudy took ill. She actually left the cast five months early. I can't believe she won the Olivier Award, having played fewer performances than her understudy.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Myleene Klass when I was lining up to see recording of Last Choir standing ,was in concourse of BBC centre and she had her hair in curlers,she was with Russell Watson and I run up to them with few others and Russell and Myleene were lovely
  • realwalesrealwales Posts: 3,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if RealWales is an older gentleman - suspect he might be. I think he should do a Joanna and ask somebody (man or woman - whoever he thinks is attractive) if he can take their photo. Be really interesting what response he gets. The narcissistic might like it but I suspect that the majority might thing it was creepy and odd - nothing to do with being miserable and PC, just a reaction to an eccentric act. The young 21 year old guy was flattered because it was the famous Joanna Lumley - might have had a different reaction if some random elderly lady or gentleman had done the same. He was also flattered because he is trying to break into the same industry as her, so would have been foolish to turn the request down, an opportunity to network etc. I look forward to hearing how RealWales got on with his happy, unpolitically random requests.

Erm, I'm 31 since you ask. The rest of your post is so boring and po-faced I can't be bothered to get into it. The young lad in question clearly enjoyed it, and besides, he'll have to get used to requests for photos if he makes it in the industry.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    My mum and her friend met Robbie Williams in 2011 at Hampden Park and said he was such a nice bloke.

She was also lucky enough to meet Kimberley Walsh at a charity event last month and she said she was super nice. Apparently her PA (or whoever was with her) was saying to people not to come near her as she was pregnant but apparently Kimberley was walking right up to people not even giving a shit lol! PA is way too dramatic and clearly Kim knew that haha!
    My friend happened to meet Kimberley years ago and paid similar compliments. In fact she didn't have any bad words to say about the other members of Girls Aloud.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    She thinks she is somebody.

She's wrong
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am one of the people that think it is an odd thing to do - I don't think that is suspecting the worse. I don't think she wanted to pull him if that is what you mean. Just weird. I am sure your son was flattered - would he have been if the woman doing the asking wasn't famous and not as well preserved.

Can't really see Joanna doing this tbh. Story does not ring true.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    Can't really see Joanna doing this tbh. Story does not ring true.

Patsy Stone always goes for younger men lol :D
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's wrong

Yep, its embarrassing. The whole hearsay lot have nothing to be smug about
  • fynefunfynefun Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    He didn't find it creepy at all either, he is 21 and thought she was really nice.
    I couldn't agree with you more, he could and would have said no if he was uncomfortable with it.
    She was open with him about taking a picture, he was happy enough to give her his details. He is old and savvy enough to make that decision
    It's a shame that people automatically suspect the worse and look at the negatives
    Hey ho, each to their own

well good luck to him, there is a rumour of an ab fab film being made so you never know... some of the greatest movie stars in the past were discovered in bars/restaurants and it still goes on a bit today, my sisters friends is a casting agent and there are at least three household names he actually stopped in the street and recommended them for an audition, think Naomi Campbell was found this way too...but yes I also see how it could be abused rather unscrupulously
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, a famous woman making a bit of a fuss of a young adult male, whatever next!Men whistling at girls in the high street...! :o

It's hardly Fifty Shades of Shit, is it? I think she was just being playful and attacking the moment. He survived, didn't he? :)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Damn, a famous woman making a bit of a fuss of a young adult male, whatever next!Men whistling at girls in the high street...! :o

It's hardly Fifty Shades of Shit, is it? I think she was just being playful and attacking the moment. He survived, didn't he? :)

Maybe Joanna reads DS forums - this one in particular - and decided to reverse roles / turn the tables - and ask for her picture to be taken with an absolute stranger! She does seem a fun sort of person!
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been enjoying Hi de Hi re runs on BBC Two this week and wondered what the cast was like in real life. There's a recent video on You Tube where Ruth Madoc is approached by a Royal Marine in Liverpool who is a fan and she seemed really keen to chat with him, a complete stranger. Apparently she is really down to earth and keen to speak to fans. I know many of the cast are dead now, but has anyone met a star from this old sitcom?