humax and weak signal

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
Forum Member
i bought a strongs receiver yesterday and took it back to my flat and it worked fine with an indoor aerial.so i thought i'd take plunge and swap it for a humax 9200.unfortunately i cant get a signal on humax 9200 ..any theories why this may be so..signal was saying 87% but quality was showing 0% ..tried same tele same aerial position but to no avail ..help please ..thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is nothing wrong with the unit it could be that the hummy is picking up the wrong transmitter. There is an FAQ on manually selecting the transmitter your aerial is pointed to and setting up your hummy to use it only, on hummy.org.uk. If you dont know which it is pointing to there is a checker using your post code on the same FAQ section. If there is more than one transmitter that comes up in the results try the manual process of setting up the channels with the first transmitter channel numbers (multiplexs) and if that is has the same effect it as you are seeing now, it could be the details for the other transmitter you need. Shout if you need any help with going through this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I recently moved house from oxford to edinburgh and tried to tune in the channels by doing a manual scan. It didnt work, and only the channels that had been updated/moved were scanned in (e.g. film4). The tuner strength showed 80%, but the quality was 0 just like you said on say BBC1...

I had to delete all the channels stored first b4 scanning again to get all the new channels! So if you have a box that was previously tuned this might be the problem.