Automatic update at 4.00am - PVR 9200T

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
Hi,

My apologies if this question's been asked before. I did try searching but didn't get any hits.

I have a Humax PVR 9200T which is in my bedroom. A couple times over the last 2 weeks I've been woken up around 4.00am by the Humax switching on and then performing some update and then switching off after a couple minutes.

Unfortunatley not being too awake at 4.00am I can't remember what the unit displayed on the screen but it it was 2 words and I'm pretty sure the last word was Update.

I thought it might be an OAT update but the s/w version hasn't changed and as I mentioned it's happened twice in couple weeks.

Does anyone know what the unit is actually doing at this time and can I get it to do it at a different time so it doesn't wake me up :-(

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Gareth

Comments

• jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    By default, the unit does an automatic update check at 4 am. This can be disabled through the Software Update menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jw75 wrote:
    By default, the unit does an automatic update check at 4 am. This can be disabled through the Software Update menu.

or the time can be adjusted to any time yuo want. The machine has to be in standby so if If you leave the machine in standby during the day it can be done while you are out at work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Just as a reminder, there is an OTA going out this week, running from 10am this morning until 9am Friday. If you have software version 1.00.04 or less its worth allowing your Hummy to upgrade itself before disabling auto updates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this info. I'll see if I can move the time cos I definately don't want to miss out on the OAT updates. I'll have a look tonight and give you guys a shout if I can't sort this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as a reminder, there is an OTA going out this week, running from 10am this morning until 9am Friday. If you have software version 1.00.04 or less its worth allowing your Hummy to upgrade itself before disabling auto updates.

what version is it upgrading to? ie is this a repeat OTA upgrade? Does it upgrade if machine is on rather than in standby?
  • BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Repeat

Has to be in standby, for automatic update process.