Options

Software Update

betsvigi9betsvigi9 Posts: 397
Forum Member
I notice that Humax are broadcasting v1.00.06 all this week.

I am still on v1.00.04 at the moment. Is there anything that I should do before accepting the upgrade? I notice that people have posted about there being a bug in v 04 and that I might lose my library.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    After the update i think it is wise to turn the box off at the wall for a min and then back on again.

There is a well documented TIR (thinks its recording) bug that can rear its ugly head, and might mean missing recordings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, I notice the forum clock has not changed from BST...

The possibility of losing all your library exists in 1.004. There is a bug in the way it writes things to cache memory, if I remember correctly.

In 1.006, the bug has been fixed. However, if you have recordings on your disk made under the 1.004 software, you could have damage already caused by the bug, and unfortunately, the total loss can still occur after the upgrade to 1.006. The only way to avoid this is to reformat the disk, which will lose all of your library.

I have a thread asking if the bug damage is confined to the recordings made under 1.004, so that once recordings made before the date you upgraded to 1.006 are deleted, you are guaranteed not to lose recordings - I'm waiting to hear the answer from Humax.
  • Options
    PadrePadre Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I notice the forum clock has not changed from BST...

Forum clock working fine here. Check your settings in User CP :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Padre wrote:
    Forum clock working fine here. Check your settings in User CP :)

My CP setting says GMT and the DS time stamp is still an hour ahead!

EDIT: It just corrected itself!!! Maybe it is the case that you need to go into the CP and click save and see what happens...

EDIT2: See my post #25 in this thread! http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=479250
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Not too worried, but my settings are, GMT, automatically sense DST settings, so it ought to change on its own. :)

EDIT: And now it has... :confused: