Clarkson being offensive again - gets in real trouble this time !!!

1192021222325»

Comments

• Fists of FedorFists of Fedor Posts: 786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    No I'm not going that far - it's a default victory for you, as I've simply run out of time. Got to fit in some work for tomorrow before I go to bed.

Have a good night.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    so I'll gracefully concede defeat on this occasion.

Me too. And just for the record, a fair few posts have been pruned from this laborious debate, in case anybody hadn't noticed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Me too. And just for the record, a fair few posts have been pruned from this laborious debate, in case anybody hadn't noticed.

Yes. I'd say a few posts would have been outside the community guidlines. By the way - in order to do something gracefully - it helps not to leave what some might perceive as parting shots. Just FYI.

Good night.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Yes. I'd say a few posts would have been outside the community guidlines. By the way - in order to do something gracefully - it helps not to leave what some might perceive as parting shots. Just FYI.

Good night.

Yeah. Thanks for the advice. : rolleyes :
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    Yeah. Thanks for the advice. : rolleyes :

You're very welcome.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Landis wrote: »
    Unbelievable.
    You may have noticed that there are very large numbers of cars for sale online which include a clear image of the number plate. Ebay perhaps??

The BBC don't have access to OCR software capable of recognising text in an image - software which has been commonplace for years.
    The BBC don't have the knowhow to search the extracted text for interesting words or numbers.
    That is what you are saying.

Are you sticking with your scenario of Top Gear underlings peering at individual pictures.....one by one..........for 30 weeks. :D

Do you really expect this thread to take you seriously after this?

The Mirror found the online ad that this car was bought from, and the plate is not visible in any of the photos. In one you can just about make out the H.

So they could not have found this car with the method you suggest.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even If the BBC has access to OCR software, it would still need to build an automated system to scan every image and know where said image were - as well as a system to flag anything of interest.

And you would need to choose what to flag, so already have an idea of every letter combination or numbering.

To cut a long story short, no they'd didn't do that.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 weeks later, im still waiting to see what "Trouble" JC is in.!!
  • Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    3 weeks later, im still waiting to see what "Trouble" JC is in.!!

It's ironic that this was the most recent post in this thread.

12 months on, it looks like Top Gear might be in trouble after all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34675073

It seems the Argentine courts have decided that they DID commit a crime by changing the number plate of the car in question.

If I recall correctly, they DID change the number plate - AFTER they became aware that there was a baying mob intent on violence headed their way.
    When that happened they decided it might be prudent to stick a spare number plate from one of the production vehicles (which routinely carry spare number plates in case camera equipment obscures the vehicle's own plates) to the Porsche in the hope it might not be noticed.

So, basically, the Argentine courts are prosecuting TG for taking steps to try and avoid a violent confrontation.

They really ARE desperate to find them guilty of something or other, aren't they?
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    What...wait....are you seriuosly trying to say that the Argentine authorities aren't playing with a straight bat?:o
  • WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every confidence that the Argentinian legal system will result in a fair and even-handed outcome that is based entirely on an objective review of the facts.
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps we should open a case against the Argentine Army for not having Tax, Insurance and MOT on their vehicles when they visited the Falklands.

Also driving on the wrong side of the road is a War Crime
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, proof if proof were needed that this programme is well and truly past its sell by date. Clarkson's oafish behaviour and complete lack of empathy with anyone on the planet has ruined this show.

The direction it has taken in recent series reminds me of little boys seeing who can pee the highest up a wall.

........and yes, at the risk of incurring the wrath of the supporters of this neanderthal feast, it's a waste of my licence fee. :D

We(No Pun Intended), used to see who could Pee over the Wall into Girls Toilets, Not how far up the wall:) Only those not circumcised could achieve this amazing height.
  • R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have every confidence that the Argentinian legal system will result in a fair and even-handed outcome that is based entirely on an objective review of the facts.

I wouldn't trust the Argentinian authorities as far as I could throw them.
    (Which is a lot less than 200 nautical miles!)