Options

What is the fascination with Ariana Grande?

storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She looks about 12 personally to me anyways and her voice like Jessie J's is just a loud screaming voice. She is allegedly a cheat and seems so irritating. Having starred in a few kids shows, her fans have obviously stuck with her but anyone here like her? I feel like she's also very shoved into the limelight and needs the attention to gain a few sales. Seems fake to me.

Comments

• Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assumed it was a Vegas hotel or summat :blush:
  • Options
    storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    I assumed it was a Vegas hotel or summat :blush:

I can see your point, with the amount of relationships she has had this past year, she could be one haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her brother is irritating too. He's on BB USA and he gets on my wick, and he acts like a girl.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never really did the whole Disney/Nick kid phase in music - her first releases were "grown up" and she's consistently releasing great pop songs at the moment, a bit like Katy Perry a few years back. She has had a few awards show performances in the US which she really nailed as well and she does have a great voice.

I don't care if she allegedly cheats... it's the first I've heard of it, she's 21, not married with kids (and even then I'd struggle to care). The songs are good. She's very polished at the moment, not squeaky clean but definitely very poised. It could become an issue if people start to feel she's not interesting enough. That Break Free video, while fun, felt a bit forced. For now, she has the hype behind her voice and her songs.

The show may have helped a bit but then again, the star of her show was Victoria Justice who couldn't even make the top 100 with her debut so it's not everything.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Only heard her on the radio once or twice but I'm so sick of seeing that one stupid face she has in every single picture popping up everywhere.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Can't say I have ever heard of her or recognise her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen an ad for her CD - she looks like a slutty 12 year old.

Horrid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's young, ethnic, can sing, dance, act and has the backing of major studios. She's like Selena Gomez mk 2.0.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would :D
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    She has a great voice and she does make really catchy pop songs as well as ballads (Almost Is Never Enough with Nathan Sykes is gorgeous). I just wish she would work on her diction as in Problem I can barely make out what she is saying.

The music she releases isn't really what I would expect from her this early on in her career. To be honest, when I first heard her voice I thought she would go down the Mariah route and release quite a few ballads and then expand into other sounds (the rap collaborations).

As for her cheating, I don't really care. It's her life and it has no impact on me so she can do what she wants.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    She is a very good singer, much better than Jessie J.
    I like her, there is nothing wrong with her.

She is by the way more popular with man than with woman.
    Has something to do with female jealousy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can see your point, with the amount of relationships she has had this past year, she could be one haha.
    None of her relationships were serious, it was hardly more than friendship.

Looking a few years younger than her actual age is no crime and no reason for hate. The time will come that you spend yourself too much money to look younger than you are, while in Ariana's case it's natural.

So please try to control your jealousy.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member

She's had two relationships (to the public's knowledge) since she started releasing music.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I have ever heard of her or recognise her!

I'm another one who doesn't have the remotest idea who she is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's had two relationships (to the public's knowledge) since she started releasing music.
    She saw Jay hardly more than once a month, he was most of the time not in the US.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cressida wrote: »
    I'm another one who doesn't have the remotest idea who she is.
    It's about popmusic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    She's another bland Disney girl to me. They all start looking the same after a while. Her song is so overplayed but her personal life is her business. If she cheats then yeah it's a dick move but it's nothing I care about.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I first became aware of her after seeing the brilliant Miranda Sings on stage with Ariana's brother Frankie in London a few years ago. I thought he was hilarious and read up on him and saw he had a sister who was a Disney star. In the time that followed I watched various videos of Ariana on YT and found she has a killer voice (with Mariah-like whistle register), has a great sense of humour and is a very good impressionist. I'm just not very keen on her music. Endless bland r'n'b by numbers with rent-a-rappers and other 'featuring' guests that bore me stiff. I'd love to love her music as I think she's immensely talented, but it's just not for me. As for her love life I've no idea who she's going out with/ever gone out with and have no interest in all that. Oh, there is one song I like - that duet she did with Mika, 'Popular Song'. That was fun and catchy.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her, I quite like some of her songs and she's done ok for a Nickelodeon star but she's not amazing.
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I've never heard of her 'til I clicked this thread title.

After reading some comments here, I wrongly assumed that they were talking about the lead girl from Nickeleon's iCarly - you know the bizarre-looking girl whose head didn't gel well with a body of a child.

I took a look from Google images of Ariana and I must say she is quite attractive but no beauty at all.

As for her singing, I've heard her voice on YouTube and it sounds reasonably fine to me but it's no biggie.

I'm sure Ariana's star may fade within 5 years or so and by then she'll be a member of The Hall Of The Forgotten TV Stars. ;)
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she at the Reading festival?
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,272
    Forum Member
    Sometimes i can't understand what she is singing. She needs to learn to annunciate better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Sometimes i can't understand what she is singing. She needs to learn to annunciate better.

And enunciate ;-)
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,272
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    And enunciate ;-)

Meh. This is DS, not my thesis.