LG or Panasonic 32" LCD TV

2»

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,453
    Forum Member
    bekko2006 wrote:
    I have the Sony RDRHXD710, for myself it locks up at times others report other problems to aswell. A big threads on it in the PVR section of this board.

Has it had all the modifications done to it?, there a number of them that are supposed to cure the problems (according to Sony Assist - manuals and technical bulletins via computer).

As we're not in a freeview area we've probably never sold one?, or at least not very many!.
    Forum Member
    griffo wrote:
    You wouldn't happen to be a Sony engineer ?

No, but I work for a top tier Sony dealer, and I'm a Sony authorised LCD/Plasma engineer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    No, but I work for a top tier Sony dealer, and I'm a Sony authorised LCD/Plasma engineer.

I thought as much, thats why Sony are so good and other's not
    Forum Member
    griffo wrote:
    I thought as much, thats why Sony are so good and other's not

Makes no difference, Sony are the top brand in the UK, with Panasonic second - simple sales figures - I've no idea who's third these days?.
    Forum Member
    Makes no difference, Sony are the top brand in the UK, with Panasonic second - simple sales figures - I've no idea who's third these days?.

So that makes others rubbish then does it?
    Forum Member
    griffo wrote:
    So that makes others rubbish then does it?

No, but the further down the list the worse they are likely to get.

Sony aren't perfect, not by a LONG way, no manufacturer is - and Sony have certainly made some really big cockups over the years! - for instance the PVR bought in from Digifusion!.

If you're happy with LG, fair enough, but it's still the TV equivilent of a Kia - but I know people who are very happy with Kia's.

Incidently, Sony buy some of their DVD recorders from LG, the RDR-GX210's (both versions) are made by LG. LG in turn don't always make all their own TV's, in the past they have bought and badged Beko ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    LG and samsung supply there tubes to most other company,s
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LG and samsung supply there tubes to most other company,s

Panels...

Anyway, it's not the panel that makes the difference, it's the stuff behind it.

I've always been a big LG fan and will continue to be.
  • KojackKojack Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinj wrote:
    They make cheap products that work reasonably well. Whereas people like Panasonic/Sony/Pioneer make products that work really well at sensible prices for the technology involved. They also have reasonable service/returns procedures to back them up in case of problems.

I wouldn't say products in general because in some cases Panny, Sony & Pioneer have been way behind in especially Audio. When you compare to Denon & Yamaha & a few others.

But I would buy Panny or Pioneer in TV & video. As I have done in the past.

It doesn't always get down to which is the best but which may offer a good bang for your bucks too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    griffo wrote:
    You wouldn't happen to be a Sony engineer ?
    No, <snip> I'm a Sony authorised LCD/Plasma engineer
    Nigel, the word you were looking for was "yes". :D

-Chris
    Forum Member
    Panasonic is a highly reputable Japanese manufacturer, usually considered second only to Sony. LG is a Taiwanese (or are they Korean?) manufacturer of cheap rubbish, who are already on their third name change (Goldstar, Lucky Goldstar, now LG).

LG certainly aren't the 'lowest of the low', but certainly aren't very high up the list! :D

Make up your mind Nigel, they either RUBBISH or not
    Forum Member
    griffo wrote:
    Make up your mind Nigel, they either RUBBISH or not

In comparison to Panasonic they are!. Everything is relative, in comparison to Matsui, Bush, Alba etc. they are good sets.
    Forum Member
    In comparison to Panasonic they are!. Everything is relative, in comparison to Matsui, Bush, Alba etc. they are good sets.

You never mentioned in comparison to anything when you first said that they were Rubbish.

I am a little :confused: now, you are praising them now.LOL

Thank God I have not got a Kia or we will be here all week.

Thanks for the debate Nigel I have enjoyed it