Options

just a quick one on Resi....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sat with a friend and played through the first three chapters of Leons campaing yesterday.

The main argument of this thread seems to involve the amount of QTEs in the game.
    I can honestly and whole heartedly say I have never played a game where the Quick Time Events are so frequent and intrusive, they appear for nealy everything.
    Get attacked by an enemy, QTE.
    Need to open a certain door, QTE.
    Want to open a coffin, QTE.
    Swimming underwater and forced into an enemy, QTE.
    Practically an ENTIRE boss, QTE (I wish I was kidding).

It reeks of laziness and poor development.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also on the basis of being compared to the other games in the series,

Seems that for some reason RE6 has Metacritic rating of 68 on the 360 and 77 on the PS3. Odd difference but I reckon the Italian PSM and its 9/10 helped with that....
    Even if we level the difference to 72, that is a far cry from the 83 that Resi 5 gained.

Now granted individual reviews such as Gamespots (Harsh from what I have played) 4.5/10 cause arguments, when the overwhelming majority agree that a game is just not as good as it should be there is probably a reason for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sat with a friend and played through the first three chapters of Leons campaing yesterday.

The main argument of this thread seems to involve the amount of QTEs in the game.
    I can honestly and whole heartedly say I have never played a game where the Quick Time Events are so frequent and intrusive, they appear for nealy everything.
    Get attacked by an enemy, QTE.
    Need to open a certain door, QTE.
    Want to open a coffin, QTE.
    Swimming underwater and forced into an enemy, QTE.
    Practically an ENTIRE boss, QTE (I wish I was kidding).

It reeks of laziness and poor development.

That bad hey.

The positive things I read about RE6 alway seem vague, like you've really got to work at it to find something positive.

All the negative crap rises like cream.

I can't decide which is worse or even worse which to believe, one thing for sure, this will be a cheap purchase, but I do want to play it out of pure curiosity now.