Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SophiaK70 wrote: »
    who are we on about ;-)
    Says it all...
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Did she say to someone "What can I get you sexy?" to a customer in last nights show?
    A pensioner by the looks of it. :eek: :p
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marie_Ebb wrote: »
    Sorry but HAHAHAHA you are so right, this is how I feel too.

A normal bloke - after seeing his old flame for the first time in decades and noticing that she has let herself go a bit would not be interested in rekindling that relationship, it is the larger and the not so beautiful brigade that believe in this relationship as it gives them hope.

I am prepared for the no sense of humour brigade to tackle me on this subject :p

What a load of old tosh
    If you really loved someone you would be interested in rekindling a relationship despite whether they had "let themselves go" or not

That might be how he likes his women anyway.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She's grown on me :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I can't take to her character at all. Her storylines are awful. Why would she meddle in people's lives when she hardly knows them.?
    Her acting is dreadful, so wooden
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If ever there was a character who you know is going to be axed inside 12 months, it's her

Far too old and frumpy to be a realistic love interest for ladies man Lloyd. Totally charisma free yet has wormed herself a job in the Rovers and is now being greeted "alright Mandy" by people who don't even know her

Does anyone actually like her?

I like her.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    I can't take to her character at all. Her storylines are awful. Why would she meddle in people's lives when she hardly knows them.?

I've defended her before but she was very annoying tonight. Stella and Karl only broke up a few months ago anyway. Mandy was going on as if Stella has been single for years.
    And it doesn't seem appropriate behaviour to meddling in the love life of your boss.
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member

Couldn't agree more! I said to my other half tonight that I really can't take to this character:mad:! Makes me cringe when people who've been in the show for 5 minutes act so familiar with the rest of the cast:o

Who's she to meddle in Stella's love life?? Doesn't she know it's Stella herself who involves herself in everyones business:eek:! No, has has already been pointed out, she's a dull character and the acting is dreadful, and I reckon she'll be near the top of Stuart Blackburn's hitlist when he starts as producer:eek:!!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so annoying, giving orders to Jason, butting into Stella love life when she's only known her for few weeks. The way she acts its like she been in Weatherfield way longer than she actually has.
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only fat chicks and guys that are going out with or married to boilers that are defending Mandy. She's awful, and I don't think Lloyd would be seen dead with her.

Picture the scene; Lloyd and Mandy are in the room getting jiggy.....

Lloyd: "Mandy, can I turn the light off, please?

Mandy: "Why, don't you find me attractive, Lloyd?

Lloyd: "No,it's not that, doll, it's just that the lightbulb's burning my arse..."
  • Options
    dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    She makes me want to switch over when she is on the screen, I find her that annoying. Seriously I think she is dreadful. Please go! Now!
  • Options
    Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,489
    Forum Member
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    It's only fat chicks and guys that are going out with or married to boilers that are defending Mandy. She's awful, and I don't think Lloyd would be seen dead with her.

Lloyd: "No,it's not that, doll, it's just that the lightbulb's burning my arse..."

LMFAO:D:D:D!!
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I shouldn't have found that as hilarious as I did.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    She's sweet :)
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I was just musing over the fact that I'd grown to like her :o Since she's been working in the Rovers she's definitely improved though I accept she is quite forward and bossy and interfering but maybe this is just what the Rovers and Stella needs.
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member

LMAO Brilliant!! :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member

This.

Sticking her nose in Stella love life and telling others, what's it to do with her?
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind her as much as everyone else seemed to until tonight. She just annoyed me when she ordered Jason back to work as though he was working for her, and then as everyone else has commented, meddling in the lives of people you hardly know just isn't good TV. What's she got against Stella and Jason anyway? it's none of her business if Stella wants to get jiggy with Jason.
    No I don't like her anymore at all
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Yes that was it! I was trying to remember what else she said to wind me up. The ordering Jason back to work.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's great, there's finally someone genuinely nice behind the Rovers bar
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    After initially not liking her, I am now finding myself starting to like her. :eek:
  • Options
    laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Now that made me laugh out loud!! :D:D
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    She is "up and running" much too quickly in Corrie.
    As other have stated, she seems to know everyone and also more than would have been thought she would know about other characters.
    She is coming over as a bit of a bossy boots too. Can't believe how Stella was so quick to have positive thoughts about her suggestion(or maybe that should read "demand") that Stella should have lunch with a fireman guy who she has never ever seen!
    I can just imagine what Stella would say if someone had suggested another character instead of herself going on a lunch date like that....she would have been furious!
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why is she working in the pub for?

sorry i must have missed the ep...
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    why is she working in the pub for?

sorry i must have missed the ep...

Because Lloyd suggested Stella take her in after she helped out with some thing around Bonfire night.