The 'i hate Mandy Kamara' thread

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else find her mouth really annoying? When she's finished speaking, she does some weird teeth baring half smile/smirk, very irritating.
  • RixionRixion Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Does anyone else find her mouth really annoying? When she's finished speaking, she does some weird teeth baring half smile/smirk, very irritating.

I agree, the frowning is odd too but i Generally like her.
  • Michelle JonesMichelle Jones Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Popsiemia wrote: »
    She is "up and running" much too quickly in Corrie.
    As other have stated, she seems to know everyone and also more than would have been thought she would know about other characters.
    She is coming over as a bit of a bossy boots too. Can't believe how Stella was so quick to have positive thoughts about her suggestion(or maybe that should read "demand") that Stella should have lunch with a fireman guy who she has never ever seen!
    I can just imagine what Stella would say if someone had suggested another character instead of herself going on a lunch date like that....she would have been furious!

Yes this part really annoyed me aswell:mad:! Why's she obsessed with Stella's love life? She's acting too familiar with everyone and it's really grating!

And I bet Craig Charles was well chuffed getting shacked up with Mandy after his last screen gf Cheryl!!:o
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    To me - It's like they've recast Betty with a 50 year old Black Woman
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Lloyd suggested Stella take her in after she helped out with some thing around Bonfire night.

But why? Did she not have a job before...
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    But why? Did she not have a job before...

I don't think she did, though even if she did in soapland its the law you must work in walking distance of where you live. If you don't your hardly ever at work (Marcus).
    Her daughter Jenna worked for a private clinic but now seems to work for the NHS.
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    priscilla wrote: »
    I don't think she did, though even if she did in soapland its the law you must work in walking distance of where you live. If you don't your hardly ever at work (Marcus).
    Her daughter Jenna worked for a private clinic but now seems to work for the NHS.

No they did say from the begining that Jenna worked both in a private clinic and the NHS. She is only part time in each position.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they did say from the begining that Jenna worked both in a private clinic and the NHS. She is only part time in each position.

Oops sorry for the mistake.
  • Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Oops sorry for the mistake.

It's unusual for Corrie to cover their arse like that. That's why it stuck out for me! :p
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, when she was giving Karl a dirty look and saying "Sinita isn't here" in yesterdays episode. Does she even know Sinita? Who is she to judge someone she hardly knows?

Also when she left the Rovers and said to Stella: "I'm off now, Tina's in at 5". Surely Stella knows what time Tina is in? She does the rota's!
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Oh, when she was giving Karl a dirty look and saying "Sinita isn't here" in yesterdays episode. Does she even know Sinita? Who is she to judge someone she hardly knows?

Also when she left the Rovers and said to Stella: "I'm off now, Tina's in at 5". Surely Stella knows what time Tina is in? She does the rota's!
    Sounded like she said Sinitta, not Sunita. Maybe Mandy needs a Toy Boy in her life...:rolleyes:

But yes, odd that. I guess Stella told her all about the happenings and what not.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

thank you for clearing that up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her daughter Jenna worked for a private clinic but now seems to work for the NHS.[/QUOT
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Mandy but the way she's being written is just weird. Her very first scene with Karl and she treats him like dirt. How does she even know who half these people are?

It's like they've written the lines for an absent established character, and given them to Mandy at the last minute.
  • rapunzel4rapunzel4 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did she say to someone "What can I get you sexy?" to a customer in last nights show?

she did and it was very odd and outa context :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like Mandy. She's settling in, don't think she's that bad at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Karl, but who is she to judge him when she hardly even knows him. Imagine if Karl looked at her and told her how she cheated on her ex with Lyold and made out Jenna was for her ex.
    If Stella wants to go out with Jason its Stella choice, Mandy shouldnt be dictating who Stella should go out with.
    She stands there in the Rovers, baring her teeth and giving orders to Jason and matchmaking for Stella and judging others.
  • EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think Lloyd and Stella would've made a better pairing, and find it very unrealistic that he's spending so much time with her but isn't attracted to her

Yes, they would have been good but i have to say I love Stella with Karl.

I find Mandy really annoying but as someone said the daughter is more annoying.
  • PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    Because Lloyd suggested Stella take her in after she helped out with some thing around Bonfire night.
    I thought she was doing the catering?

Now she seems to be a stand in barmaid too!
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw her drawing her eyes off Karl the other night. What a bloody cheek. This from a bint who shagged her husband's best mate behind his back 30 years ago, had his baby and lied to the two of them and the subsequent daughter about who the father was. What a two faced, lying hypocritical cow.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding her relationship with Stella too rushed and forced. Also don't buy her and Lloyd as a couple, at all.

I think her acting has improved slightly since she arrived though. She doesn't seem quite so wooden now. And at least she's cheered up a bit.
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »

The actress has put on a lot of weight - this is her in 2007

http://www.jamati.com/online/film/pamela-nomvete/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    alienpanda wrote: »
    The actress has put on a lot of weight - this is her in 2007

http://www.jamati.com/online/film/pamela-nomvete/

Just imagine what she must have looked like 30 years ago . No wonder Lloyd went out with her:D

That really is quite a weight gain in just 5 years .
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    That is never her!
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the pairing quite believable... I guess if you still have feelings for your first love then love is blind :)