Options

Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2013-14 Season

Comments

• Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »
    There's four matches left which are Swansea City (H), Arsenal (A), Cardiff City (H) and Liverpool (A).

Thanks. I am dreading Liverpool. They are on fire now and Newcastle could get beat 6-0, at this rate:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, Rob Elliot has apparently been slagging of Keegan:o Shocking stuff, if true. Everything I read about Newcastle, seems to be so negative at the moment. I wish there was something positive to read about:(

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/said-newcastle-keeper-rob-elliot-walked-club-last-night-spoke/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not sure if I believe that Mag article to be honest, even if I posted the link. Why would a football player come out with things like that to a fan? It does not make sense.
  • Options
    PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So The Chronicle is saying Pardew is in no immediate danger of losing his job as it looks like he got what they wanted at the start of the Season which is a top 10 finish :(>:(.

Link to The Chronicle article http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-not-any-immediate-6989684?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To be honest though I knew he wasn't going unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So The Chronicle is saying Pardew is in no immediate danger of losing his job as it looks like he got what they wanted at the start of the Season which is a top 10 finish :(>:(.

Link to The Chronicle article http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-not-any-immediate-6989684?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To be honest though I knew he wasn't going unfortunately.

Yep, he will only be out, when Newcastle gets relegated. I fear for next season.

Anyway, some good news. It looks like Adam Armstrong will get a start on Saturday. :) I have a feeling he will do well for the Swansea game.

I am still not sure what is going on with Remy? I still hope he will be back, before the season ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, he will only be out, when Newcastle gets relegated. I fear for next season.

Anyway, some good news. It looks like Adam Armstrong will get a start on Saturday. :) I have a feeling he will do well for the Swansea game.

I am still not sure what is going on with Remy? I still hope he will be back, before the season ends.

Yes Loic wants to get in the World Cup squad for France but it looks like we don't care about wins anymore this season so we won't play him, I like Adam Armstrong but he won't score for us either not with this manager in charge unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes Loic wants to get in the World Cup squad for France but it looks like we don't care about wins anymore this season so we won't play him, I like Adam Armstrong but he won't score for us either not with this manager in charge unfortunately.

Probably wants to save himself for the cup then, if we do not see him play again at Newcastle. I do not blame the player at all, to be honest.

Yep, the kid is a striker, but was played out of position on Saturday.

Haha, apparently there is some Newcastle/Man UTD news, according to this person:D Imagine if Remy has joined Man United:o It is possible, considering he won't be staying at Newcastle. Whoever does end up with Remy, is very, very lucky, to end up with a player like him.

https://twitter.com/Agent_Edward
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, just had a look at the rest of the tweets on that Twitter account. It looks like the person who runs the account is a joker. Haha:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brilliant tweet, about Ben Arfa.

https://twitter.com/nufckeithr/status/456119330350960640/photo/1

Yes, people can mock, or say you cannot compare. But you can. Ben Arfa is not as good as David Ginola, but they are the same kind of player. They do not defend. It isn't their game. It is like asking Williamson, or Colo to score a goal, but you wouldn't, because it isn't their game.

This is why Alan Pardew fails as a manager for me. He doesn't know how to use a player like Ben Arfa in the right way, whereas Kevin Keegan would. The difference between these two, is as clear as day. Kevin Keegan would try his very best to help out his players, to make sure they had freedom to play their game, whereas Pardew doesn't and won't.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fun Stat of the Day....Sunderland have scored more league goals at SJP in 2014 than Newcastle have
  • Options
    hallchallc Posts: 200,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shocking stat,
  • Options
    big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant tweet, about Ben Arfa.

https://twitter.com/nufckeithr/status/456119330350960640/photo/1

Yes, people can mock, or say you cannot compare. But you can. Ben Arfa is not as good as David Ginola, but they are the same kind of player. They do not defend. It isn't their game. It is like asking Williamson, or Colo to score a goal, but you wouldn't, because it isn't their game.

This is why Alan Pardew fails as a manager for me. He doesn't know how to use a player like Ben Arfa in the right way, whereas Kevin Keegan would. The difference between these two, is as clear as day. Kevin Keegan would try his very best to help out his players, to make sure they had freedom to play their game, whereas Pardew doesn't and won't.

It isn't just defenders who defend. The whole eleven should, in their own way, defend, and that's starting with strikers who should press and close the opposition down. I don't think any player should be able to get away with not bothering to do any defending or tracking back whatsoever, as that's not helpful to the team.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So on The Chronicle website Micky Quinn has wrote a long article about Pardew:

If anyone wants to read it here's the link to the article http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mick-quinn-criticism-always-alan-6994613?

Totally agree with Quinn here.

As for the goals scored at SJP since 2014 stat that's terrible :(.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So on The Chronicle website Micky Quinn has wrote a long article about Pardew:

If anyone wants to read it here's the link to the article http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mick-quinn-criticism-always-alan-6994613?

Totally agree with Quinn here.

As for the goals scored at SJP since 2014 stat that's terrible :(.

Try this for size.

The last time we lost a game in the LEAGUE in which he have scored in that game was against Sunderland in October by 2 goals to 1. October 2013.

The last game that we lost that we lost and scored in that game was at home to Cardiff in the FA Cup. Without a doubt our season died in that one game.

In every other game since the start of the season we have only lost 2 games in which we have scored in that game.. Every other game have lost to no goals

:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Try this for size.

The last time we lost a game in the LEAGUE in which he have scored in that game was against Sunderland in October by 2 goals to 1. October 2013.

The last game that we lost that we lost and scored in that game was at home to Cardiff in the FA Cup. Without a doubt our season died in that one game.

In every other game since the start of the season we have only lost 2 games in which we have scored in that game.. Every other game have lost to no goals

:(:(

Awful and in our last 15 Premier League games we have only picked up 13 points out of a possible 45.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear oh dear another defeat we should've won that Swansea were so poor today this means we not going to win another game this season are we :confused::(.
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    That c*nt has to go! >:(>:(
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Dear oh dear we should've won that Swansea were so poor today this means we not going to win another game this season are we :confused::(.

I guess we didn't lose again that was the only good thing to come out of it :(.

Awkward...

Thanks for the 3 points though, we REALLY needed them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awkward...

Thanks for the 3 points though, we REALLY needed them.

Posted to early :blush: you're welcome to the three points though, not like it's a hard thing to do anymore.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have to wonder what he has to do to get sacked

He obviously believes he's untouchable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    You have to wonder what he has to do to get sacked

He obviously believes he's untouchable

He just needs to go it's rediculous now.

Arsenal away is next as well :(.
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Posted to early :blush: you're welcome to the three points though, not like it's a hard thing to do anymore.

I didn't know what to expect today because both our teams are in shocking form. Hoped we would get something as we desperately needed the points!!
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    That c*nt has to go! >:(>:(
    Funny, Pat Murphy said the exact same thing on the 5 Live report today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Just like to thank you for loaning us (Rotherham) James Tavernier what a fantastic he has been for us.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRMiller wrote: »
    Just like to thank you for loaning us (Rotherham) James Tavernier what a fantastic he has been for us.

He was a star when he came to Gateshead as well. Good little player.