The Official Voting Results.

Comments

• IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    Well that explains the push for Fleur. hah!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the voters for Ben and Fleur actually buy the material else its just a waste of time.
    Wrong. The purpose of the program is to provide an entertainment show.
    How did Simon Cowell manipulate anyone? Its a public vote if the public wanted Paul through they would have voted.
    GIven unsuitable songs and criticism.
    Do you hate Simon Cowell.
    No. I simply loathe him.
    jazzymina wrote: »
    so sad about Paul. Loved him. shame they ruined him as he could have went really far :(

I also loved Andrea but they kept giving him diva songs which doesn't seem surprising that eventually people got bored and stop voting.
    Andrea loved having the diva songs.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Well that explains the push for Fleur. hah!

Haha I know!!!
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dia6olo wrote: »
    Simple really he would have never been down there in the first place but for the sabotage.
    You only have to look at his percentages in the earlier weeks.

how was he sabotaged
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Wrong. The purpose of the program is to provide an entertainment show.

GIven unsuitable songs and criticism.

No. I simply loathe him.

Andrea loved having the diva songs.

How can you loathe someone if yo don't know them Everyone who knows Simon says he is really nice.
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as I predicted really. Andrea strong at first then Ben dominating.

I remember so many claims that Fleur was struggling in the votes all along, and that OTY were doing really well. Turns out she really wasn't and they only narrowly escaped the Bottom 2 on multiple occasions. Surprised that she was Top 5 in week 1 too, after barely any exposure before Judges' Houses.

Good to see Paul was doing well to start with. Such a sudden drop in week 5 though..

Surprised that Jay James was never up high.

Yes, on the whole, she did quite well in the voting, apart from that one week, she wasn't anywhere near the bottom which is good considering that from the start she wasn't really 'noticed' until a bit later in the competition, but mostly coming in between from 5th, 6th positions and then subsequently getting higher coming 2nd for some weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason lots of you are saying Lauren, Paul and Andrea were sabotaged is because lots of you like them and they were your favourites. But none of you can accuse te show of sabotaging Lauren, Paul and Andrea Andrea peaked too early and normally the winner doesn't peak t early. Alexander Burke didn't peak too early in 2008 and JLS n the same year who were the runners up didn't peak too early and Little Mix in 2011 didn't peak to early.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing the comparisons between Cardle and Haenow. Cardle was a total wet blanket - he could have been in Travis he was so wishy washy. Ben on the other hand isn't a cardigan wearing warbler. More of a rockstar, although he'll become more Jonas Brothers style rock than proper rock I imagine.

And poor poor Fleur. Although I knew she wasn't very good I did start to believe the hype, but those voting percentages aren't great at all. Maybe in 20 years she'll be the new Sinitta style bit on the side for Cowell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how was he sabotaged

Nobody was sabotaged, he didn't get enough votes from the GBP simple as that. Of course, there will always be the disgruntled ones whose favourites didn't win running away with all kinds of theories and suppositions and having no concrete proof to substantiate them.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason lots of you are saying Lauren, Paul and Andrea were sabotaged is because lots of you like them and they were your favourites. But none of you can accuse te show of sabotaging Lauren, Paul and Andrea Andrea peaked too early and normally the winner doesn't peak t early. Alexander Burke didn't peak too early in 2008 and JLS n the same year who were the runners up didn't peak too early and Little Mix in 2011 didn't peak to early.

It's happened many times over the years that the early leader tails off once acts start to leave. Eoghan Quigg was getting over 25% of the vote for the first few weeks but then ended up coming third when JLS and Alexandra gained fans week on week.

In this case, I think Andrea possibly kept his core support whereas Ben and Fleur gained fans as the series went on
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing the comparisons between Cardle and Haenow. Cardle was a total wet blanket - he could have been in Travis he was so wishy washy. Ben on the other hand isn't a cargigan wearing type. More of a rockstar, although he'll become more Jonas Brothers style rock than proper rock I imagine.

And poor poor Fleur. Although I knew she wasn't very good I did start to believe the hype, but those voting percentages aren't great at all. Maybe in 20 years she'll be the new Sinitta style bit on the side for Cowell.

In your opinion she wasn't very good, those who voted for her thought different. I don't think she did that bad in the votes either, at least she was near the top half for most of the weeks.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jocolah wrote: »
    In your opinion she wasn't very good, those who voted for her thought different. I don't think she did that bad in the votes either, at least she was near the top half for most of the weeks.

This is an open forum where people post their opinions. There is no need to start every sentence with 'in my opinion' or 'personally'. It is obvious that what the user says is their opinion.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is an open forum where people post their opinions. There is no need to start every sentence with 'in my opinion' or 'personally'. It is obvious that what the user says is their opinion.

It's not obvious. There are some people who think their opinions are fact and make statements as if it's gospel so there is a need to say it.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't stand Lauren but I can see that she was cut off at the knees and should have gone to the final. Total sabotage.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody was sabotaged, he didn't get enough votes from the GBP simple as that. Of course, there will always be the disgruntled ones whose favourites didn't win running away with all kinds of theories and suppositions and having no concrete proof to substantiate them.

He was getting plenty of votes in fact twice as many as anyone else in week one until the snide remarks, Vt's and song choices dragged him down!
    Blondie X wrote: »
    It's happened many times over the years that the early leader tails off once acts start to leave. Eoghan Quigg was getting over 25% of the vote for the first few weeks but then ended up coming third when JLS and Alexandra gained fans week on week.

In this case, I think Andrea possibly kept his core support whereas Ben and Fleur gained fans as the series went on

Support for an early leader is there for a reason, because they are usually good! The peak or tail off is nonsense IMO. The producers use their bag of tricks to drag them down to serve their own agenda!
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Support for an early leader is there for a reason, because they are usually good! The peak or tail off is nonsense IMO. The producers use their bag of tricks to drag them down to serve their own agenda!

Surely the fact Malony and Quigg were early leaders negates that theory as they were both shocking.

And I completely disagree that peaking and tailing off is nonsense. That is exactly what happens when acts start to improve and show their strengths, they gain support
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    a lot of time the reason support for an early leader dwindles and they end up not winning is they come across great in their first few appearances but end up stagnating by doing the same thing week after week which people get bored with

or

have one great performance in the auditions which creates a fan base but never live up to that standard again and eventually people just give up on giving them the benefit of the doubt that they might do it again
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the fact Malony and Quigg were early leaders negates that theory as they were both shocking.

And I completely disagree that peaking and tailing off is nonsense. That is exactly what happens when acts start to improve and show their strengths, they gain support

While I agree with you that peaking and tailing off is a real thing that very scenario is also fairly easy to contrive from a producers point of view. If an act is given unsuitable songs then a natural tailing off will be initiated just as if they don't improve of their own accord.

Easy case in point - Paul being given rock songs which, while he did them pretty well, weren't, and never would have been, his thing. He's a soul singer, that's where his strengths lie, so by denying him appropriate song choices, he cannot show his strength. Add to that suggestions that he's 'difficult' or 'saps the fun out of the room' and his chances of continuing to pick up new fans suddenly gets very stifled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    After reviewing some of these figures:

I am so gutted and p*ssed about Paul Akister's treatment on the show even more so than i was before. He clearly did very well in the first three weeks of the show and then witnessed a drastic decrease in support and votes from week 4 to week 5. The blatant manipulation in week 4 coupled with a bad song choice in week 5 is what sealed his demise on the show.

Him and Jay literally both got 8.1% of the vote so it must have been extremely close :o. To think that someone like Jay who wasn't really popular to begin with goes on the tour and Paul doesn't is really sad to me :(

I am somewhat not surprised about Fleur's lack of popularity/votes in the first 5 weeks of the show plus she had a very lucky escape from the B2 in week 8. Overall she wasn't as popular as first pereived, Ben was the clear winner of the show and it wasn't really close between the two. I am just surprised that she didn't top the vote in week 9 when she performed uptown funk.

Its also interesting to know that Lauren according to the public should have been a finalist overall she was ranking far higher in the voting than Fleur.

Andrea topping the votes the first three weeks with Ben topping the rest was really no surprise. But it is interesting to see that Andrea would have had a far earlier exit if it went to deadlock when he was in the B2 both times. Imagine he went out to someone like Stevie LOL :o, imagine the backlash :p.

All the groups were just clearly taking up space and were by far the weakest category none of them not even sterokicks polled very well at all despite all the hype. They were all just taking up space as well as the wildcard acts.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    How can you loathe someone if yo don't know them Everyone who knows Simon says he is really nice.

Doesn't he pay the wages of most people he knows?
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sali9362 wrote: »

I am so gutted and p*ssed about Paul Akister's treatment on the show even more so than i was before. He clearly did very well in the first three weeks of the show and then witnessed a drastic decrease in support and votes from week 4 to week 5. The blatant manipulation in week 4 coupled with a bad song choice in week 5 is what sealed his demise on the show.

Him and Jay literally both got 8.1% of the vote so it must have been extremely close :o. To think that someone like Jay who wasn't really popular to begin with goes on the tour and Paul doesn't is really sad to me :(

I am somewhat not surprised about Fleur's lack of popularity/votes in the first 5 weeks of the show plus she had very lucky escape from the B2 in week 8. Overall she wasn't as popular as first pereived, Ben was the clear winner of the show and it wasn't really close between the two. I am just surprised at the fact that she didn't top the public vote in week 9 when she performed uptown funk.

Its also interesting to know that Lauren according to the public votes should have been a finalist overall she was ranking far higher in the voting than Fleur.

Andrea topping the votes the first three weeks with Ben topping the rest was really no surprise to me. But it is interesting to see that Andrea would have had a far earlier exit if it went to deadlock when he was in the B2 both times. Imagine he went out to someone like Stevie LOL :o, imagine the backlash :p.

All the groups were just clearly taking up space and were by far the weakest category none of them not even sterokicks polled very well at all despite all the hype. They were all just taking up space as well as the wildcard acts.

Pretty much how I feel. I know! Regarding SK, you would have thought they would have topped the week they sang Hey Jude/Let It Be in Week 3 judging by the OTT reactions of standing ovations and hailing them as an incredible band.... and they only managed 6th out of 12. That's pretty funny.

Also, going by the figures, we can put the whole "Whoever sings first is in danger" thing put to bed. As many have said, since they open the lines at the start, it's no longer a danger. Ben went first in Halloween week and it was the first week he topped. When Ben was topping the votes, he NEVER was in the "pimp" slot.

Jake- To be fair, I know he struggled, but I thought he would have done better, he did poorly across the board... you look at the % here and then look at his % on I'm A Celebrity, I am baffled how different it is. He was doing very well in the jungle. Odd how different people vote on the same people on different shows.

Now that brings in something that a lot of people were saying, "With the free app, the tweenies will vote the young ones and SK". Wrong really. Looks like Ben had a lot of app voters going for him, and SK struggled. The tweenies vote with SK was exaggerated, looking online, I never saw a huge number of people supporting SK.

Halloween week looks like it was the most level playing week in history. The % were very low for everyone. Only 10% separated the winner and the bottom place in 11th place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sali9362 wrote: »

I agree entirely with your post.

Paul was extremely popular to begin with, then thrown bodily under the bus by the X Factor anti-popularity machine. Had ONE week where he dipped and was instantly canned.

No question he would have had a big bounce back after being in the bottom two, but Cowell couldn't wait to get rid. Amazing,

Also, Mormon girl, are you for real? If so, I have a Nigerian friend with money that needs transferring to the Uk etc etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The post bellow says it best as far as I'm concerned, it is very easily done.
    mmpfb wrote: »
    While I agree with you that peaking and tailing off is a real thing that very scenario is also fairly easy to contrive from a producers point of view. If an act is given unsuitable songs then a natural tailing off will be initiated just as if they don't improve of their own accord.

Easy case in point - Paul being given rock songs which, while he did them pretty well, weren't, and never would have been, his thing. He's a soul singer, that's where his strengths lie, so by denying him appropriate song choices, he cannot show his strength. Add to that suggestions that he's 'difficult' or 'saps the fun out of the room' and his chances of continuing to pick up new fans suddenly gets very stifled.

Good post!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was getting plenty of votes in fact twice as many as anyone else in week one until the snide remarks, Vt's and song choices dragged him down!

Ben received negative feedback from Mel and Cheryl on quite a few of his performances and as we see had no impact on his popularity. However, I have to concede about some of the song choices not doing Andreas justice. I think Mel should have stretched him as he did sound samey most weeks which is why I believe the support for him dwindled. Nevertheless, although I'm pleased for Ben and his deserved win, I would have preferred Andrea to have been in the final two instead of him as he did have far superior and stronger vocals although not perfect by any means. In fact, none of the contestants were perfect vocally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Doesn't he pay the wages of most people he knows?

LOL spot on! :D