Options

TXF beat SCD for NTAs.

Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
Forum Member
Am absolutely gutted and cross that TXF beat SCD in the NTAs, then again things attributed to SCD not winning like lens daft casting vote decisions, the all female presenting partnership and the BBC hand picking a cost cut celebrity list. SCD bosses need to try harder next time and I mean it as Simon Cowell is biting on the bbc's heels now. :(

Comments

• Options
    Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be a fix. Because they are desperate for X factor to win to get back popularity.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV progs always do better than they should at the NTAs.
  • Options
    JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    ITV progs always do better than they should at the NTAs.

Exactly what I was going to say! I've found myself rather perplexed at the winners of some categories in the past, and even some of the people who make it from the long list to the short list, so I don't personally put too much stock in the results and I know many others don't either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    Could be a fix. Because they are desperate for X factor to win to get back popularity.

I think TXF although had crappy ratings was better produced and it seems now len, Darcey and Tess put a serious dent in SCD winning at the NTAs. If only the BBC would listen to us for reasons of fairness rather than being greedy for ratings it would have a lot more respect. BBC are gonna have to wake up and smell the coffee for SCD this year as this past year they've become complacent really. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JDarcy wrote: »
    Exactly what I was going to say! I've found myself rather perplexed at the winners of some categories in the past, and even some of the people who make it from the long list to the short list, so I don't personally put too much stock in the results and I know many others don't either

Charlotte Moore who is BBC one controller is to blame for the shows decline, everything about SCD lost its sparkle just gone, she thought we would prefer it if we had two female presenters rather than a man and woman. Its proved to not be good enough, I like Claudia but am not convinced she's in the correct job, feels like a makeshift type of presenter in my books as no one who was a guy wanted to do it sadly. :(
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »

Why is it on DS that when a vote doesn't go the way a poster wants, it's a "fix"? ITV only screen the NTAs, they are not responsible for the votes. So is it a global conspiracy now...?
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDarcy wrote: »

It's not really that difficult to grasp: more people voted for those who won than those who didn't.
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares? I doubt were going to stop watching scd just because it lost to some other show. Besides aren't the awards voted by the public? If so no wonder, the youngsters will vote in X factor. Besides, how can you take an awards show seriously when ant and dec win 14 years in a row...
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when the judges vote out the best dancer in sixth place.

It's exactly the type of antics that made The X Factor unpopular, but since they're as bad as each other now, there's not much point in the public voting for either show.

It's downhill for Strictly from now on. Say goodbye to your award wins over The X Factor and say goodbye to your ratings... All because you wanted to shock the nation and grab a few headlines by eliminating the best dancer.

Well, I hope it was worth it. Pixie - 1, Strictly - nil.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Well passed time to let the Pixie thing go - it's old news.

The NTA awards are more likely to be voted on by younger people. Therefore Sheridan Smith in a light drama wins over the much superior Sarah Lancashire in a really gripping series, and X-Factor wins over Strictly, and Ant and Dec just have to turn up to get an award.

I put no weight on those awards. They're nothing more than a popularity contest rather than being judged on real worth.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes Strictly wins, sometimes X Factor does. Brian's Got Talent gets high ratings as well and is also popular and never does - maybe they should be crying about RIGGING.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Reserved wrote: »
    This is what happens when the judges vote out the best dancer in sixth place.

It's exactly the type of antics that made The X Factor unpopular, but since they're as bad as each other now, there's not much point in the public voting for either show.

It's downhill for Strictly from now on. Say goodbye to your award wins over The X Factor and say goodbye to your ratings... All because you wanted to shock the nation and grab a few headlines by eliminating the best dancer.

Well, I hope it was worth it. Pixie - 1, Strictly - nil.

The real villains of all are head of entertainment mark linsey, controller charlotte Moore and executive producer Louise rainbow. All three of em were influential on lens decision making. Trouble is they have no credibility now, its all about greed and ratings generating. At the same time the fools in charge gave her bad edits, little time on ITT and twitter hatred. All who hated pixie on twitter should be ashamed of themselves really. >:(
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fix !!!
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tall Paul wrote: »
    The real villains of all are head of entertainment mark linsey, controller charlotte Moore and executive producer Louise rainbow. All three of em were influential on lens decision making. Trouble is they have no credibility now, its all about greed and ratings generating. At the same time the fools in charge gave her bad edits, little time on ITT and twitter hatred. All who hated pixie on twitter should be ashamed of themselves really. >:(

Many people thought that - Pixie wasn't signed up to the tour and all the others left in were, so they got rid of her as there was a high possibility she would win Strictly and it wouldn't have been right for the tour not to have the winner doing it. Do you think Len was told to vote Pixie off to get her out of the way ? This conspiracy will be debated for ever and a day amongst people like yourself who can't let things just go and move on. Why do you take such stock in the awards anyway - who cares ?
  • Options
    missiemoomissiemoo Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Who cares? I doubt were going to stop watching scd just because it lost to some other show. Besides aren't the awards voted by the public? If so no wonder, the youngsters will vote in X factor. Besides, how can you take an awards show seriously when ant and dec win 14 years in a row...

Agree with you on this - the voting has a lot to do with the demographics of the voters. It would be interesting to know what the ratios are, but it is possible that younger people may be more inclined to vote based on the results.

I cannot be bothered to watch NTA so personally could not care who won, it will make absolutely no difference to my viewing choices.
  • Options
    MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you really want to win a NTA? When Celebrity Juice can win over Game of Thrones and Danny Dyer wins one for his "acting" it says a lot about these type of awards.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed Strictly didn't win but its not the end of the world, and I certainly don't subscribe to any of the conspiracy theories about why X Factor won instead. Another award would have been nice, but SCD got better ratings and I know which show I prefer - so I'm over it now really.

Incidentally was I the only one who was enjoying playing 'Strictly star spotting' at the awards? By my count 6 people associated with the show made it onto the stage at some point during the evening!
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised that XF won over Strictly.

Cowell must have had Sinitta ("35") on speed-dial for weeks.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Well passed time to let the Pixie thing go - it's old news.

The NTA awards are more likely to be voted on by younger people. Therefore Sheridan Smith in a light drama wins over the much superior Sarah Lancashire in a really gripping series, and X-Factor wins over Strictly, and Ant and Dec just have to turn up to get an award.

I put no weight on those awards. They're nothing more than a popularity contest rather than being judged on real worth.

bib: Hear hear!
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I'm so annoyed that X Factor won over Strictly. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tall Paul wrote: »

Seriously how did the powers that be give Pixie 'twitter hatred'? For reasons that I cannot fathom she seems to attract a lot of negativity - and it is still happening now! I don't think this has been manufactured in any way, she just seems to get a lot of ridiculously nasty comments, much like James Blunt used to before people realised how witty he was.
  • Options
    mammacassimammacassi Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    MontyD wrote: »
    Do you really want to win a NTA? When Celebrity Juice can win over Game of Thrones and Danny Dyer wins one for his "acting" it says a lot about these type of awards.

Apparently Sun readers and Hello readers were the voters (they had voting forms in them) that tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    mammacassi wrote: »
    Apparently Sun readers and Hello readers were the voters (they had voting forms in them) that tells you all you need to know.
    So that's why I knew nothing about the awards or that it was a public vote!!!! The results in each category clearly showed that it's the young who were voting.

Have never read the Sun, Hello, OK or any of the other comics that are so concerned with "celebrities" and never will.
  • Options
    MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were also voting forms in the Radio Times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Monkseal wrote: »
    There were also voting forms in the Radio Times.

Yes and you could vote online for free as well - which I did.