Options

most haunted ?

Comments

• Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    Karl Beattie commented a couple of days ago that they tried to get a Hallowe'en one together on a different channel, but there was not time to get it all sorted, it may be back next year though, they are trying hard to get it back on our tellys.

i hope they can i did love the show & what they did was horendous
    emails wrote: »
    i think all things concidered here i'd love to see this return but like others have said lets not get stupidity involved in ghost hunting. they should go back to pendle hill with the right people & do a proper paranormal infestigation. yes bring in a mediem that can take in spirits (whats the name for it?) & do it properly anything that can help change the way we beleave in the after life

yes i do agree if they can do pendle hill again ,properly yes i will be the 1st to tune in.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching the repeats on Pick tv at the moment.

they should bring back one-off seasonal specials for a good laugh... used to love the Most Haunted Live thread discussions on DS :D
  • Options
    HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSWNSM wrote: »
    And guess what................at the start of the show it says "this is for entertainment purposes only" :rolleyes: anything that says something like this is fake.

All such shows put a disclaimer at the start of the show, as do tv or theatre mediums. It's to protect themselves from being sued by anyone under trades description legislation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is this show ever coming back? tryed looking on twitter for answers but can't find karl or yevette on there? or anything most haunted connected
  • Options
    jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cold hard fact is that Most Haunted isn't coming back.

There's a very sad, pathetic page on facebook run by Karl Beattie who keeps claiming the show is coming back "bigger and better". He's been saying that since the last episode in March 2010 and all they have achieved was a DVD special episode in 2011 which was awful.

Every so often he pretends something's happening... like a deal with Lionsgate Films, a deal with USA channels and so on to bring back new episodes... but still nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »
    The cold hard fact is that Most Haunted isn't coming back.

There's a very sad, pathetic page on facebook run by Karl Beattie who keeps claiming the show is coming back "bigger and better". He's been saying that since the last episode in March 2010 and all they have achieved was a DVD special episode in 2011 which was awful.

Every so often he pretends something's happening... like a deal with Lionsgate Films, a deal with USA channels and so on to bring back new episodes... but still nothing.

hasn't there production company anitix gone to salford or somthing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    can anyone tell me if there is a dvd out yet of most haunted the return ,the 1st series to air on really? & where can i get it from?:):)
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the recent series on REALLY is available on DVD. In other MH related news, REALLY has commissioned a new series of GhostHunting With....It will be shown in June.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I don't think the recent series on REALLY is available on DVD. In other MH related news, REALLY has commissioned a new series of GhostHunting With....It will be shown in June.

oh right ok, when is it likely to be?
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible that every ghost in the UK that wants to be on TV has now been filmed and that's the end of it. The rest are invoking privacy clauses.

Time to start hunting the zombies instead, apparently there are loads of them everywhere.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    oh right ok, when is it likely to be?

Really Channel and Karl Beattie himself (via Twitter and Facebook) have announced that two new series of Most Haunted have been commissioned and will be shown in June 2015 and 2016. Karl Beattie frequently comments on Twitter that they've filmed some episodes and he's in the middle of editing them for broadcast in June.

Here is the official announcement from Really :-
    January 2015

Multi-award winning broadcaster UKTV today announced a second and third series of hit ghost hunt show Most Haunted, for its entertainment channel, Really.

Most Haunted launched on Really in 2014, averaging 281k individuals in its premiere run (up 83% on slot).

Emma Ayech, General Manager, Really, said,

Paranormal Thursdays continue to perform brilliantly for Really, with Most Haunted, Ghost Adventures, and Paranormal Witness all featuring in the channel's top five programming across 2014. We're delighted to be bringing our viewers more of the much-loved Most Haunted.

Long-running favourite Most Haunted, produced by Antix Productions, has captivated audiences around the world, shooting over 300 episodes and producing over 350 hours of live television in reputedly haunted locations.

Producer and director, Karl Beattie, added,

Its great to be back again with Really and continuing to be apart of their strong stable of paranormal programming. We have a few new faces, new equipment and a hoard of unexplained experiences. This series is, without doubt, the best yet."

New episodes of Most Haunted's second series will premiere in June this year.
  • Options
    dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
    Forum Member
    No live shows then?
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No live shows then?

their glory days are over..now adays they can barely afford a camera and some sound guy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No live shows then?

The last series was only getting about 280,000 viewers, this might be a lot for that slot on Really but it's not enough to justify an expensive live show. As the previous poster said their glory days of week long live shows are gone forever, they should just count themselves lucky MH was brought back at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dont think it was that many years ago they last did a live show. Is live really that expensive?
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont think it was that many years ago they last did a live show. Is live really that expensive?

I bet it is if doing over a satellite feed however now days anyone can do a live investigation as long as they have a fast wifi or mobile service.
    I am surprised there not more other live investigation events as its quite easy to do now by anyone?
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I bet it is if doing over a satellite feed however now days anyone can do a live investigation as long as they have a fast wifi or mobile service.
    I am surprised there not more other live investigation events as its quite easy to do now by anyone?

Not many people would watch a televised live investigation done by a bunch of enthusiasts though, would they? If you're into that kind of thing, you'd try to get in on an investigation yourself. I know that MH must have some fans that believe what they are seeing, but the majority watched it for the entertainment factor, surely? 'Mary loves Dick' and all that! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the last live shows were in 2010, when they were still on Living. A live outside broadcast is very expensive.
  • Options
    JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show lost all credibility when they showed Brian Shepherd doing a 'sketch' of a ghost then the camera mistakenly turned around to show the picture on the wall he'd just copied. :o it even had exactly the same pose.:o

The team was too stupid not to edit it out of the broadcast show.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Shepherd's sketches of people always looked exactly the same (big dark evil faces with huge noses and nostrils) and no-one ever pointed it out ^_^
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoffmister wrote: »
    their glory days are over..now adays they can barely afford a camera and some sound guy

Shame, I used think the live ones were brilliantly funny for a while. :D

They did gety a bit samey though, so I stoppped watching.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Butterface wrote: »
    Brian Shepherd's sketches of people always looked exactly the same (big dark evil faces with huge noses and nostrils) and no-one ever pointed it out ^_^

Brian was hopeless bless him, I remember on one show Karl stuck pins in a doll and it was supposed to affect Brian, who was in another part of the location. His acting at "feeling" the pain was hilarious. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i did love the live shows & would still watch them now as with any other tv show,lives shows are good as anything can happen.i don't think theres ever enough of them.any live show i would normally put to dvd as they are rare
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    Brian was hopeless bless him, I remember on one show Karl stuck pins in a doll and it was supposed to affect Brian, who was in another part of the location. His acting at "feeling" the pain was hilarious. :D

if that was acting i would have to give him an oscar for that, i thought i was doing it for real, but then it is most haunted,which was probably more comedy than scary:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    Not many people would watch a televised live investigation done by a bunch of enthusiasts though, would they? If you're into that kind of thing, you'd try to get in on an investigation yourself. I know that MH must have some fans that believe what they are seeing, but the majority watched it for the entertainment factor, surely? 'Mary loves Dick' and all that! :p

That joke is getting tiresome now.