The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    Because she is an idiot?

Possibly! It seems she told the twins they would be in the movie and announced it on her own Twitter, but she appears a bit more vague today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    This should be our fandom motto 'believe in the twins, but don't believe anything until it really happened' :D:p
  • MarcPaulBMarcPaulB Posts: 4,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been announced on BBC Breakfast that the twins will be guests on the show tomorrow :) Presumably this ties in with the tour promo in Manchester that's already been mentioned?
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Possibly! It seems she told the twins they would be in the movie and announced it on her own Twitter, but she appears a bit more vague today.

The media certainly find it fascinating, so many sites have reported it.

And even after Tara's backtracking tweet they are still running with it! http://www.thehothits.com/news/41568/sharknado-sequel-to-feature-jedward-alongside-bff-tara-reid-
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    This should be our fandom motto 'believe in the twins, but don't believe anything until it really happened' :D:p

That's what got me about the whole mix-up... J&E tweeted it, so it kinda makes them look a bit naive and foolish.

Why don't they tweet about JBA being recommissioned for a 3rd season? No... instead they tweet about a call from someone who has been known to exaggerate in the past.

We're all still holding our breaths for the Big Lebowski sequel she promised... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/04/the-big-lebowski-sequel-tara-reids-fail-makes-coen-brothers-laugh_n_818547.html

...Ouch!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just say that the twins tweeted the UK tour info while all the media attention was focused on them because of Sharknado 2...

Here's the audio of the BBC interview of this morning: https://soundcloud.com/yowachan/2030805-bbc-suffolk-jedward
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just say that the twins tweeted the UK tour info while all the media attention was focused on them because of Sharknado 2...

Here's the audio of the BBC interview of this morning: https://soundcloud.com/yowachan/2030805-bbc-suffolk-jedward

I think that was just a coincidence - something that had been planned in advance along with this week's promo, rather than a clever marketing ploy.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »

Exactly.
    Go with it but don't set your heart on it.

Like Harry Potter, The Hobbit, The Baywatch movie and numerous other projects like the jungle show every year they're not on. Although that has now moved to an annual DOI rumour instead.
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And what about Jedward - The Movie???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twins have just been mentioned in a question in Only Connect!! that's something I never thought I'd be able to say ;)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent news! On their appearance on BBC Breakfast this morning, the Jeds officially announced that Jedward's Big Adventure would be renewed for a third series. And due to its popularity, it would be twice as long with 10 episodes. This is brilliant news! They seem to have really found a good niche with the series - that golden combo of entertainment and education. I can't wait to see it! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the impression I got because they've done that sort of thing before. Like, if they're on a TV show, they'll do a tweet like "I'm John, I'm Edward and together we are Jedward". It seems obvious to fans, but would make more sense if you were a person searching for those twins you just saw on TV.

It's a pretty savvy move. With media and non-fans interested in the Sharknado story, it makes sense to promote the thing they're most interested in!

And it makes me wonder - was the whole Sharknado story concocted by Tara and the Jeds as a little publicity stunt? If so, it worked! They're all over the media! :D
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so a third series of Jedward Big Adventure but no third series of Jedward´s Dream Factory? I wonder why, both shows were great for them and in JDF they could even sing/perform live on stage, so it was a great opportunity to show their music to many viewers.
    They should continue to work for /on TV , they are great on TV and after all it brings them much money which they can invest in their music/concerts and it helps that people don´t forget about them(just my opinion)

Will be interesting to see if this years RTE´s kids dreams TV show will be nominated again for a IFTA and if this year this show will win it(being a Jedward fan I hope this show will not win it without them as hosts)
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @schehera maybe 10 episodes of JBA will take longer than 5 to film and earned them more the DF.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    @schehera maybe 10 episodes of JBA will take longer than 5 to film and earned them more the DF.

for me there is nothing to say against more TV shows, especially when 1 show is in UK and the other in Ireland and when 1 show includes even their music.But I know there will be reasons for that. I love their music and I love them on TV and I hope that they can stay in showbusiness for many years.
    (Though I have only very little free-time since months and it will continue this way (real life does not allow more free time) I am still interested in them and their work&still care for them and I hope for them only the best.This thread helps me to be up -to-date with things which happen on Planet Jedward, thanks to all who post here)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »

Will be interesting to see if this years RTE´s kids dreams TV show will be nominated again for a IFTA and if this year this show will win it(being a Jedward fan I hope this show will not win it without them as hosts)

Something strange must have happened behind the scenes between RTE and Jedward. Una Healy would be a far from obvious choice to be fronting a kids TV show. It sounds like the twins walked away from the show for reasons unknown.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Links from today:
    BBC Breakfast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czV6hnzLm2k
    BBC Radio Solent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932Ktjh6XiU&feature=youtu.be&a
    Here's the video featured in a few BBC news sites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXbxvNcW38s
    Photo gallery: http://www.contactmusic.com/photo-archive/jedward_visit_the_bbc_studios_in_mediacityuk_060813_06x08x13
    (more still to come)

I think they've done a great job in these interviews. They sound focused and mature, but still energetic and enthusiastic. Also a big thank you to all the interviewers, they've been really sweet to the twins today, letting them talk and not being aggressive or anything

The Big Adventure news are brilliant, it's a perfect show for them. I wonder if we'll ever know the reasons behind the Dream Factory thing (maybe they were too expensive for RTE?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Big Adventure news are brilliant, it's a perfect show for them. I wonder if we'll ever know the reasons behind the Dream Factory thing (maybe they were too expensive for RTE?)

I wondered if RTE wanted them to project the same image as in the last two series, with spikey quiffs and crazy almost clownish outfits, and the Jedwards have decided that doesn't fit with their new more mature suave image?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the BBC Breakfast interview, agree with flyingcamel, great to see them treated with respect by the interviewers. And how nice to see the captions "John Grimes - musician" and "Edward Grimes - musician" when they were speaking. :)

Noticed that there was still the obligatory hair question but I suppose that's inevitable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm relieved to hear the news re Louis... I'm happy for J&E.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the link to the BBC Wales radio interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpnVzMTP0k&feature=youtu.be&a
    Another very nice interviewer. This one is the interview where they mention that Louis doesn't manage them anymore.
    The boys are specially charming in this one and the interviewer really gets them.

Next stop it's ITV's This morning on Thursday. Then we can expect them to go to Australia later this month, Jedward's Big Adventure in September + UK Tour. I wonder what they have scheduled for October as fans asked Susanna about a possible tour date in early october for Northern Ireland and she said they boys had a full schedule. Maybe more Big Adventure?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I wondered if RTE wanted them to project the same image as in the last two series, with spikey quiffs and crazy almost clownish outfits, and the Jedwards have decided that doesn't fit with their new more mature suave image?

That's what I was thinking. Dream Factory doesn't quite go with the newer, more mature Jed experience, whereas that does still work with Big Adventure. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was the decision of the Jeds to leave, as it would be foolish of a broadcaster to ditch the stars of a very popular TV series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another very nice interviewer. This one is the interview where they mention that Louis doesn't manage them anymore.

Very interesting! I had suspected that Louis wasn't as involved in things as he had been. Are we assuming that the management work is now being done by the Jeds and Momma Jedward?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was thinking. Dream Factory doesn't quite go with the newer, more mature Jed experience, whereas that does still work with Big Adventure. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was the decision of the Jeds to leave, as it would be foolish of a broadcaster to ditch the stars of a very popular TV series.

It had to be the twins that walked away from the show. There's no way RTE would want to replace them with Una Healy : she's nowhere near as well known in Ireland and is not a TV presenter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deal w/ Louis has been, as they say, 'Gracefully Sun-setted'.

I feel like I have been holding my breath for over one year... and, now, I have finally exhaled.

Re Dream Factory... no idea... could have been so many things... yet I doubt any of the 'issues' involved J&E.

I do appreciate Louis for taking a chance on J&E, it was so incredibly kind of him. Additionally, I admire him for realizing that it was time to bump them up to someone who can manage their career on an international level.

J&E have covered their bases... they have allowed this rather unfortunate contract to end, asked their mom to help them over the hump and are pro-actively re-branding/marketing themselves.

... and their back-ground dancers are much more sharp now, too... I was impressed by the level of improvement... they are hitting the points, now.
This discussion has been closed.