Options

Need advice please.Gp putting "cancer screen" on urine form.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mum has basically had cancer Twice.

Once in the breast and once via the womb (she had the womb removed but for some weird reason they left the Ovaries etc in)

shes been very unwell since September with pelvic pain and because the Xrays came back showing Arthritis there they assumed this was the cause of the pain..but things really went worse around Christmas we had only just moved home.

And basically very bad pain in around the Vagina the GP said thrush.but it just kept getting worse when a lady GP finally did an internal Exam she said there was loads of white nodules in the Cervic and put mum under the 10 day rule.Shes seeing the Consultant on monday..But today in the post has just destroyed us and its the main reason im posting here.

We had a new Urine sample form its clear something was picked up in the Wee test

and its written 100%

"Please retest squamous epithelial cells" Cancer Screen pls

Mum saw this and basically broke down for hours having been through cancer twice before.Am i correct in thinking this was a horrendous thing just to write on a urine form without any contact from the GP or even a proper letter etc??

I really need to take this matter further but being so close to the situation before I go Nuclear on monday that really is out of order ?

Comments

• Options
    robo2robo2 Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    Mum has basically had cancer Twice.

Once in the breast and once via the womb (she had the womb removed but for some weird reason they left the Ovaries etc in)

shes been very unwell since September with pelvic pain and because the Xrays came back showing Arthritis there they assumed this was the cause of the pain..but things really went worse around Christmas we had only just moved home.

And basically very bad pain in around the Vagina the GP said thrush.but it just kept getting worse when a lady GP finally did an internal Exam she said there was loads of white nodules in the Cervic and put mum under the 10 day rule.Shes seeing the Consultant on monday..But today in the post has just destroyed us and its the main reason im posting here.

We had a new Urine sample form its clear something was picked up in the Wee test

and its written 100%

"Please retest squamous epithelial cells" Cancer Screen pls

Mum saw this and basically broke down for hours having been through cancer twice before.Am i correct in thinking this was a horrendous thing just to write on a urine form without any contact from the GP or even a proper letter etc??

I really need to take this matter further but being so close to the situation before I go Nuclear on monday that really is out of order ?

if your mum has had cancer twice the obvious thing would be to check for cancer, cant see what you are getting worked up about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    robo2 wrote: »
    if your mum has had cancer twice the obvious thing would be to check for cancer, cant see what you are getting worked up about

no she had a first Urine test and clearly something has been pickedup.Instead of getting in touch and saying a new test is needed or something has been found

this new form was just sent out with that written on it and a letter saying a new test needed.It seems a very cold way of doing it when its a patient whos already had cancer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    If they had not put it on the form or hid it from you and your mum THEN afterwards you found out they did it without you knowledge you would be on here complaining about that !!!

Its all about being open now, blame the stupid human rights, tree huggers for that !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    But the previous poster is right - they can't test for something on the sly. Patients have to be notified. I suppose they could have delayed the testing in order to give time to notify your mother in person - but what if that resulted in more advanced illness - you wouldn't want that. This is probably the best way to ensure the test is done quickly. It sounds like they don't need her to do the second test - they're just retesting the original sample.

That doesn't rule out the possibility that they've sent the copy of the document by mistake - but these days it is usual to get copies of documents.

to be honest im really glad I posted here because I know seeing her very upset and being so close to the situation it does blur things.

I just pray it is just that a Cancer Scare.the last bought totally hammered her and the thought of that again is just horrendous.

thank you all again .
  • Options
    LilyAnna80LilyAnna80 Posts: 3,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being hard hearted here - but it is best that your mum is checked. Cancer is a horrible disease - but as long as she is getting tested - be grateful. Not being tested would be a damn sight worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    My mam has had cancer twice as well, cervical and breast and is now 70....she also has trouble in the female genital area as you describe but has been thoroughly investigated and its non cancer related but make sure your mum has all the tests like mine did.

Good luck
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Just for info thet often leave the ovaries when doing a hysterectomy so that an early menopause isn't triggered. Helps keep the hormone levels right for the patient's age I think. So it's not weird they left them in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calibra101 wrote: »
    My mam has had cancer twice as well, cervical and breast and is now 70....she also has trouble in the female genital area as you describe but has been thoroughly investigated and its non cancer related but make sure your mum has all the tests like mine did.

Good luck

thank you so much.
    Cant wait for tomorrow to be honest been up all night worried about her.:(