Cant believe Morrisons are letting him speak there..

Comments

• wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stevejk75 wrote: »
    I live in Sittingbourne.About two miles from the morrisons depot.My son has tried on numerous occasions to get a job there.They don't want hardly any british workers there.Last time when dirty Dave visited there in 2010.They only let the few british workers see and talk to dirty Dave.They kept all the foreign workers out of sight.Yes were all in it together.Of course we are,NOT.

Foreign workers are perceived as hard working, don't take "sickies" and are reliable. The only way that will change is when British people buck up their ideas and start competing.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Careful Andagha or this might happen welcome to Cameron uk style

COPS swooped on a mum who joked on Facebook about chucking an egg at David Cameron.

So wonder what would happen to me, if I went a head with a thread, about

What would you do for free prison accomodation

So you have lost everything, your job, your flat, your health has been affected, all because of the government cut backs, you basicly lost it, so what would you do to get back at the government

Now with, im not going to say whta I would do, as if the police are watching, I might find my self in trouble, aftyer all next week the grand national, and redrum isnt running in it
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Foreign workers are perceived as hard working, don't take "sickies" and are reliable. The only way that will change is when British people buck up their ideas and start competing.

I thought foreign people came for the generous benefits system we have.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats only on the immigration threads, not ones about unemployment.

They are separate worlds in the eyes of some posters, and the fact they contradict themselves over and over again is irrelevant.

I try to imagine it all as some kind of doctor who episode , same people, completely different characters, it stops my head from exploding.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That may be a factor too, alongside free health care, free education etc. However, once here they take the opportunities offered and make the most of them.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    Yes, MOST of us don't work at McDonalds

??

who are 'us'?

and why is this relevant?
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well, if all that is true, then the management there is very poor. perhaps a shake up of management and procedures is needed.

if smoking breaks turn into social gatherings for extended periods of time, then the management should take the relevant action to prevent it happening in the future.

Doesn't that take us full circle? Presumably the timed toilet breaks to which people are complaining about are the measures implemented to prevent it happening?
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats only on the immigration threads, not ones about unemployment.

They are separate worlds in the eyes of some posters, and the fact they contradict themselves over and over again is irrelevant.

I try to imagine it all as some kind of doctor who episode , same people, completely different characters, it stops my head from exploding.

That certainly seems to be the case with some posters.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Competing in a race to the bottom isn't what the British do. Immigrants might like to erode all our hard won rights but the British don't. At least not the ones who are not jealous of the unemployed.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Well they do have the two ***** Ant and Dec advertising them, why not make it three.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moonburn wrote: »
    Of all subjects a day after IDS said about the 53 pound thing Morrisons are allowing him to use that new place to carry on the attack..The guy is even using some of the slogans they have used.

:D

No they should stuff him in a freezer until his brain returns to normal. Deluded man!
  • Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Well if you are doing 12 hour shifts and you are only allowed to go to the loo once, I would imagine that is a harsh condition. There were other stipulations that my friend was told of but I can't remember them all. Oh yes one was also that you had to work over your 12hr shifts, often for another 3 hours with no pay and then expected to go in for your 12 hrs the next day. You couldn't plan a holiday as you weren't told when your day off was until literally a few hours before you were due to go to work. Basically they were taking the mickey with people. And they could get away with it because the Europeans didn't complain as they were grateful for the low wage (it was considered a high wage to them as they would get pitiful payments abroad).

The turnaround with workers there is very quick too..many people don't last that long. They either get sacked or they just leave..

Surely making people go all day particularly a long day like 12 hours with just one toilet visit is inhumane isn’t it? You wouldn’t do that to a animal so why a person?

Also doing the other things like forcing people to work unpaid or even paid, outside their contractual hours is more than wrong it sounds illegal?

The holiday thing just sounds like incompetence they need more/better HR training?

All in all Morrisons are not looking very good from this bit of free publicity?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect George was putting in an early application for a job there in May 2015 ;)
  • TLcs44TLcs44 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Ah! Yet another IDS thread.

WE are all in it together, so be happy don't cry
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    However, Mr Osborne said: "For too long, we've had a system where people who did the right thing - who get up in the morning and work hard - felt penalised for it, while people who did the wrong thing got rewarded for it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21998784

That is a bit rich for a rich, spoiled trust fund brat who's never had a job in the real world to say the above. It's also not true either.

For example, there are plenty of working people in social housing who are going out to work to make a living and who are very willing to trade down to a smaller dwelling to avoid the bedroom tax. However, because of the shortage of one and two bedroom housing units, these good people cannot downsize and they will still be punished by the bedroom tax as if they had refused to comply. That is certainly not fair.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect George was putting in an early application for a job there in May 2015 ;)
    Doing workfare I presume?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Doing workfare I presume?

Noooo...managing the new wallpaper department ;)
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    I have been at events that politicans have spoken to employees of an organisation before and basically if you are an employee you are made to go. They are so stage managed and faked. No one wants to give up their evening to meet some moralising crusty talk about how good they are. The worst one I attended was the one David Lammy spoke at. He is up his own arse.
  • TLcs44TLcs44 Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    I have been at events that politicans have spoken to employees of an organisation before and basically if you are an employee you are made to go. They are so stage managed and faked. No one wants to give up their evening to meet some moralising crusty talk about how good they are. The worst one I attended was the one David Lammy spoke at. He is up his own arse.

David Lammy and Gideon should have a drink on me, a tax payer.
    All of them are up there own arse and maybe after a tax payer's drink who knows?
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Net Nut wrote: »
    All in all Morrisons are not looking very good from this bit of free publicity?

I wonder how many of the morrisons employees were hand picked, and how many were brought in from other stores, ones that could be trusted

If that was me next to osbourne, I would be asking him, why Im I £400 worst of per month, with the removal of my tax credits

Tax credit which I was getting was for health reason, to allow me to work less hours, I now work around 50 hr per week, sometime 60 just to make sure the bills get paid, and as of now I dont care if I end up seriously ill

And then there the WTD, luckily my manager has listened to me, and allows me to opt out, but had she decided, I could only work 40 hr per week, I would not be able to live on a decent weage, and pay the bills at the same time

If power companies, and food prices keep going up, and employers start to give us less of a payrise, and interest rates go up, in a few years everyone might have to work even more hours, and I could see us having to work 70 plus to get buy

My current hourly rate is £6.63, if we get 1% rise every year, in 10 yrs that mean I get around £7.40, which equal to 7p pay rise per year, which is what argos are preposing to do
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Mr Osborne was asked by an ITV journalist after his speech to the Morrisons workers if he too could survive on £53 a week. The Chancellor replied: "I don't think it's about sensible to reduce this debate to one individual's state of circumstances [/QUOTE]

Yeah seen this and was ready to dive into the TV and grab the bullington tosspot by his scrawny neck. Also noticed the big empty warehouse , nobody working at all. Maybe they are all on workfare and wanted nothing to do with his lies and spin.

Morrisons ...**** of I will never , ever shop in a shop of yours again.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this the bad language thread?

Can't people express themselves without resorting to it?
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Osborne was asked by an ITV journalist after his speech to the Morrisons workers if he too could survive on £53 a week. The Chancellor replied: "I don't think it's about sensible to reduce this debate to one individual's state of circumstances
    Yeah seen this and was ready to dive into the TV and grab the bullington tosspot by his scrawny neck. Also noticed the big empty warehouse , nobody working at all. Maybe they are all on workfare and wanted nothing to do with his lies and spin.

Morrisons ...**** of I will never , ever shop in a shop of yours again.

Right. Because censoring - sorry, silencing Osborne is the way democracy should work.

(Where IS that sodding facepalm icon? It's not as if thousands haven't already asked for it)
  • thmsthms Posts: 61,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

On the other hand..

This article is from August 2011 but still relevant..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026186/English-workers-number-paid-public-holidays.html

English are 'hardest working nation in Europe' and take the fewest paid and public holidays

Continues..

As well as having fewer Bank Holidays, Britons also work the longest hours in Europe, with the latest figures suggesting employees have put in more than £23 billion of unpaid overtime this year.

Around five million people work an average of seven hours 24 minutes without pay every week, worth £4,500 a year in extra pay, according to the TUC.

The union centre claims 1.5 million managers are working unpaid overtime worth £9,000 a year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    I hate to admit it but Osbourne is just down the road from me in Sittingbourne, in the new Morrisons warehouse place. I'm wondering if he has managed to find anyone that speaks english as the majority of the workers are Lithuanian or other nationality. Yes I do know this as a friend quit there due to the harsh conditions, you are timed going to the loo etc..

I have read that another large supermarket now does the same. Their employees wear an armband that times them when they work, go to the loo or having a break.