Insidious on Saturday channel 4 at 9 oclock

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
I had the dvd out, so will record it when its on..Or probably watch it for that matter :eek: i forgot what happens

Comments

• lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This film is a major disappointment
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought this on BluRay when it first came out, and I still haven't watched it ! :D
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get the praise for this film at all.

It's comical at certain points. The scene where the old woman screams in the child's face had me howling.

Awful, awful film.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the first half really scary. Second half was a load of big hairy balls.
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might save it for Halloween!
  • intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    I found the first half really scary. Second half was a load of big hairy balls.

This. Had exactly the same thing with Sinister the other day: great first half, really frightening, then comes the supernatural stuff and it's a huge letdown.
  • ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts off well but then just descends in to a laughable mess.

Saying that, I will probably tune in and watch it again (even though I have it on DVD).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Agree Sinister is the better of the two films, but both descend into a pathetic mess in the second half, to be fair to sinister it manages to hold the tension slightly longer and better than insidious.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A film from 1991 according to C4 :D
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Lol!

I think I have seen it, but I really can't remember, I'll watch it I think, if its pants I'll try watching Under the Dome again, depends if I have a few beers!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    The sequel is released soon, i think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    The sequel is released soon, i think.

Next week.

Btw - Insidious is a fantastic film.
  • Pob-BundyPob-Bundy Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ending was great, I didn't find it scary in the slightest however just interesting. I admire James Wan and Leigh Whannell too, their hearts are in the right place so any success they have is well deserved.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Absolutely adore this film, it really scared me.

The sequel is getting good reviews already too!
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to defend Insidious! I thought it was a really good horror film! Great concept and it played out well!

I didn't see the second half coming, but I did enjoy it all the same! I found it eerie and unsettling!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    highly over rated.

Seen the trailer for number two at the cinema..and the whole place erupted with laughter whe the bald guy appears and shouts "HE'S GOT YOUR BABY!"
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first half was brilliant and probably one of the best films I've seen. It became comical and a let down when the Darth Maul lookalike pops up behind the woman, and then the ghost busters turn up.

Chilling ending with the photograph though, but it seems from the trailer that the second film disregards all of that and carries on with the comical bit again. I think I'll wait for reviews etc before deciding if to watch it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to watching this later :D
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see what's wrong with the second half personally. An all round great horror movie.
    Forum Member
    i just watched it now, and rather scared..seen it before on dvd but i think it does need more than one watch as it makes more sense lol...can't wait for the sequel to come on dvd :eek:
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recorded it and its pish..
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen it before and watched last night, really looking forward to the sequel now
    Forum Member
    bit of a spoiler for people not seen it but
    where was the jokey advert for Saw 8..? I didn't see it, and never saw it first time round :confused:
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Excellent film. One of the best horrors of the last few years, in my opinion.