Will any of the current bottom 3 in the premier league escape

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Late in the day now, you have to say Fulham are gone, Cardiff unless they beat Palace at home next week probably gone as well.

Sunderland games in hand must win tomorrow, always better to have points on board when near the bottom.

There is a usually a team in April finds form and gets out of it,

I have a feeling this bottom three may stay there though

Comments

• rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fulham, Cardiff and West brom for me to go down.

Sunderland i feel have the ability to pick up points but then again with gus in charge you never know.
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously Fulham are in a seriously bad position.

However, they have got what look on paper to be some very winnable home games left.

Sunderland have got a tough set of fixtures,
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhynoGB wrote: »
    Fulham, Cardiff and West brom for me to go down.

Sunderland i feel have the ability to pick up points but then again with gus in charge you never know.

No.

Sunderland were gone already even before tonights defeat to WH. Their home form against the lower teams is terrible and they play Spurs, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd in their remaining away matches.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I think Sunderland will go down now. They have games with Chelsea and other top teams, which is going to be tough for them. Can Sunderland really beat the likes of Chelsea, Man UTD, Man City and Spurs? Strange things can happen with results, but I do think Sunderland are going to be relegated, considering a loss of recent games.

Gus Poyet seems just as clueless as Alan Pardew with his tactics:D Where do these clubs get these managers?:o
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I saw a stat that in the last ten years at this stage of the season 23/30 teams that were in the relegation zone have ended up going down, so the odds are not in their favour.

Think all 3 are gone. Sunderland have games in hand but could very easily not get a point in April looking at their fixtures.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Palace will be grateful they never gave up on bringing in Pulis as Manager.
    Forum Member

Yep, he seems to have done well for Palace. I do not see Crystal Palace being relegated now. Fair play to Crystal Palce. I am not a fan of them, but they played a lot better than Chelsea and deserve to stay up.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hopefully cardiff and sunderland go down.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Definitely. If he keeps them up then he has to be a candidate for Manager of the Year. Goes to show that getting someone in who already knows the league, or sticking with them in West Ham's case, can work.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony and Big Sam, maybe not be the greatest of managers, but they are the type of managers you would feel safe with, I hope Sunderland do stay up as I like Gus.
    Forum Member
    Tony and Big Sam, maybe not be the greatest of managers, but they are the type of managers you would feel safe with, I hope Sunderland do stay up as I like Gus.

The manager did not do any favours though, keeping his best player on the bench last night. Sunderland may have had a better chance, if they started that Adam Johnson, instead of Cattermole. Why leave your best player on the bench, who can score goals? Gus Poyet needs to get his tactics right, because he got them wrong last night. The manager needs to take some responsibility for Sunderland losing last night. I do not like Sunderland at all, but I feel bad for fans. It isn't nice for your team to face relegation. If they do get relegated, I think a lot of premiership clubs will try to buy Adam Johnson.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Sunderland will stay up, but there glimmer of hope is that West Brom have 3 tough matches coming up which they might get 0 pts from. (Norwich and Man City away, Spurs at home).

So even if Sunderland lose at Spurs and Man City, if they beat Everton at home then they could only be 1 point behind West Brom and still have them to play at home. They aren't likely to beat Everton, but they've already beat them 0-1 away this season so that should provide added belief.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the BBC Premier League predictor where you can enter various results for the remaining games and see how it affects the table?
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What happened to the BBC Premier League predictor where you can enter various results for the remaining games and see how it affects the table?

Good point, BBC should have put it up by now

Sunderland are probably gone but West Brom are equally crap so who knows what can happen
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite interesting this year. Last time, QPR and Reading were abject and bagsied the bottom two spots from a long way out. All of the bottom teams have occasionally played a good game and give the impression they could win a few games if they pull their finger out. Be surprised if at least two of the relegations places aren't decided on the last day.
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think they scrapped it when they revamped the website.

You can use this one, though...

http://www.the-mustard.com/predictor_traditional.html
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bottom 3 as it is will all go down.
  • seelleeseellee Posts: 10,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Sunderland stay up, I like their supporters and I like their club.

Also people commenting on Gus Poyet have got to remember where they were when he took over, rock bottom of the league and hadn't won a single game.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    I work with quite a few Sunderland fans and they are all resigned to relegation now, Fulham are gone too IMO, the final place is between West Brom and Cardiff I reckon
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »

Also people commenting on Gus Poyet have got to remember where they were when he took over, rock bottom of the league and hadn't won a single game.

Surely you cannot deny him getting it wrong on Monday? Not starting his best player?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    seellee wrote: »

...it was always gonna end in tears getting to the league cup final...
  • mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when people say that teams are distracted by a cup runto help explain poor league form.

Doesn't xplain why your West Broms, Cardiffs and Fulhams have struggled. They haven't had a good cup run this season.
    Indeed arguably a bad cup defeat against Hull in the FA Cup quarters when Gus Poyet rested most of his team has led to this bad league run.

Sunderland just don;t score enough goals. And they were very poor against us really. Just like we were piss poor against Swansea
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,994
    Forum Member
    Interesting article regarding Sunderland:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596295/Sunderland-rocked-emerges-North-East-club-fielded-Ji-ineligible.html#ixzz2xqpIws83

Played an illegible player for 4 games but only got fined.

IF they stay up can see a lot of fuss being created.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Mark F wrote: »
    Is this going to be the nail in Sunderland's coffin?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2596295/Sunderland-rocked-emerges-North-East-club-fielded-Ji-ineligible.html

I wonder if any investigation will be concluded by the end of the season...

already fined according to the article, doubt there will be any further sanction
  • Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    What the hell has happened to West Brom. Top half finish last season now almost in relegation.

Is the only reason Lakuku going?