Options

Asteroid to hit earth in September, we are all gonna die!

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
Well so say the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1813936/asteroid-impact-apocalypse-2015-mass-anxiety-as-conspiracy-theorists-predict-catastrophe/

24 September 2015 apparently doesn't say if that is New Zealand time or American time so be prepared for an early demise or to sit there and go "told you it was a load of......"

Comments

• Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Rev. Efrain Rodriguez...claimed he had received a message from God that an asteroid...was approaching."

That's all we need to know. Stand down, DS
  • Options
    FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've said 23-24 September. I presume either they're not entirely sure (maybe God hasn't figured out properly yet) or theres an allowance for timezones.

May have to start visiting the doomsdayer forums again, they were brilliant leading up to the last end of the world
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's always good to know when you're going to die, now's the time to just spend all your money and just have fun, fun, fun ;):D
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    skazza wrote: »
    "Rev. Efrain Rodriguez...claimed he had received a message from God that an asteroid...was approaching."

AFAIK, Kate Bush has never spoken to the man. :D
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Well so say the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1813936/asteroid-impact-apocalypse-2015-mass-anxiety-as-conspiracy-theorists-predict-catastrophe/

24 September 2015 apparently doesn't say if that is New Zealand time or American time so be prepared for an early demise or to sit there and go "told you it was a load of......"

America has 6 timezones. I need to know which one it's due in so I can prepare.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have been saying the world is going to end by so and so date for hundreds of years and we're still here. Wasn't there a group of people in the 19th century who decided the world was going to end so they all sat on a mountainside someplace waiting and when it didn't they all had to come down again looking like idiots?
  • Options
    FIN-MANFIN-MAN Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scary thing is that now with the internet these nut jobs can find each other and inflame the hysteria. The swarm will continue to grow among the gullible and naive.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skazza wrote: »

That's all we need to know. Stand down, DS

I'm not going to start panicking until SULLA confirms this, as he talks to God all the time. Maybe he already knows but is having to keep it confidential. :o:D
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one day, the doomsayers will be right!
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They'll never get the praise for it though as we will all be dead :D
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Go on God; prove Stephen Fry wrong and use the asteroid to wipe out ISIS.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That should cheer up all the misery guts on the "ridding the world of humans" thread.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    At least I've got my holidays booked for May this year, so I'll still get that in. Swings and roundabouts etc.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Good Lord..... it's not a Daily Express link.......... :D
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't everyone just move to the opposite side of the Earth to where the asteroid is going to hit?
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why?..
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've already started stocking up on bread, milk and petrol, to get ahead of the inevitable mayhem when people start panic buying.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Can't everyone just move to the opposite side of the Earth to where the asteroid is going to hit?

That’s a good idea and everyone would be saved; .....:)

.....however the extra weight on one side would pitch the Earth from of its usual orbit and we’d spiral out of control straight toward the centre of the Sun..........fact!
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bri160356 wrote: »

.....however the extra weight on one side would pitch the Earth from of its usual orbit and we’d spiral out of control straight toward the centre of the Sun..........fact!

We could combat that by all jumping in the air at exactly the same time. Double fact!
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least that's the problems in the Middle East sorted then!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,794
    Forum Member
    I'm going to take out as many loans as I can, quit all my obligations and party until the world ends.
  • Options
    Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,498
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »

Well, not really, even the largest asteroid (Ceres) is only 0.015% of the earth's mass. Compared to a 13 stone man, that's about the weight of a AAA battery.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep and I’ve already got the T shirt with “I told you so” written on it.;-)

Anyway let’s hope our last summer is a good one.:D
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,314
    Forum Member
    Bye bitches!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased I read this thread. I was about to book a holiday in October. Instead I'm going to quit my job this afternoon and make sure that I spend all of my money before the big rock hits.