George Clooney's marriage - biggest PR stunt ever.

SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
Forum Member
✭✭
Sorry, but having looked at so many of the papped-pics of the 'happy' couple I have never seen a man less passionate and so business-like about a marriage since Tom Cruise married Katie.

He looks more like he is posing with a movie co-star rather than a man hopelessly in love with the woman he is planning to spend the rest of his life with. She looks happy enough though but I think she is going to be let down big time.

I just don't see the passion guys!!!

Comments

• nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked like she was glowing in the red dress. Her mother looked like she'd won the lottery.

I'm hoping it's real. I bet there's a hell of a prenup in place!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Why should they look passionate whilst walking down the street with tons if paps in their face?
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't be doing with it
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they look great and genuinely happy. What a setting for a wedding, looks like a Cary Grant film.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    Why should they look passionate whilst walking down the street with tons if paps in their face?

Because he chose to walk down the street with her with tons of paps in their face....if the passion's there it's there. "Look guys, I'm getting maarreeeed!!!"

It's not.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »
    I thought she looked like she was glowing in the red dress. Her mother looked like she'd won the lottery.

She's a stunner that's for sure but you'd get very short odds on betting there's a prenup in place ;-)

I'm thinking he wants a kid and he will get one and then it will go pearshaped.

They go together like cheese and custard.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn. Why so cynical?

They both seem happy and I wish them well :)
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    Because he chose to walk down the street with her with tons of paps in their face....if the passion's there it's there. "Look guys, I'm getting maarreeeed!!!"

It's not.

:confused:

He's constantly followed. It's not like he has an option and he's probably not in a very good mood when lots of people are constantly flashing cameras in his face. Passionate couples cannot be passionate 24/7 and not every couple in passionate.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,377
    Forum Member
    He knew there would be massive media interest.

No point trying to hide from it. Better to open it up and try to control it, which looks to have succeeded.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member

No point trying to hide from it. Better to open it up and try to control it, which looks to have succeeded.

This!

Let him enjoy his day with new wife :)
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God he's aged, can't believe he's only 53:o She's not much of a looker though is she? Thought Gorgeous George could have done a lot better than her, well that is if it's genuine of course..........oh silly me, course it's not!
    Forum Member
    evie71 wrote: »
    God he's aged, can't believe he's only 53:o She's not much of a looker though is she? Thought Gorgeous George could have done a lot better than her, well that is if it's genuine of course..........oh silly me, course it's not!

What a pointlessly nasty comment.
  • Ben_Fisher1Ben_Fisher1 Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally i don't care if it's genuine or not. But if I was her I'd be gutted I wasn't getting him in his prime when he looked really good. :D
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only woman on the planet who doesn't think he's fanciable.....at all ?
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nitenurse wrote: »

No doubt it will be the unbreakable massey pre-nup.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »

No, you're not alone.

I'd fancy Sid James before I fancied George Clooney.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »

If she were an actress or model this might be an understandable attitude but she's a very serious human rights barrister, who is frequently works for the UN . Why on earth would she want to enter into a fake relationship, that is going to distract from her work and her life & has already caused her family a lot of grief?
  • lexemelexeme Posts: 227
    Forum Member

Poppycock. Brad and Angelina managed a low profile as did Katy Perry and Russel Brand (can't think of any other high profile marriages right now) but it doesn't have to be a media circus at all. He's the Simon Cowell of Hollywood.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Nope. I've never got the fuss over him. The only film I found him semi-attractive in was From Dusk Til Dawn.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get a scent of Lavender
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always wonder with these big celeb wedding events if they are actually really good friends with all the famous people they invite or whether it's for show ?
    Cindy Crawford looks absolutely amazing as always.

Anyway, all the best to the happy couple.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she were an actress or model this might be an understandable attitude but she's a very serious human rights barrister, who is frequently works for the UN . Why on earth would she want to enter into a fake relationship, that is going to distract from her work and her life & has already caused her family a lot of grief?

George entering Politics in US. I suppose being first lady might make it worthwhile. If Ronald Raygun did it then George can certainly give it a go.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They're sold piccies to Vogue and UK magazine for mega bucks. All monies to charity. Better to give paps some pics as they will use long lens etc anyway.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    I just don't see the passion guys!!!

Find me five random wedding pictures were the couples are "showing passion". What exactly do you expect ?. Both of them standing there groping each other ?
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    I do think it's a PR stunt. I've always thought he swings both ways but is mostly in love with himself. What i don't get is why now?