Feeling sorry for myself...

elenaelena Posts: 14,359
Forum Member
✭✭
Don't you just hate that feeling when you're just miserable and you're trying to do everything you can not to be and it just doesn't help? :(

It's been a pretty stressful few months. My marriage broke down earlier this year and it's essentially been downhill since then. My dad died a month ago and I had to go through all the stress of funeral arrangements as well as searching for new houses, etc. And with the housing market as it is it's proving really difficult. Usually at times of crisis I'd turn to my brother, because we're very close, but he has a new partner in Australia now and spends most of his time out there so I barely see him at the moment.

And my friends, bless them, are being really supportive but unfortunately (as always happens) the breakdown in my relationship has coincided with all of them getting married/engaged/new partners and, try as they might to include you, you can't help feeling like a bit of an outsider. :o

Sorry for typing all that, it's just been really stressful and I'm a little bit negative about life at the moment! I wondered if anyone else on here had any tips for dealing with the 'lows' that life throws at you from time to time and what you did to shake them off? Because at the moment nothing seems to be working!

Comments

• jojo01jojo01 Posts: 12,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear of your stressful time.

Unfortunately, life sometimes chucks all the bad things at us all in one go just to see how well we can juggle.

I tend to do one of two things during a low - I either completely throw myself into work, or go into hibernation! Unfortunately though, sometimes neither works and it's just a matter of waiting for it to pass.

To be honest, I don't really have any advice. Just make sure you spend some time occasionally doing things you really want to do (as opposed to 'need to do' or are 'obliged to do'), be it curling up with a good book, hitting the shops or whatever.

:)