Options

Cowell 'wants Eminem as X Factor judge'

KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Simon Cowell has apparently responded to Eminem's recent declaration that he would make a good X Factor judge.

Cowell reportedly revealed that he is already close to the rapper, who he calls 'Em', and would be delighted to have him on the show.

"It would be great to have him on as a guest judge," he told the Daily Star. "Em - I call him that because we are on first name terms - the job is yours."

Eminem previously claimed that he had an eye for spotting up-and-coming talent, saying that the X Factor judges needed to be "global, platinum-selling stars" for the programme to have credibility.

Daily Star?! Sounds like Simpson didn't actually watch X Factor, this was said on air, not to the Daily Star! Their article just made it sound like it.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God Almighty,if Eminem does join,even as a guest judge, I'm afraid that's it for me. I can't take much more of them mucking about with the show.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DS just copies articles from the tabloids and rewrites them, usually with very misleading titles
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Simon said this on Xtra Factor with Holly on Saturday.
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I'd rather have Roland Rat. Or Roly, as Simon no doubt calls him.
  • Options
    Michelle12Michelle12 Posts: 3,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Simon is serious about it or if it is 'all talk'. I think Eminem would cut into his budget for sure. :p I always thought the X factor was about pop music.... eminem is more hip hop. Rap and pop are very different... eminem could do better with his own show. I can't imagine eminem warming to the cheesy wanabee popstars and commenting on their vocals :p It's just me, right?
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have Claudia Winkelman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Aw wow, i hope simon makes eminem a judge that would be amazing!