VERY simple slideshow to DVD software?

I'm looking for some kind of freeware to create a photo slideshow and burn it to a DVD. However please bare in mind that I'm going to be teaching a 75 year old lady how to do this. She's not necessarily bad with a computer, she just likes things simple.

I'm not looking for Adobe Premier Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio here, something much much more simple. Maybe to have the option to add text and music but with a simple GUI.

She has a nice Sony Vaio with Windows 7 and nice specifications. However I think that Windows Live Movie Maker may be a bit complicated and I'm not sure if there's a Burn to DVD option without needing 3rd party software.

Preferably I'd like some kind of Freeware but I'd be willing to pay up to £15 if I need to pay.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't get much simpler than Windows DVD Maker. Drag files to box, click next, click burn, job done and its free.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    Thanks, in the end I ended up using Windows DVD Maker. I've been teaching this lady (my aunt) how to use the computer for 6 years now but she's getting more forgetful everytime. I understand it may be her age. She decided she wanted to make Photo Slideshow DVD's to give to family as gifts.

Lesson one didn't go to well, it was a case my me writing down what to click step by step. I just told her how to import photos to the program, add one tradition effect for all and use all the default DVD Menus settings before burning.

Went well in the end, as in she managed to burn a DVD following my guide. Gotten a few phonecalls since but I'm hoping she'll remember this once she's learned how to do it.
  • NasalhairNasalhair Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same question from me, but this time...

Can anyone recommend a simple, free slideshow maker that allows the slideshow to be burned to DVD, but this time on a PC running Windows XP? It's essential that the DVD produced will play on a DVD player.