Options

Lana del Rey Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    It great the EP is doing well on Itunes USA and Video Games is #14 on our itunes! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "Don't you know we'd die for it, it's our cause" really gets me in This Is What Makes Us Girls, it's one of the stand out lines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it's a curse* :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i love that line too.

I do absolutely love it when she mixes her range up a lot. Lighter tones and then WHAM darker tones to her vocal....very very eerie and powerful!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah i love that line too.

I do absolutely love it when she mixes her range up a lot. Lighter tones and then WHAM darker tones to her vocal....very very eerie and powerful!

I know yes, her voice seems to cover a good range :)

Then I'm off to races...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born To Die gives me that "i should be crying now, but i am so happy" kinda vibe about it. When i see the video and when i hear the song its like so deep...you feel both the tragic sadness of the song but the delivery is kinda blissful and soft with it...it works both aspects for me.

I cannot choose a favourite. I think Off To The Races, What Makes Us girls and Blue Jeans tie with Born To Die just behind and Video games just behind that by what i have heard alone....but they are all EPIC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Born To Die is easily my favourite so far just love it, exspecially the backing vocals that keep saying "louder" for some reason it fits so well. I think Summertime Sadness might eclipse it though when I hear the album version it sounds really good live.

Off To The Races and What Makes Us Girls just arn't clicking for me yet they might grow on me when the album comes hopefully.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born To Die gives me that "i should be crying now, but i am so happy" kinda vibe about it. When i see the video and when i hear the song its like so deep...you feel both the tragic sadness of the song but the delivery is kinda blissful and soft with it...it works both aspects for me.

I cannot choose a favourite. I think Off To The Races, What Makes Us girls and Blue Jeans tie with Born To Die just behind and Video games just behind that by what i have heard alone....but they are all EPIC!

The video is fantastic and for her first arguably proper music video, I love the bit where she's sat on her throne in the palace but I admit I find the scene where she's dying in her lover's arms a bit disturbing...but of course that's the point of the song ;)

My favorite is What Makes Us Girls now, it has summer 2012 written all over it and it's only January :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it oes have a Summer 2012 feel behind it...euphoric and soft and anthemic! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJames99 wrote: »
    Born To Die is easily my favourite so far just love it, exspecially the backing vocals that keep saying "louder" for some reason it fits so well. I think Summertime Sadness might eclipse it though when I hear the album version it sounds really good live.

Off To The Races and What Makes Us Girls just arn't clicking for me yet they might grow on me when the album comes hopefully.

I know..whatt.....who me?? At the start :D

And keep listening I'm sure it'll click for you, I've had my fair share of them, I didn't like Judas when it first came out but I like it now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah it oes have a Summer 2012 feel behind it...euphoric and soft and anthemic! :)

Yeah one of them lying out on the lawn in the sun types or going for a sunset walk :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote:
    I know..whatt.....who me?? At the start :D

And keep listening I'm sure it'll click for you, I've had my fair share of them, I didn't like Judas when it first came out but I like it now

lol love it.

I'll keep listening I can hate a song for months and then one day love it.
    I'll probably be posting hear in about six months raving about how good they are. You can remind you told me so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So I saw an interview of her on youtube, she said the place she likes to chill is in Glasgow because she has friends there :)
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Lana's EP is up to #5 on US iTunes! And SNL still to come!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Lana's EP is up to #5 on US iTunes! And SNL still to come!

It would be fantastic if it went top 10 or even better top 5 :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a359751/lana-del-rey-i-cant-get-used-to-fame.html If she came to Liverpool she'd be getting a bit more than a wave off me ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Her EP is up to #4 on US iTunes! I've read that it will be BB200 eligible but not sure myself...

PS Gotta love how she replies to fans

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1441/skrmbillede20120111kl08.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Her EP is up to #4 on US iTunes! I've read that it will be BB200 eligible but not sure myself...

PS Gotta love how she replies to fans

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1441/skrmbillede20120111kl08.png

Nice to see Americans are backing Lana, how has she fared in the Billboard 100 today?

N'awww she could have written a bit more but that's really sweet :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a real sweet decent lady! Definitely...i love this replying stuff....like no matter how famous she gets....she will still blog! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is a real sweet decent lady! Definitely...i love this replying stuff....like no matter how famous she gets....she will still blog! :D

I hope so anyway! Don't give into the world of VEVO and branding Lana! Run away from the light!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lana is nominated for International Breakthrough Act at the BRITS as are Foster the People :D
  • Options
    RIPfatpatRIPfatpat Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Lana is very talented :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RIPfatpat wrote: »
    Lana is very talented :)

She is! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lana Meets Paz De La Huerta :D (drunk starlet in Video Games video!). She seems so relaxed and happy here, not at all guarded like she has been in some interviews!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajTPsRj7-gw
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just pre-ordered Born To Die (Deluxe Version) itunes finally put it up! :D