Options

Is ASHLEY The Invisible Man ? - Will His Strictly Journey End In Tears Or Triumph ?

TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
Forum Member
✭✭
Is ASHLEY The Invisible Man ? - Will His Strictly Journey End In Tears Or Triumph ?

We are a third into Strictly Come Dancing and this is the first week that I have noticed that Ashley is on the show!

Does anyone else think that there is something a bit anonymous about him? he certainly hasn't lit my fire yet.

Should these boy band types actually be allowed on Strictly Come Dancing as their massive following is an obvious advantage and will get them into the final every time.

What do you think about Ashley, an exciting guy or just plain boring ?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was interesting to see Ashley and Ola on It Takes Two tonight, whilst we know a lot about Ola it was good to hear something about Ashley a change, the toothy smile was a bit disconcerting but other than that he seems like an ok guy and it was great to see a photo of his baby 'Mason' on the show tonight, he is so cute.

Does anyone have any ideas how Ashley can become less invisible on Strictly Come Dancing, please do share if you have ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone please explain to me why Ashley has been so invisible until tonight ?

This is the first of his dances that has made any impact on the show, I just don't understand it, can anyone fill me in please ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    he isn't "invisible" at all... infact I tip him to be in the final and I think he is a potential winner in my eyes. The bookies are making him 4th favourite and last man standing! :D
  • Options
    Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevey98 wrote: »
    he isn't "invisible" at all... infact I tip him to be in the final and I think he is a potential winner in my eyes. The bookies are making him 4th favourite and last man standing! :D

I think he is a cert for the final. He is actually improving and taking on board comments despite his busy schedule. And to me that makes better Strictly viewing because its about improvement and growth and i prefer that when watching these types of shows
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not been invisible to me - consistently improving - posture problems.

He gave it some tonight and I loved it.

Him and Patrick are the only males in the competition.
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is improving each week and has a real chance if he keeps it up ;)
  • Options
    LordsallyLordsally Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumped
  • Options
    daisyflower2012daisyflower2012 Posts: 6,020
    Forum Member
    His was the only performance I really enjoyed last night! Very much underrated by the judges, imo! But he's one of the few going forward instead of backward, so is a perfect J*****y candidate so popular in these types of shows.
  • Options
    hooliganharrishooliganharris Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    He was my favourite performance last night. Also, check back his American Smooth with Ola, I think week 2, sheer style and pazzazz, real Fred and Ginger moments and looks great in the tails. I enjoyed his Tango last week. I would say not overlooked except by the judges overpraising Ben and his physique over Patrick/Ashley who both have great ability and personality (which except for Sophie's Charleston isn't happening with the ladies). Ashley really led his partner and has for weeks which is said to be harder (Sophie was rather dragged along last night as a comparison). Loving Patrick and Ashley's work.
  • Options
    RosegrowerRosegrower Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I think you have a point Terry. He is pleasant enough but I find him forgettable I'm afraid - as I said on another thread when I try to count up the contestants he is the one I can't remember.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ashley can't be that invisible, because he must be getting plenty of votes, he hasn't been in the dance off at all. He's certainly not invisible to me anyway, because him and Patrick are the two male contestants I'm always looking forward to watching each week, because they are by far the best.

I don't watch Hollyoaks, so I didn't know who he was before Strictly, but I find him very likeable and he's an excellent dancer, so I hope he stays in for a good while yet.
  • Options
    boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was popular until I discovered that Ashley's semi-topless samba in Love Week had 10k less views on YT than Ben's fully-clothed rumba in the same week :eek:
  • Options
    StrictlyDowntonStrictlyDownton Posts: 1,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    I thought he was popular until I discovered that Ashley's semi-topless samba in Love Week had 10k less views on YT than Ben's fully-clothed rumba in the same week :eek:

I did like Ashley's Samba but as a female I found the semi-topless thing to be very distracting and actually off-putting which is why I'm semi-comfortable with only watching his samba the once.

I would watch Ben's Rumba again though but again his Paso is a big miss for me.

Not sure many would agree with me but then again it may be a preference thing.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the limited amount of time he has to train, and that he has work up North (as does Susannah, though maybe not as many days/hours?) it's a shame he and Ola have this to contend with. His progress might have been even faster and more dramatic. He does not have Patrick's natural rhythm, I don't think, so he's got another challenge there.

I like him and hope he finishes strong in the comp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »

Topless is not the way to go especially if you are already an invisible celebrity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think that Ashley can make any kind of impact on the show tonight ?

Or is he going to remain like The Invisible Man ?

Ashley can't have many fans, because few have come forward yet to dispel this cloak of invisibility myth.of his.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really bore this forum senseless :yawn:^^^^^^^^^
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    Well tonight's the first time I've felt like voting for him; that routine was great and he danced it well. Not at all invisible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well tonight's the first time I've felt like voting for him; that routine was great and he danced it well. Not at all invisible.

That's a good sign dippy, if you have felt like voting for Ashley last night others are bound to follow, Ashley could be a slow burner on Strictly who is about to burst into life and take us all by surprise, I wonder if all the girls could take him in hand and help him to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    That's a good sign dippy, if you have felt like voting for Ashley last night others are bound to follow, Ashley could be a slow burner on Strictly who is about to burst into life and take us all by surprise, I wonder if all the girls could take him in hand and help him to win.

BIB I hope this is the case.

I don't think the girls vote will help him to win tbh as he's now slightly out of that demographic.

I think if I were a neutral I'd be team Patrick or team Ashley by this point. We're at a point now where neutrals from the beginning are probably starting to pick their favourites.

If it were based on last week I think many would be on Patrick's side but based on last night's performance people might be more on Ashley's side.

I'd love at this point to see Ashley and Patrick do the same dance on the same night - possible choices are an AT or Rumba - any others?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really bore this forum senseless :yawn:^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps you would care to shine with an Ashley contribution if I am unable to do it for you ?
  • Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    He must be invisible as I only have eyes for Ola when he's on.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one of the people I look forward to watching each week, he's improved massively from his Cha Cha in week 1 and doesn't get enough credit at all.

I've enjoyed his last two dances in particular and his American Smooth in week 2 was fab too. So no I don't think he's invisible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's one of the people I look forward to watching each week, he's improved massively from his Cha Cha in week 1 and doesn't get enough credit at all.

I've enjoyed his last two dances in particular and his American Smooth in week 2 was fab too. So no I don't think he's invisible.

BIB agreed - I've stated in other threads that there's always one contestant at least every year (last year there were two and both made the final and one won so don't fear) who has to earn their rightful marks rather than get marks which they don't deserve at all. It's really annoying because IMO Ashley (nearly typed Darren then - his character in Hollyoaks) deserved a 10 also if Abbey did for a QS full of gapping
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    I don't normally do conspiracy theories but it occurs to me they may be building him to be the underdog for the final...

as much as I love Patrick and his timing , Ashley has so much more grace on the dance floor.