Options

*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicki wore a dress made of toys
    Katy wore a cube on her head

Gaga did all those things 2 years ago

Wish people will shut up about her being "worn out" when Y&I becomes a massive hit.
    Actually maybe after she releases Marry The Night and the album sells over 5 million and she announces tour dates...
  • Options
    x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    x_bibs93_x wrote: »
    Nicki wore a dress made of toys
    Katy wore a cube on her head

Gaga did all those things 2 years ago

Wish people will shut up about her being "worn out" when Y&I becomes a massive hit.
    Actually maybe after she releases Marry The Night and the album sells over 5 million and she announces tour dates...

Well said hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    cherbrinkleyfancherbrinkleyfan Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Nicki and I (sort of?) like Katy (?) but i thought the same thing when they turned up looking like complete imbeciles if i'm being honest.

I can't quite put my finger on it but with gaga...it seems right. With others, it seems like they go home, take it off, and slip into comfy PJs. I really feel all the rediculous outfits (not my opinion btw lol) IS gaga. GAGA IS HER HAIR!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like Nicki and I (sort of?) like Katy (?) but i thought the same thing when they turned up looking like complete imbeciles if i'm being honest.

I can't quite put my finger on it but with gaga...it seems right. With others, it seems like they go home, take it off, and slip into comfy PJs. I really feel all the rediculous outfits (not my opinion btw lol) IS gaga. GAGA IS HER HAIR!

I completely agee hun hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    I completely agee hun hehe! :p;):):D

"When Gaga's on a mission....she rebukes her condition......she has no competition"". (obviously my added line at the end there lol).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "When Gaga's on a mission....she rebukes her condition......she has no competition"". (obviously my added line at the end there lol).

Woop woop hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    I think why Gaga is more convincing with the wacky outfits (although this is true of Katy too, just less so), is that no matter how wacky or all-over-the-place the outfit is, there's usually some basis of fashion, or concept, or look—even with the beanie baby dress or kermit cloak where it was cluttered and messy, it was still quite concise shape-wise. Whereas with Nicky, she looked like she'd been dipped in superglue and rolled through a downtown Toys'R'Us store, Katamari Damacii style. It was just a bit silly. And with Katy, who I thought looked totally fine (I really liked the first thing with the parasol), it was just the cheese-block hat, which made no sense in the context of the rest of the outfit.

Yeah, I thought the appreciation thread had vanished, and by the time I got to page 3 on the main forum I was like, people be slackinnnnng in their stan duties.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    I think why Gaga is more convincing with the wacky outfits (although this is true of Katy too, just less so), is that no matter how wacky or all-over-the-place the outfit is, there's usually some basis of fashion, or concept, or look—even with the beanie baby dress or kermit cloak where it was cluttered and messy, it was still quite concise shape-wise. Whereas with Nicky, she looked like she'd been dipped in superglue and rolled through a downtown Toys'R'Us store, Katamari Damacii style. It was just a bit silly. And with Katy, who I thought looked totally fine (I really liked the first thing with the parasol), it was just the cheese-block hat, which made no sense in the context of the rest of the outfit.

Yeah, I thought the appreciation thread had vanished, and by the time I got to page 3 on the main forum I was like, people be slackinnnnng in their stan duties.

I think you worded it better than I did. That's what I meant-that with Gaga there's a concept/reason behind the outfit or whatever she's wearing. With Katy (for example) she probably went "wouldn't it be great to wear a block of cheese on my head". I could actually imagine that.

Whereas, if Gaga wore a block of cheese on her head, there would be a meaning behind it (although i cant think what lmao!)
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Whereas, if Gaga wore a block of cheese on her head, there would be a meaning behind it (although i cant think what lmao!)

It would be a protest against the prejudice lactose intolerant people face every day. Or something. I mean, I think Gaga obviously does things just for attention-seeking purposes, but they look like a complete outfit. Not just, normal outfit with a dildo strapped to her forehead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    It would be a protest against the prejudice lactose intolerant people face every day. Or something. I mean, I think Gaga obviously does things just for attention-seeking purposes, but they look like a complete outfit. Not just, normal outfit with a dildo strapped to her forehead.

Well of course! :p

I also don't understand why there has not been any controversy over Minaj/Katy's outfits, if Gaga had worn them, the papers would have dubbed her "rediculousga" or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Kid is officially my favorite song on Born This Way!

FINALLY hit me! Its one of those sly songs that grow on you and really is in my head as much as Schiesse and Marry The Night and Hair! i think those 4 are definitely my faves!
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Bad Kid is officially my favorite song on Born This Way!

FINALLY hit me! Its one of those sly songs that grow on you and really is in my head as much as Schiesse and Marry The Night and Hair! i think those 4 are definitely my faves!

A favorite of mine too, Bloody Mary is the same it takes a few listens before you really like it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    A favorite of mine too, Bloody Mary is the same it takes a few listens before you really like it

hit me instantly BM did and now i have gone off it a lot lol.

Funny how it changes around though.

Love the whole synthpop grooves of Bad Kid :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oo, a whole sub sub forum?!?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 381
    Forum Member
    Oh finally, I found the appreciation thread, I'm so happy. I thought it was deleted.I had to post in those two threads bashing Gaga since I thougt they were the only Gaga threads. It was funny. I think those comments should put some people in their place :D. Just using coherent arguments, nothing else :D. Gaga is worn out, Gaga is struggling, my goodness :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least now people can't complain of what we do because if they read this it means they must've seeked it out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lady godga appreciation thread is part of my life :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh finally, I found the appreciation thread, I'm so happy. I thought it was deleted.I had to post in those two threads bashing Gaga since I thougt they were the only Gaga threads. It was funny. I think those comments should put some people in their place :D. Just using coherent arguments, nothing else :D. Gaga is worn out, Gaga is struggling, my goodness :rolleyes:.

I just read through the 'GaGa is struggling' thread and the comments in there are nothing new. I may be biased but GaGa was right when she said people want her to fail, but these people try to dress it up as fact. They're more obsessed with her than a lot of her fans are I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmfao "gaga is struggling". Gaga will never stuggle with that bank balance :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    at least now people can't complain of what we do because if they read this it means they must've seeked it out

This is true as well. There's no doubt in my mind though, that they will continue to lurk.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Midweek Chart

Edge of Glory #28
    Born This Way the album #19
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The lady godga appreciation thread is part of my life :)

Mine too hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I'm sooo proud of Gaga! The whole Jo Calderone method acting speech beginning to the full on choreography was amazing. Didn't break character once. Gaga and Beyonce stole the show (future legends...all bow).
    With "You and I" at number 3 in iTunes USA atm and the different State versions of the song yet to be released (which will further push up it's total tally for the charts) "You and I" will prove the be the smash it deserves to be! Once radio stations like Capital get off their ass's and start playing the song more often on the radio (which I've already politely emailed them to do) I'm sure it'll make it's impact here in the UK too :)

Nonetheless, it isn't all about charts - Gaga was awesome (+ Beyonce was awesome) and your faves' wigs remain missing from the mighty aftermath that was the VMAs x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sooo proud of Gaga! The whole Jo Calderone method acting speech beginning to the full on choreography was amazing. Didn't break character once. Gaga and Beyonce stole the show (future legends...all bow).
    With "You and I" at number 3 in iTunes USA atm and the different State versions of the song yet to be released (which will further push up it's total tally for the charts) "You and I" will prove the be the smash it deserves to be! Once radio stations like Capital get off their ass's and start playing the song more often on the radio (which I've already politely emailed them to do) I'm sure it'll make it's impact here in the UK too :)

Nonetheless, it isn't all about charts - Gaga was awesome (+ Beyonce was awesome) and your faves' wigs remain missing from the mighty aftermath that was the VMAs x

Agreed hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was your birthday hayes? did you get any gaga stuff? :D
This discussion has been closed.