Options

Rihanna's New Single - You Da One [Full]

2»

Comments

• Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds... bad. I honestly think this album will be the start of Rihanna's demise. Artists can only peak for so long. They all peak, and most of them, because of the hype around them at said peak get it worse. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Artists like Beyoncé who have had that rounded popularity that has never really gone drastically up or down are safe, but then other artists, like Mariah Carey are not so lucky:
    Mariah Carey (Wow... what a debut!) -> Emotions (Omg incredible) -> Music Box (She's done it again!) -> Merry Christmas (She's VERSATILE!) -> Daydream (Holy hell, it keeps getting better) -> Butterfly (THE PEAK) -> Rainbow (Uh... Meh) -> Glitter (Oh god) -> Charmbracelet (Mariah who?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    This sounds... bad. I honestly think this album will be the start of Rihanna's demise. Artists can only peak for so long. They all peak, and most of them, because of the hype around them at said peak get it worse. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Artists like Beyoncé who have had that rounded popularity that has never really gone drastically up or down are safe, but then other artists, like Mariah Carey are not so lucky:

demise???? no one is killing anyone!

Mariahs was also on a bigger scale....it covered a decade....Rihanna technically has begun!

Also You Da One in your opinion is "bad" for me i love it and think actually while not her best single (too many to mention) it certifies what she can do...and has that fresh vibe of sunshine and summer and urban elements too.

I think calling it a demise when she is at her second peak in her career is a bit absurd to say the least!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Not necessarily...WFL has been off the top spot here for two weeks...soon three....and if it isnt until next week it is officially released then WFL has been out for 8 weeks by that point!

And like last time she will secure another smash hit with it and WFL will also continue selling too...its a risk yes but it will work.

Also i like more flavour added to the chart! The Island beats will mark a change from the Calvin CLub stuff too you know? I think its important....also Stateside she has had two weeks on top....three this week methinks....so why not just change it up with her enxt single....its all part of her album campaign of promo anyway so....if you got it go for it is what i say! :cool:

It will also help the album show itself off to listeners and fans established too!

WFL bounced back to #1 and is still there, both here and US.

It says a lot about how disposable chart music can be if it's seen as completely fair game to release the next single after a couple of weeks whilst the previous one is still at #1.

They obviously just want another hit, add another top 10/#1 to the list, and we know Team Rihanna don't have much regard for traditional time schedules...but still. That is pretty ridiculous.

Would it really kill them to just slow the **** down and take it at a logical pace? It's not a race, unless of course they have a new album in the works already for 2012.
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Rihanna reign just won't let up. Rihanna is NOT diminishing and this album will prove that. She will be around for a while yet as she fits the bill as the perfect popstar for this current era...and she knows how to adapt and change. The Riri we are seeing now is not the same one we saw 3/4 years ago with Umbrella etc...

And You Da One is so catchy...there's something about her voice on the chorus that makes it stick...it's a top 5 track easily.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WFL bounced back to #1 and is still there, both here and US.

It says a lot about how disposable chart music can be if it's seen as completely fair game to release the next single after a couple of weeks whilst the previous one is still at #1.

They obviously just want another hit, add another top 10/#1 to the list, and we know Team Rihanna don't have much regard for traditional time schedules...but still. That is pretty ridiculous.

Would it really kill them to just slow the **** down and take it at a logical pace? It's not a race, unless of course they have a new album in the works already for 2012.

WFL is back on top....dat rihanna reign etc.etc. ;)

And tbh its fine to judge it like that...but this is the only chance for You Da One to be unleashed...when one single ahs made momentum and this one can be released after that immediately for the album promo...paint a picture for it etc...and she doesnt need a live performance for WFL to promote it....its already peaked....You Da One will however benefit from that and that in turn will see success!

That is what its about....and there will be more hits on the album too and it should help sell itself.

And traditional chart stuff left the building in 2007 basically....music has changed therefore the charts will change and the way an artist releases music ahs had to adapt to this change.

and the UNLOCKED on Facebook campaign is working a treat...and we have new Riri material before the album drops....what is the problem with that?
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its great, it will top the charts. both singles will achieve platinum status in the uk. just like the first two singles from `loud`. she is at the height of her domination right now and this is not a let down. :)