that first text to a girl

skinjim123skinjim123 Posts: 107
Forum Member
Hi guys was just wondering if you can give me some good advice regarding a girl I met the other night. Not been on the dating scenen for months so literally have no clue what to do. Anyway I met this girl at a club about two days ago. We hit it off instantly, you know the usual. Anyway we were chattin and seemed to have a lot in common. She offered her number and gave it me telling me she wanted to see me again as she thought we got on so well together. after I sobered up the next day I text her I short message just sayin how nice the night was and if she had a good day.she didnt text back. Anyway I'm a bit gutted she hasn't and don't know what to do next I really wanna see her agen and from what she sed to me it seemed like a sure thing. What should I do?

Comments

• ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skinjim123 wrote: »
    Hi guys was just wondering if you can give me some good advice regarding a girl I met the other night. Not been on the dating scenen for months so literally have no clue what to do. Anyway I met this girl at a club about two days ago. We hit it off instantly, you know the usual. Anyway we were chattin and seemed to have a lot in common. She offered her number and gave it me telling me she wanted to see me again as she thought we got on so well together. after I sobered up the next day I text her I short message just sayin how nice the night was and if she had a good day.she didnt text back. Anyway I'm a bit gutted she hasn't and don't know what to do next I really wanna see her agen and from what she sed to me it seemed like a sure thing. What should I do?

Phone her
  • skinjim123skinjim123 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Phone her
    really? I really don't wana scare this girl off

Edit. I çan see what you mean but won't it come across stalkerish?
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She gave you her number, so she won't think it's stalkerish! Go for it.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did she know who was texting?

Just phone her and you will get an answer either way. If she's really interested then she will welcome the call and if not at least you will know not to waste any further time on her.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try texting her again. She may have a lot going on, but as she gave you her number, she's shown shes interested.
    However, if you dont hear from her after the second text, that's when you should call it a day. If she likes you she'll respond.
    If it's any consolation, us women go through tortures about when to reply to a text.
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    How did she know who was texting?

Just phone her and you will get an answer either way. If she's really interested then she will welcome the call and if not at least you will know not to waste any further time on her.

I put my name at the end of the text does that make a difference. Jeez I am terrible at this sort of thing.
  • Slarti BartfastSlarti Bartfast Posts: 6,607
    Forum Member
    3 day rule my friend.
    Forum Member
    3 day rule my friend.

thats not true though mate and i know plenty of people who can vouch for that. in 3 days she wouldntve even know who i was lol
    Forum Member
    ff999 wrote: »
    Try texting her again. She may have a lot going on, but as she gave you her number, she's shown shes interested.
    However, if you dont hear from her after the second text, that's when you should call it a day. If she likes you she'll respond.
    If it's any consolation, us women go through tortures about when to reply to a text.

so you wouldn't advise ringing her then? what exactly should i say in another text i really don't wana mess up lol
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    after I sobered up the next day I text her I short message just sayin how nice the night was and if she had a good day. she didnt text back.

So it's actually your second text to the girl? If she didn't respond to your first one then there's little chance she's going to respond to a second. Forget about it and move on.
    Forum Member
    Smiley433 wrote: »
    So it's actually your second text to the girl? If she didn't respond to your first one then there's little chance she's going to respond to a second. Forget about it and move on.

yes i did say i had already txt her but if you had read the rest of my post you would have noticed she seemed interested and gave me her number asking me to txt. i did not ask for it.
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was she drunk?
    Forum Member
    na she was jolly i was bit drunk but i always have a picture perfect memory regardless how drunk i am
  • Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,890
    Forum Member
    yes i did say i had already txt her but if you had read the rest of my post you would have noticed she seemed interested and gave me her number asking me to txt. i did not ask for it.

Yes I did read the rest of your post. I read the bit which said, "She didn't text back" which to me suggests she's changed her mind. You might get away with another text or a phone-call but if she responds to neither then leave her alone unless you bump into her on another night out then you might be able to ask her face to face if you could call her or go out with her.
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if she was fairly sober she must remember you. You put your name on the text and if you made it clear who you was. then I would say to let this go as she may have not been that serious. If she was really interested I think she would have replied straight away. She has your number she will contact you. If not don't pursue it.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd give it until maybe Sunday evening and send one final message - just something friendly and non committal so the ball is in her court.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't text

talk.

mind you, i'm an old geezer. out of touch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you sent her a text yesterday. Why not call her about fiveish, say you enjoyed talking to her last night and is she coming out again tonight because you'd like to buy her a drink?

If she makes excuses or says no, say something like 'oh well, it was nice to meet you anyway', then if she likes you she'll probably suggest meeting up another time. If not just say bye and leave it. That's what I would do anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just leave it for now. If she's not texting you back there is little you can do. If you keep texting her you'll just seem desperate. I think she'll text you back. And approach it as you would if you'd just met someone that you just want to be friends with.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put my name at the end of the text does that make a difference. Jeez I am terrible at this sort of thing.

You need to phone not text!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has given you the elbow.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer a call too, but am assuming the OP is a good 20 years younger than me, and apparently they rarely talk to each other when friends, and even less so if they don't know each other. Hence my suggestion to text, not call.
    I'm only suggesting that because she gave him her number, which has to be taken as some expression of interest. Otherwise I'd have said to give it up as a bad job.
    Short message, only a few words, then give it up. If she doesn't reply after that, she's changed her mind. Sorry.
  • Charlie_the_catCharlie_the_cat Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You followed the example of Kevin Bloody Wilson didn't you?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You followed the example of Kevin Bloody Wilson didn't you?

I am an oldie but I'd say keep it light how ever you contact her, women (girls) like a man who can make them laugh but don't be too slapstick they hate that. ;)
    Forum Member
    ff999 wrote: »
    I'd prefer a call too, but am assuming the OP is a good 20 years younger than me, and apparently they rarely talk to each other when friends, and even less so if they don't know each other. Hence my suggestion to text, not call.
    I'm only suggesting that because she gave him her number, which has to be taken as some expression of interest. Otherwise I'd have said to give it up as a bad job.
    Short message, only a few words, then give it up. If she doesn't reply after that, she's changed her mind. Sorry.

i'm 23 would you believe haha. i am just useless with the whole should i txt should i not. just to make it clear to everyone i have yet to txt her or contact her again i only txt her the once. i would prefer to call her but i'm unsure.