do you know who you are yet?

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
Forum Member
✭✭
By who you are I mean what your about, what type of person you are?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kind of, not really :confused:

I'm quite loud and opinionated but I'm also shy and standoffish.

I think I'm contrary.

But I know I'm honest, and too bloody kind to people. I keep getting used. But not deliberately, just because people know I'll always help they naturally expect it.

I need to go away and "find" myself I think :D
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its an interesting question OP.

I'd say yes, but I'm happy to question my beliefs. I'm also incredibly impulsive and can surprise myself quite often. But.. as I'm aware of this, and know that its part of my character, I'd go back to my original answer of yes :D
  • maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I think I will always be evolving and developing and, if God spares me, will be the person growing old disgracefully.
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did, I realised I was hideous and am now in the process of making amends. Still not someone I would want to know though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did, I realised I was hideous and am now in the process of making amends. Still not someone I would want to know though.

I'm not sure the name helps with your mission.
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure the name helps with your mission.

It's a perfect name and a brilliant song.
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    No and I don't think I ever will. At the moment I just feel like an existence
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kind of, not really :confused:

I'm quite loud and opinionated but I'm also shy and standoffish.

I think I'm contrary.

But I know I'm honest, and too bloody kind to people. I keep getting used. But not deliberately, just because people know I'll always help they naturally expect it.

I need to go away and "find" myself I think :D

That sounds like me :(
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Yes, I do. I'm a fairly miserable bint who likes to rant stubbornly on DS in the middle of the night. :)

Seriously though, we all grow and change constantly; life is a learning experience for me. I know exactly who i am and what I'm about, but I think we all learn more about ourselves with each new experience.

I know that's a bucketload of clichés, but they're only clichés because they're true. :D
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    At 25 I still don't know if I'm gay, straight or bi. How sad is that?
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like to think I am. There was a long period where I wasn't sure. I knew I wasn't straight for years but couldn't accept it. I was fat, I was bullied, I had no confidence, I had people mocking me. it was a difficult few years as a teenager. I had a stalker, I was outed by him, he tried o ruin my life. I got through that. I lost weight, exercised, blossomed, grew into my looks, I explored my sexuality, I stood up against bullies, I started saying what I thought... Which is why I am argumentative at times. I found the perfect partner, I found happiness. I had the support of family, friends, I worked hard to get a job and have been in it 7 years. I think my 20s have been a very emotional and rewarding decade. I appreciate every age I have been and I look back at my experiences and think how much I have grown. It's not all been rosy but I have managed to get through it. I am confident, happy, positive, loving, I am loved and I am surrounded by great people... Who knew it would take 20 odd years to find that balance... Talk about taking your time! LOL
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Yes. It can be a very unpleasant experience truly getting to know and accept yourself.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I've been pretty happy in my skin and my direction in life and my goals and career since I was about 14.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A contradiction of everything really, nasty but nice, nice but nasty.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    yes, and i like me.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, pretty much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting there. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a perfect name and a brilliant song.

Said Lucifer :eek:
  • droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    Yes. It can be a very unpleasant experience truly getting to know and accept yourself.

I like you already:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should hope so at my age. I know who I am, it's a bit to late to change:)
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've know for 20+ years :bigsigh:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to, but my current mid-life crisis has gone on so long that my old self has become a memory. To people close to me I imagine I seem the same as I always was, but I'm really not. The current me is a bit of an impostor to be honest.
  • BlomkvistBlomkvist Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this thread was about Rolf doing a self portrait.
  • NestNest Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am always amazed by the 'telepathy' on this forum! So many times I have thought something or talked of something then log on here and it is a thread! ha ha!

I have a writing room and last week I stuck a post-it note on my board which says "Who am I?" ... I don't really know the answer yet ...
  • Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sociopath and loving it.