Chris's speech to Ashleigh in the house was a bit creepy

Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
Forum Member
✭✭
Chris's speech to Ashleigh in the house was a bit creepy

''Ashleigh I love everything about you I think you are the best and I really really do want to share my life with you and you know every big experience in your life I want to be apart of if I can even from a distance'' < Now that people is creepy. Ashleigh's bf must of been cringing at that moment and thinking to himself you wont be apart of her life

Comments

• Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    It was a lovely speech right until he said "I want to share my life with you", which is normally what you'd say when proposing marriage.

Get Chris out!!!!

Oh.....
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    I really do want to share my life with you. Just so unbelievably cringey.
  • Lily DarlingLily Darling Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Ashleigh will share very much with Chris, especially not his life. :D
  • hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Chris, I wonder where he went after bots ... not partying with the rest is my guess

In the meanwhile, Ashleigh was with her boyfriend ... any thought of her 'in-house' relationships already in the past

Chris might find it hard accepting that he won't matter at all to Ashleigh now that she's back in the real world

Just my opinion, of course, but I think Chris' adoration of Ashleigh will, indeed, be 'from a distance' from now on
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't take the 'share my life with you' comment as a insinuation that he wants to shack up with her and her boyfriend. I took it as 'I want to tell you about my life'. Considering how private Chris was in there, I think it was a really nice thing to say.

They all went a little over the top and got a bit emotional on their speeches, I don't get why Chris is singled out. I think most of them made really good speeches.
  • KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Run Ashleigh, Run!
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a lovely speech right until he said "I want to share my life with you", which is normally what you'd say when proposing marriage.

Get Chris out!!!!

Oh.....

:D:D I thought he was gonna get a ring out !
  • Elle_DeeElle_Dee Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    When I watched the complete speech on the web site yesterday I thought it was the most heartfelt and honest of them all. Obviously the editing on the HL show meant that the true meaning and sentiment was lost,
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Ashleigh wont even see Chris now the show is over her bf will probably tell her how creepy hes come across
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elle_Dee wrote: »
    When I watched the complete speech on the web site yesterday I thought it was the most heartfelt and honest of them all. Obviously the editing on the HL show meant that the true meaning and sentiment was lost,

Im sure it was heartfelt and honest but saying he wanted to share his life with her is misjudging what its appropriate to say.
    nothing was lost in that case, he said those words, we understand what he meant but its just a dreadful choice of words in the circumstances.

She will make her choice and it wont be to stay in touch with him
  • blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet Ashleigh wont even see Chris now the show is over her bf will probably tell her how creepy hes come across

Maybe she won't see him, maybe she will. It's the same with all friendships made in the house.

However, Ashleigh is not a naive girl, and not easily swayed into anything. She viewed Chris as her friend, the person closest to her in the house and she never implied that she ever felt uncomfortable around him. She did however say how uncomfortable some of Winston's comments made her feel. Chris was nothing but a gentleman. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but it really stuns me that being respectful and complimentary about a woman can be seen as 'creepier' than someone telling a girl to 'Get her t*ts out'.

As Ella Dee said, Big Brother just put this part of the speech into the HL because they knew it would support the image of him they tried to portray weeks ago. In the full speech he's extremely complimentary about all the finalists, but obviously especially Christopher and Ashleigh. He implies to both of them that he wants them as part of his life. He tells Christopher "he'll forever be at his door". It's just an expression, the same as 'share my life'.
  • yikeswhatnowyikeswhatnow Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, get over it!
    Sure, Chris could have phrased that better, but really, it's a bit lame to judge him so harshly by it. He is a lovey. That's what lovies do.
    Compared to Helen who at times wanted to smash Ashleigh's face in etc... And all the vile language she used, I really don't see anything that was worth judging so harshly.
    In the moment Chris said he wanted to share Ashleigh's life, it was heartfelt as pointed out in above post.
    He is such a nice guy. Leave him alone.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, get over it!
    Sure, Chris could have phrased that better, but really, it's a bit lame to judge him so harshly by it. He is a lovey. That's what lovies do.
    Compared to Helen who at times wanted to smash Ashleigh's face in etc... And all the vile language she used, I really don't see anything that was worth judging so harshly.
    In the moment Chris said he wanted to share Ashleigh's life, it was heartfelt as pointed out in above post.
    He is such a nice guy. Leave him alone.

Phrased it better?

"I want to spend my life with you. I don't want to miss a moment".

I'm not sure how else that could be phrased.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Phrased it better?

"I want to spend my life with you. I don't want to miss a moment".

I'm not sure how else that could be phrased.

I don't see it as a big deal at all.
    Ok. He could have said, 'I always want you to be your friend'

Friends share their lives with each other. Chris is a lovie, he is honest and compassionate and warm person. I'm not surprised that expressed his admiration for Ashleigh in that way... It didn't do him any favours and I suspect he wouldn't care much either what people think of it.

He admires Ashleigh very much as her fans do. She is a very remarkable young woman. But cold as they come.
  • Col.KurtzCol.Kurtz Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    "I want to share my life with you and be there for all the big moments, whether that be via Facebook stalking, through the lens of my binoculars, or going through your bins in the night".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Col.Kurtz wrote: »
    "I want to share my life with you and be there for all the big moments, whether that be via Facebook stalking, through the lens of my binoculars, or going through your bins in the night".

Honestly?
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he said he wanted to share her big experiences in her life it sounded like he was a bf or something and that is just creepy
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Ashleigh gets a lot of shoots and mag covers and does really well out of BB it may be the boyfriend not seeing much of her if she ends up spending a lot of time in London. She is stunning and would a huge asset to any modelling campaign.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah when he said he wanted to share his life with Ashleigh I thought he's definitely in love with her. I thought this anyway way but this confirmed it. It's a good job Ashleigh lives in another country. But it would be hilarious if a chris decides to move to Ireland! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he realises that his position as toilet guard is over now .
  • sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some folk must be really bored if they have to continue to comment on Chris and his friendship with Ashleigh even after they have all left the house?
    Ashleigh said she did not know what she would have done without him and viewed him as a friend for life - just what he said but phrased differently.
    Helen won - good luck to her, though she was not my choice.
    They are all out of the house and it's possibly having having the biggest clean up ever.
    Shall we leave all the 'creepy' and 'vile' etc adjectives behind and move on now?
    Just my opinion.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was odd, not going to lie. He might as well have proposed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvan wrote: »
    Some folk must be really bored if they have to continue to comment on Chris and his friendship with Ashleigh even after they have all left the house?
    Ashleigh said she did not know what she would have done without him and viewed him as a friend for life - just what he said but phrased differently.
    Helen won - good luck to her, though she was not my choice.
    They are all out of the house and it's possibly having having the biggest clean up ever.
    Shall we leave all the 'creepy' and 'vile' etc adjectives behind and move on now?
    Just my opinion.

move on to what ?

• sammyvansammyvan Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    move on to what ?

The next offering from CH5?
    CBB - next week?
    Reading War & Peace......
    Just give ourselves a break before choosing who is next in line for the vitriol.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    move on to what ?

CBB that starts on Monday :)