• Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you go to my lovely. Loved that song.
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    Where did you go to my lovely. Loved that song.

Yeah great song.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »

Nice song, though it was very much in the 'one hit wonder' category. He had a couple of other very minor hits around that time but they weren't a patch on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Nice song, though it was very much in the 'one hit wonder' category. He had a couple of other very minor hits around that time but they weren't a patch on it.

Still one of the best songs ever, regardless. All of us who were around at the time remember it as one of the best.
  • Options
    Rekekah_CarterRekekah_Carter Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    benjamini wrote: »
    Still one of the best songs ever, regardless. All of us who were around at the time remember it as one of the best.

Definitely. Sad news. :(
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Frozen Orange Juice (a number 10 hit) and was amused by Take Your Clothes Off.
    Brother of Robin, and also Eden Kane,

RIP
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP Peter, I had the pleasure of spending some time with the man when he sang some gigs at a live music venue I was looking after some years back , A very nice man and I loved Where Do You Go To My Lovely.
  • Options
    BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great song well sung by Peter RIP.
  • Options
    Rekekah_CarterRekekah_Carter Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    RIP Peter, I had the pleasure of spending some time with the man when he sang some gigs at a live music venue I was looking after some years back , A very nice man and I loved Where Do You Go To My Lovely.

What a lovely memory for you. :)
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news. :( Where Do You Go To is one of my favourite 60's songs.

Here's Stanley Baxter's very funny but affectionate parody of it. I'm sure Peter would have found it as funny as I do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eljn07KQy-Q

RIP Peter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    I liked Frozen Orange Juice (a number 10 hit) and was amused by Take Your Clothes Off.

RIP

I never realised Eden Kane was his brother, thanks for info. I like him too back in the day :)
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you go to my lovely...

Typified black and white music TV.

RIP, Peter. :(
  • Options
    North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

RIP

I remember seeing him interviewed many years ago, I can't remember who by. He was explaining about the frozen orange juice saying it was the Jubbly we used to buy as kids

Sad loss, been suffering with some awful condition for a few years apparently.
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »

It was one of those songs which absolutely lent itself to being beautifully spoofed! :D
  • Options
    Samuel_FinkelboSamuel_Finkelbo Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking song, which made him comfortably off for the rest of his days.

A steady income and no need to work again, write a hit single.
  • Options
    SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely?' as a song from my childhood when it was first released, but I've always enjoyed listening to it over the years if I hear it playing anywhere. It's now become one of those timeless easy-listening pop classics imo.

No disrespect to the man, but I thought he'd already passed on in recent years - must be getting him muddled up with someone else from that era. RIP Peter.
  • Options
    Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

RIP

Me too, it's on my playlist in the car.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes agreed, its amazing how something can catch the moment out of nowhere like that, and then echo down the years.

The singles chart told a fascinating story from the sixties through to the eighties. This wiki list of 60's number ones more or less charts a move from crooners through to rockers, from innocence to a kind of revolution, yet with novelties and glorious one-offs also finding a place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_Singles_Chart_number_ones_of_the_1960s
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »

The follow up, "Frozen Orange Juice", was a #10 hit - hardly "very minor".
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member

Can't find any more recent figures but according to Wikipedia he earned 60 grand in royalties from the song in 1998 alone. A nice little pension...
  • Options
    Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frozen Orange Juice was the one I liked, Where Do Go To My Lovely seemed to go on forever on the radio back then, His brothers had hits in the chart as well later on a sad loss:( Just been looking on YouTube for Frozen Orange Juice no footage of him singing that song this came up I had forgot about this one not very good IMHO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7JPbv4rHlI&spfreload=10