Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just realised what a terrible title this thread has :D
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're not wrong there.:D:D

Ozzy Osbourne cannot possibly still have hair like that.
    Ditto Mick Jagger
    Ditto Paul MacCartney
    Ditto Rod Stewart
    Ditto lots more
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wigs can be expensive, especially good ones...toupee or not toupee, that is the question!

We once had a uni lecturer with a bad one and it looked like there was a guinea pig swivelling about on his head. He really shouldn't have bothered...bald can be sexy.
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Ruth - wife of Eamon Holmes wears one.Her hair never moves.
  • ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Harry Styles wore hair extensions at the back of his head for a lot of his gigs on the last tour. Sometimes his hair was quite thin there and other times he was swinging round a huge sweep of hair.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Ben Affleck?
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Being a baldie myself I've never understood it. Wigs on guys don't look good and some of the extensions women now have are awful. The new girl from Geordie shore that has gone into the Big Brother House, hair looking great from the front but pretty sure she has a bald patch at the back, or badly placed extensions

The only one I will add is Matt Goss, not sure if he has had a hair transplant or it's a 'hair system' that he has. Luke seems proudly bald, Matt obviously not so,
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donald Trump looks like he does but it's not it's a complex combover. Actually he might look better if he did wear a wig.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have two (very) cheap wigs - one lustrous & Farrah Fawcett flick-ish - the other even blonder but with a lush 80's Jason Donovan 'flick' - if you turn this wig around the wrong way - it makes me look like Mickey from League Of Gents.... Or like a child from Village Of The Damned...!:D

I wore the 'farrah' last year to a heavy rock concert, prior to the gig, my friend took me for coffee in Asda. There's something empowering about putting a wig on! Especially a really BAD wig. Then putting an army hat on top- just to 'butch' it up abit....
    All around me people were doing double takes, which culminated when I paid for the coffee & fixed the cashier with a stoney-faced look, wherupon I said to the lady quietly but confidently - "Whats wrong?"

I totally had the power. It was brilliant! Slap a wig on! 'Ave some fun! Play a character in yer high st. Obviously dont buy an expensive wig, just some cheap ebay number....
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donald Trump looks like he does but it's not it's a complex combover. Actually he might look better if he did wear a wig.

THAT 'complex crossover' deserves its own presidency.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr muggles wrote: »
    I have two (very) cheap wigs - one lustrous & Farrah Fawcett flick-ish - the other even blonder but with a lush 80's Jason Donovan 'flick' - if you turn this wig around the wrong way - it makes me look like Mickey from League Of Gents.... Or like a child from Village Of The Damned...!:D

I wore the 'farrah' last year to a heavy rock concert, prior to the gig, my friend took me for coffee in Asda. There's something empowering about putting a wig on! Especially a really BAD wig. Then putting an army hat on top- just to 'butch' it up abit....
    All around me people were doing double takes, which culminated when I paid for the coffee & fixed the cashier with a stoney-faced look, wherupon I said to the lady quietly but confidently - "Whats wrong?"

I totally had the power. It was brilliant! Slap a wig on! 'Ave some fun! Play a character in yer high st. Obviously dont buy an expensive wig, just some cheap ebay number....
    LOL that's brilliant Mr M! :D:D:D
  • NeverlookbackNeverlookback Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I was told that Ted Danson wore one, no idea if its true or not!
  • Betty MiddlingBetty Middling Posts: 1,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, he's an out and proud wig wearer.

It famously became a plot in Cheers:

http://decider.com/2015/04/29/cheers-its-lonely-on-top/
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only Yorkshire people would know Clare Frisby. She did the local news on BBC mornings for years.
    We miss Wiggy in our house,as we called her. I doubt it was a wig but that hair was pretty unmovable.
  • Samuel_FinkelboSamuel_Finkelbo Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost every famous Af/Am female you've ever known.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Only Yorkshire people would know Clare Frisby. She did the local news on BBC mornings for years.
    We miss Wiggy in our house,as we called her. I doubt it was a wig but that hair was pretty unmovable.

Met her not too long ago. She was lovely. Never gave it a thought and doubt she does but I guess the point of a good wig is that ...nobody would know. ;-)
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donald Trump looks like he does but it's not it's a complex combover.
    I think I've got one of those in my 3-way speaker. I'm thinking of tri-wiring it.
  • Cupcake_PuppyCupcake_Puppy Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He was off the radar screen for a long time but i liked him in that movie about the baby.
  • MissD1MissD1 Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of women have extensions and fake hair pieces, does that count?
  • Cupcake_PuppyCupcake_Puppy Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissD1 wrote: »

Funny you should mention that as I watched this thing on tv with Chris Rock kinda like a documentary about hair extensions and its pretty disgusting when they show the process of where it comes from and how they comb the lices out of it before a guy takes the hair to the US to be bleached and sold to women in Cali.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 01/03/17 - 19:07 #22
    There's reporter for ITV news - Alop someone (probably spelt his name wrong) who I swear has the most wiggy head of hair I've ever seen! But I have a feeling it's really his as it's so bad it must be. The guy has enough hair on his head to re-thatch the entire Cotswolds!!!!
  • MissD1MissD1 Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 01/03/17 - 19:24 #23
    MissD1 wrote: »

Funny you should mention that as I watched this thing on tv with Chris Rock kinda like a documentary about hair extensions and its pretty disgusting when they show the process of where it comes from and how they comb the lices out of it before a guy takes the hair to the US to be bleached and sold to women in Cali.

Sounds interesting! Is it called 'Good Hair'? I like Chris Rock, and I am also assuming it has a funny take on it. :smiley:
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Travolta veers from full head of hair to baldness from film to film, and pretty sure Nicolas Cage also wears a wig
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/17 - 21:13 #25
    With all his riches why would Paul MacCartney choose a Ken Dodd wig?
  • Crooked HeartCrooked Heart Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I rather like it :mrgreen: