Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DID DM call the Miriam Margoyles character Mrs Winchelsea when she had the shotgun? He also called the old man the wrong name too. I am sure he did :confused: ?????????

Yes he often gets names wrong. It is not something he cares about greatly. So I guess if you know if he likes you - he gets your name right. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Yes he often gets names wrong. It is not something he cares about greatly. So I guess if you know if he likes you - he gets your name right. :D

Oh OK - I thought I may have misheard or that the arsenic in the room was affecting him! Thanks. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I also just say what a fine actor Peter Vaughn is too. Lovely to see him still working. (He is 88, born 1923,)
  • mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite funny when he was reading the medical journal quoting the writers name and showing the baby a picture, saying "that's him there" true Doc manner was that. It made me giggle and wasn't the smile from the baby gorgeous?
    I was wondering last week what the receptionist had on her legs but it appears they are tights. At first it looked like she had tattoo's.I recall someone saying something about it last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Can I also just say what a fine actor Peter Vaughn is too. Lovely to see him still working. (He is 88, born 1923,)

Yes, great to see him again. He was in that prison comedy with Ronnie Barker many years ago.

The arsenic wallpaper story has a history. In Victorian times a women was hanged after being found guilty of a few murders. Despite a doctor saying that the wallpaper killed her husbands and children she was still convicted. There was a bit more to the story than that, she gained financially from the deaths, but it raised doubt about her conviction.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Yes, I think it's entirely realistic that LG is wearing clothes that are a little bit bigger than she used to wear before baby (arthur, haha). It takes a while for your body to get back to the way it was before pregnancy. I think she looks wonderful for just having a bebe!
    How old is bebe supposed to be now?

Well, babies have to be registered within six weeks of birth (unless the law has changed) so, presumably, baby would have a name by the time of registration. Therefore I surmise that he is still less than six weeks old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Yes, great to see him again. He was in that prison comedy with Ronnie Barker many years ago.

Porridge.....a classic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simplyred wrote: »
    Of course there was softness Lambs - he opened his eyes and said "good" when Louisa said that she would go to London:p;);)

At the risk of repeating myself....she's trying and he's just 'trying' :rolleyes:

In any event, having watched ep3 a number of times now, DM is showing some signs of mellowing, although that's possibly going too far at his stage in terms of what happened in ep3, but it's for want of a better description. Certainly IMHO he was noticeably less 'nasty' than in ep2 (unnecessarily so in my view, in terms of the context of the episode).

On an even brighter note, it's good to see LG with her hair down again :D;):)
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lambs wrote: »
    At the risk of repeating myself....she's trying and he's just 'trying' :rolleyes:

In any event, having watched ep3 a number of times now, DM is showing some signs of mellowing, although that's possibly going too far at his stage in terms of what happened in ep3, but it's for want of a better description. Certainly IMHO he was noticeably less 'nasty' than in ep2 (unnecessarily so in my view, in terms of the context of the episode).

On an even brighter note, it's good to see LG with her hair down again :D;):)

I agree, Lambs. He does seem to be slightly milder. But he seems to have no idea how to be a romantic partner to poor LG, who is reduced to asking (in vain) for a compliment. And she had to prompt him to respond with a "good" about the move to London. Of course, she did wake him up.

Have we heard yet about the overnight ratings?

I can't believe I used the word romantic in connection with DM. I think I mean something like lover/husband as opposed to built in baby-sitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can some talented DM fan make a DM/LG video to Adele's "Make You Feel My Love"? It's so beautiful and suits their love story (in my mind).

If you've never heard it, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLoyNxjhTzc&ob=av2n

I know this is off topic but isn't it amazing that Bob Dylan can write songs like this yet his version isn't the best and someone else comes up with a stunning cover like this?

The guy is incredibly talented. So is Adele. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed this episode. I liked watching AR in her element approaching the "crazy" people -- much more effectively than her nephew. Loved her comment while watching Penhale struggle to get himself and the gun in his car.

And I really like Morwenna. I always thought Pauline was funny, but it took me a while to warm up to her. Morwenna's a much more sympathetic character right off. Liked how DM is starting to give her a second thought.

Also liked watching LG and DM work together. Obviously still testing the waters, but doing ok. But looks like the tsunami is about to hit. :eek:
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I agree, Lambs. He does seem to be slightly milder. But he seems to have no idea how to be a romantic partner to poor LG, who is reduced to asking (in vain) for a compliment. And she had to prompt him to respond with a "good" about the move to London. Of course, she did wake him up.

I was just glad that she finally called him on not complimenting her..in past episodes she just gets upset or gets her feelings hurt (which we all can see) but never says anything to him about what he's done. He'll never learn, and he may not ever learn regardless of what she does, but, at least, tell him what he's done wrong or how hurtful he is because we all know he's not going to give it a second thought.
  • TxBelleTxBelle Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    Yay! CC's finally been nominated. :):)
    (MC too but he's been nominated before)

There certainly are a lot of nominees. Does only one person per category win or can there be multiple winners?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    I was just glad that she finally called him on not complimenting her..in past episodes she just gets upset or gets her feelings hurt (which we all can see) but never says anything to him about what he's done. He'll never learn, and he may not ever learn regardless of what she does, but, at least, tell him what he's done wrong or how hurtful he is because we all know he's not going to give it a second thought.

You are right Txbelle. I think this constitutes some growth on LG's part, which is a positive thing in MO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »

Have we heard yet about the overnight ratings?

I can't believe I used the word romantic in connection with DM. I think I mean something like lover/husband as opposed to built in baby-sitter.

Lover? I wonder which one will be more keen? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Dr. Ruth (:)) makes two interesting comments last night. She asks DM if Penhale is really a policeman or just acting as one, and she makes another comment earlier which escapes me at the moment -- but both can be read as sly, sarcastic reminders that "this is a TV show we're in". She could have been winking to the audience when she said them. (Am I stating the obvious?)

I wonder if that's what Ruth is doing -- and it's perfect for her character, the psychiatrist, an impartial observer, speaking directly to the audience from Portwenn. Anyway, it will be interesting to see if it happens again, or if I'm reading way too much into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Great episode last night! I think this was one of the funniest ones yet...from "stir the baby" to magical castles, all the way to the bumbling "Inspector Penhale" ;):D

But it was a great episode...and as much as I hate to admit it, I like that the focus for this ep wasn't so much on DM & LG, although they did have some great moments the two of them! They definitely seemed much more at ease with each other and DM was a bit softer this time, but they still have their tensions...surprise. :rolleyes: But I really like that LG is starting to tune into the Doc's mindset. She is finally standing up for herself a bit, but most importantly she is asserting herself in a way that DM can comprehend.

I'm really happy that they're finally starting to get these new characters in place and can I just say, I really love AR. I don't know if it's just the character itself or if it's the on screen presence she carries with her, but the more I watch her, the more I like her. And even though I am a die hard Pauline supporter...I do like Morwenna! She is going to prove to be a different character altogether from both Pauline and Elaine...and I'm ok with that.

And I absolutely loved that ending!! That baby was so adorable and I loved seeing DM so relaxed and starting to taking an interest! It just melted my heart! :D:D and I'm glad LG caught him. It will only help in proving to her that he really does care, even if he shows it in his own odd way!

Can't wait for next week!! I feel a storm brewing...:rolleyes:;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member

That's what I thought:) I really hope she wins. She deserves it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TxBelle wrote: »
    There certainly are a lot of nominees. Does only one person per category win or can there be multiple winners?

Only one per category so we have to hope that lots of people vote for MC & CC.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

DM to AR: " A lof of the people who live around here are drawn to shiny things"

It's hard to imagine DM ever wanting to stay in Portwenn, as much as he criticized it last night! :(
  • martinumartinu Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    lambs wrote: »
    Ep3 already available in the 'usual places' :eek::rolleyes::)

According to one site, the Title of E3 is 'Born with a Shotgun'.

Is there a definitive list of episode titles, given that for some reason ITV don't show an on-screen title for any episodes of Doc Martin.

I've seen a variety of different titles on different sites (Radio Times, Digiguide, LocateTV):
    • Bohu with a Shotgun ("Bohu" :confused:)
    • Born with a Shotgun
    • Both with a Shotgun

Which one is correct, so I can make sure it's correct on IMDB (uk.imdb.com)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    martinu wrote: »
    Is there a definitive list of episode titles, given that for some reason ITV don't show an on-screen title for any episodes of Doc Martin.

I've seen a variety of different titles on different sites (Radio Times, Digiguide, LocateTV):
    • Bohu with a Shotgun ("Bohu" :confused:)
    • Born with a Shotgun
    • Both with a Shotgun

Which one is correct, so I can make sure it's correct on IMDB (uk.imdb.com)

Wikipedia has E3 listed as "Born with a Shotgun". Somewhere I saw that the upcoming E4 is "Mother Knows Best".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member

Hooray for CC! She needs more exposure -- tv series and/or movies. She is much too talented to be seen so seldom.
This discussion has been closed.