Options

Anna Botting

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwylfa wrote: »
    She is on Maternity leave but will return soon!:)

Yay!

The pairing of the delightful Anna with Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce for the Monday evening Paper Review is pure comedy gold at times.:)

The baby was due around August/Sept though, so it could be some months yet before we see her gracing our screens. I hope that she is well.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    But Kay Burley has always been the face of Sky News, gets the top interviews, and so on.

Maybe so, she is considered Queen Bee in Sky but Anna is away ahead on talent and looks.
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Maybe so, she is considered Queen Bee in Sky but Anna is away ahead on talent and looks.

That sounds about right..... but Anna has got the best time slot .

Yes ... Anna , Tory Boy and Labour Boy.... the gang of 3 .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPre2n658MA
  • Options
    crunchiecrunchie Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if she's had the baby yet? Can't wait for her to return to Sky News though, I miss her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's unbelievable that she's on maternity leave. I remember her on Sky News back in the 90s. She must have been quite young when she joined them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't doubt that she was on maternity leave. I'm just astonished that she is young enough to have a baby, because she has been on Sky News for almost 20 years.
  • Options
    breakbeatbreakbeat Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I remember watching Sky News where Sue couldn't stop herself from laughing during a newspaper review. It must've been during the European Championship Finals of 2004 on the lead up to the England v France game, I think, but there was a headline on the front page of one of the tabloids which read 'frogs need good kicking'. :eek::eek: :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kate Garraway , who is 45, (similar
    age to Anna...) was on This Morning saying she wants to have a 3rd child, regardless of her age.

Kate ( like Anna ) once presented news on Sky .
    .... way back when......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From what I can work out ... Anna should be about to give birth any time now................
    which begs the question, why did she pack up work... 2 or more moths ago ?
    Most women keep working right up to giving birth .. whats the problem ?
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    From what I can work out ... Anna should be about to give birth any time now................

They do unless their name is Natasha Kaplinsky who went on maternity leave the moment she knew she was pregnant (some say before she knew !)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She chose to? She is mid 40's with her first baby and chose to go early on maternity? Both parties can afford it so she has chosen to? It's her business.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The best of good luck to Anna... she is gorgeous... and (I think ) a natural blonde.
    I don,t expect to see her back on screen now till late
    November... or even December !
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Have Sky News mentioned Anna having her baby?

Jacquie Baltrau (or whatever her name is) tweeted on Sept 17 that she was going to see Anna's baby. That seems to be the only mention anywhere, which is a surprise these days..
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Anna Botting very much. She's pretty without being 'over-glam' and she always seems pleasant and well-informed. She can come and review my papers any evening she wants.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    Have Sky News mentioned Anna having her baby?

Jacquie Baltrau (or whatever her name is) tweeted on Sept 17 that she was going to see Anna's baby. That seems to be the only mention anywhere, which is a surprise these days..

Great news.... looks like everything is ok... now its a countdown till Anna gets back on sky news once again...........cant wait !
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Great news.... looks like everything is ok... now its a countdown till Anna gets back on sky news once again...........cant wait !

Yes, she's lovely. I never knew she was pregnant til I happened across one of the many mentions from May, yesterday, saying that she was, but I do remember watching her around then and thinking she looked like she was pregnant but she couldn't be cos she was about 45! lol

She's my favourite newsreader by a mile. And it just occured to me yesterday to realise I hadn't seen her for ages and wondered if she'd left Sky , so I googled and that's when I found out about her baby!

Being nosey, it would just be nice to know more details,and as I said, this day and age, newsreaders are classed as 'celebs' so anything they do would get in the news, which is why I thought news of her baby would.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She s not exactly overdoing it on Twitter........ her last
    tweet........... 29th May !!!!
  • Options
    tinkerbell987tinkerbell987 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Yay!

The pairing of the delightful Anna with Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce for the Monday evening Paper Review is pure comedy gold at times.:)

The baby was due around August/Sept though, so it could be some months yet before we see her gracing our screens. I hope that she is well.

BIB i absolutely love those three together love the way Anna tries to reign them in but ends up in fits of giggles herself. brilliant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bib ?
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bib ?

Bit in bold.

And I fully agree, it's one of the best trios on TV.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's bad enough without Anna, but with the party conference season in full swing, it's not been the same without Kevin Maguire and Andrew Pierce on a Monday (the two of them cover the conferences I think)
  • Options
    LesterForbesLesterForbes Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is this just about who's got the best news knockers? who the most beautiful to deliver devestating shocking news to the nation? tut, you dirty old men!
  • Options
    crunchiecrunchie Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, noooooo, we love Anna Botting because she is, quite simply, the most eloquent, talented and natural newsreader on the box. The fact that she's very pleasing to the eye is a lovely bonus :)

WHERE ARE YOU, ANNA?!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit in Bold ?