Soap Stars returning to Shows like EE and Corrie

Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
Forum Member
I have noticed in the last few weeks we have had various stars saying to the media they want to return to their Soaps, Kennedy, Tina OBrien etc. We have had Bianca and Rickie back at EastEnders! Is it the recession or is it colder outside a Soap, a lot colder than the stars thought. Patsy (Bianca) even gave an interview and wrote a book about her life in EastEnders and said she would never go back!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers should realise that if the “star” who has left has done nothing but panto/reality TV there is a reason for it! And don’t bring the talentless nobody back.
  • LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Perhaps because they're all desperately bad actors who are identified so much with the roles they played in soaps, they can't get any other work, so they crawl back, cap in hand to where it all started for them.

Charlie Brooks is terrible in anything, and Patsy Palmer and Sid Owen.......well, I rest my case. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They go back because having sailed out full of themselves they have had not work of note since leaving. I find it annoying when the has beens pitch up again. Those Australian ones do it as well.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all leave the soaps with big ideas, thinking the grass is greener and jetting off to Hollywood for so-called 'talks' with big-name producers.

It never materialises because they are average at best. There are very few genuinely decent soap actors. Christmas Panto is more their level.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on the character and if they have any relevance anymore. If they don't and they're just back for the sake of it then they should just learn to accept they've got no career anymore, but if the character can fit back in then I don't see the problem.

Gemma Bissix is the one that made me laugh, she quit Hollyoaks for Hollywood, then ended up at Eastenders, axed after a few weeks, then DOI (voted off in week 1) and then reportedly back to Hollyoaks.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which shows are like EE and Corrie?