Options

Formspring - the latest craze

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
Forum Member
Hey gang

Don't know if any of you have seen this but lots of my DS twitter-ites are already using it, basically allows anyone to ask you anything, anonymously or otherwise - you choose what to answer and what to publish to your twitter or facebook:

http://www.formspring.me

to sign up and get yourself an account

http://www.formspring.me/aatlae

to ask me any random question!

Enjoy...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god not another craze...
  • Options
    FERAL SHARKEYFERAL SHARKEY Posts: 3,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i,ll ask it now if its ok -

why bother with it ?
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get it.

If this is for embarasing questions then surely it is the answerer that needs to be anonymous - not the questioner.

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aatlae wrote: »
    Hey gang

Don't know if any of you have seen this but lots of my DS twitter-ites are already using it, basically allows anyone to ask you anything, anonymously or otherwise - you choose what to answer and what to publish to your twitter or facebook:

http://www.formspring.me

to sign up and get yourself an account

to ask me any random question!

Enjoy...

Looks like common or garden SPAM to me.

Thanks, but no thanks.
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Create a box where friends can ask questions anonymously. Post your responses to Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or your blog.
    Seems pretty darn pointless.
  • Options
    FERAL SHARKEYFERAL SHARKEY Posts: 3,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

was it wise to post your account details on here .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's just funny! No great controversy, just daftness - something to while away your time at work!
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just funny! No great controversy, just daftness - something to while away your time at work!

Work usually whiles away my time at work, strangely enough.
  • Options
    MartinJMartinJ Posts: 10,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    post problems
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Seems like the most pointless thing ever created on the internet, and thats saying something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it another way for the authorities to gather more information about us?

Did you know that Facebook will allow the police, social security, and anybody else you can think of, to see all the information you put on Facebook? So you might think that by being on a private setting nobody can look at what you've written.

So this new craze will encourage people to add more stuff about themselves for who-knows-who to read.

Don't do it. :mad:
  • Options
    ladydragonladydragon Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you know that Facebook will allow the police, social security, and anybody else you can think of, to see all the information you put on Facebook? So you might think that by being on a private setting nobody can look at what you've written.

I have to comply with the Data Protection Act but... If the police or another professional organisation turned up with the relevant legal document clutched in their sticky little mitts I'd have to give them the information I held about the customer they were interested in...

I'd expect the same from FB and it's in their Privacy Policy as it is in mine...

I doubt that if I knocked on the door of FB Head Office and asked to see the personal details of various random members I'd be given any access...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, dear.

DS used to be full of fun people who would look at fun things like this on the internet as just that - a bit of fun!

I'm sorry that I seem to have put this in the "as fun-savvy as an undertaker" section!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a fellow twitter-er, I'm aware of the formspring craze, it's interesting, because you can learn a lot about people you would not necessarily get to have an in-depth conversation with.

Sure you could just ask the person directly, but I think the anonymity is fun for the person answering the question, as they try to figure out who asked it:).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, dear.

DS used to be full of fun people who would look at fun things like this on the internet as just that - a bit of fun!

I'm sorry that I seem to have put this in the "as fun-savvy as an undertaker" section!

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Bless, do you not get a lot of attention at home either?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bless, do you not get a lot of attention at home either?

Haha - I get PLENTY of attention at home thanks! :D

Just a shame that i seem to have attracted mostly miserable buggers to the early part of this thread!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha - I get PLENTY of attention at home thanks! :D

Just a shame that i seem to have attracted mostly miserable buggers to the early part of this thread!!

So you were looking for fun? Why didn't you say so? :confused: