Options

The music to Lizzie's Samba

BalthusBalthus Posts: 2,281
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone know the name of the Samba music that Lizzie and Alistair danced to tonight?

Gutted she didn't win, but wishing her all the best for the future.

Comments

• Options
    Paully_CPaully_C Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Yep, it was 'Magalenha' by Sergio Mendes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that, was wondering what it was called.

They play it every Friday night at the salsa club I go to. When it comes on all the people with African blood dance wildly and everyone else steps to the side and watches with slight confusion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paully_C wrote: »
    Yep, it was 'Magalenha' by Sergio Mendes.

Thank you! :)
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who enjoyed that samba? I thought Lizzie was like an old Hollywood film version a wild jungle girl - loved it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you're not the only one -- she was fantastic! The GBP is totally blind when it comes to talent!

Cheeky Charlie :rolleyes: ...Bah!
  • Options
    jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who enjoyed that samba? I thought Lizzie was like an old Hollywood film version a wild jungle girl - loved it!

I enjoyed it but due to the structure Lizzie was too still at times, not her fault or Alistairs. He must feel bad being blamed for delivering a poor dance. His feet were really good, his lifts were strong and his hip action wonderful. The judges by then had decided who Nigel was taking to the US
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenda57 wrote: »
    I enjoyed it but due to the structure Lizzie was too still at times, not her fault or Alistairs. He must feel bad being blamed for delivering a poor dance. His feet were really good, his lifts were strong and his hip action wonderful. The judges by then had decided who Nigel was taking to the US

I agree about the music, it was a bit too still in some places which really didn't showcase the talent they have and possibly made them look bad and have "no chemistry". Alistair shouldn't have been blamed; I thought him and Lizzie did a wonderful job and got the main element of the dance across as the hip action and the footwork were good :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I don't get why they are constantly bashing Alastair. Second week in row they did that. If there was anything wrong with the performance it was the music. Again like last week, thought the music didn't suit the style as much as it could've. It's like they sabotage the routine beforehand. I expected something else I guess. However Lizzie and Alastair both had the rythm in them! Hips, feet, everything and they were in the moment! Great to watch jungle girl and tarzan (or was it patrick swayze look-a-like like Cat made it up to be). :D
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed it too and was surprised by the judges' comments. Second week in a row for me as well! At risk of virtually repeating my comments about the paso/ quickstep from last week, I thought the samba was technically really good (the best standard Latin dance of the series for me, not counting Yanet's salsa) but a little slow to get going. By about half-way through I thought both of them were performing well. The tango was like the quickstep last week- brilliantly performed as a tango-themed Broadway dance but without any particular grasp of ballroom tango technique. :o Ah well, I'm obviously doomed to be on the opposite side to the judges when it comes to the ballroom and Latin standard dances! I do agree with other posters on here though that there was a bit too much stillness choreographed into the routine, especially at the beginning.