Toy story 3

Comments

• NasalhairNasalhair Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw this in 3D tonight. In all honesty I found it a little disappointing. Yes it is very emotional but too many scenes are just rehashes of the earlier films and there is really nothing new - we've seen it all before. For me part 2 is still by far and away the best. As for the 3D it is all very low key and is mostly done to give rooms a feeling of depth and space rather than being spectacular. Save a few quid and just watch it in 2D. All in all it is technically amazing as a film but the story disappoints.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was glad of my 3D glasses to hide my tears!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from watching it, it was flipping brilliant. Take a tissue if you're prone to crying at films :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    neon tiger wrote: »
    I was glad of my 3D glasses to hide my tears!

Me too! I was thinking the same thing!

Gosh, I'm still taken back by it. Those scenes! :cry::(
  • Ant LAnt L Posts: 2,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a great, great film. I've been a huge fan of the franchise since I was very young and as an adult I enjoyed it just as much as I did when I was 4 years old.

Certainly my film of the year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Saw it recently, loved the film, I adore the TS franchise a lot but in all honesty I was a tiny bit disappointed with the story and also, I found hardly no moments in that film, emotional, in a sense that they would make me cry. Other than
    ...the moment they are all holding hands at the end, awaiting their ''death'', that was really cute but it didn't make me cry at all.

A lot of moments made me laugh however and it made me miss my childhood, when I watched TS1 & 2. You can barely notice the 3D either so for those going, I would honestly just go and watch it in 2D and like another user has pointed out, save yourself the extra pounds.

Have to say though:
    I LOVED Spanish Buzz. Had me in tears of laughter :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Just got back from seeing it (absolutley packed for a Monday night by the way) and i loved it. The whole escape was hilarious, particularly Mr Potato Head and Spanish Buzz's scenes.
    I thought that the bit where they are all holding hands waiting for "death" was a bit dark for a kids film though! I've got to admit that i was having a bit of a lip quiver moment through that scene and the final few Andy scenes. It really says something about the brilliant characterization when you actually feel for the CGI plastic toys and what Andy says about them.

One thing that i noticed was that despite the audience being a 50/50 split between adults and kids, there was more laughter and responses from the adults.

Very good film.
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it tonight and while I agree one or two scenes seem a bit familiar, overall I thought it was brilliant. Really funny,although at times dark and the new characters were great. The final scenes with Andy were a perfect finale and I hope that they will leave the franchise their as it was a great ending.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    saw this last night and it was bloody fantastic TS is such a great franchise :D i have waited 11 years for this film and it did not disappoint the last 20mins had me tears luckily my 3d glasses covered my tears:cry::o:p

and i have to say the Ken and Barbie scenes had me in STITCHES laughing :D

and i think even though its aimed for kids they have really worked well so the fans like me who grew up with will please us TS 3 defo wrapped things up nicely. and the audience in my cinema were mainly adults :D with some kids 'who were bloody annoying and kept screaming'.
    The last scene where Andy leaves Woody and Buzz etc is soo sad :cry: and when there facing death to while there holding hands
    imo this is the best trilogy out there 10/10.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    it's sad aswel cause it shows how people like me who were 8 at the time have grown up aswel along with Andy :(
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I've grown up (28, I was 13 when Toy Story came out), I dont want to grow up :(
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, I don't think it was good as I was expecting and I wanted a bit more from it all...
    I felt there should have been more of a showdown between Lotso and the toys rather than the actual ending he recieved.

Also I would have liked more closure on the whole Sunnyside centre - and to see more of Bonnie's toys.

Overall, I must have just wanted it to be longer. :o

Mr. Pricklepants was hilarious. I wish he was in it alot more. :(

Rex is still my favourite, I love him and Hamm. :D

I think the reason this film worked so well was because all the toys were together throughout. All the characters are brilliant, so using them all as the main focus was great.

I would like to see it again, as I think I was just too excited the first time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this, gonna go see it this week.

Loved the original 2 as a kid, glad to hear all the postive fb.
  • ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After having a day to refelct on the film , I think i love it even more than yesterday - It really is an absolout tour de force of not just animatiion but film in general really - utterly fantastic, I can't wait to get all three in a blu ray boxset ina few months hopefully.
  • JonnyCoolJonnyCool Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see it last night at the IMAX. It just made it feel so much more spectacular - especially the opening sequence. Very emotional in parts too.

Also loved the short that's shown with it Day & Night (?) - probably the best short Pixar have done with the Magician one (that was with Wall*E) being a close second.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I really really enjoyed it, I grew up with this film, 3d was poor, but who the hell cares, very emotional nearly cried, was holding back the tears thinking I was the only one in my group of friends.... how wrong was I. for me because im 18 the ending was a kinda of "oh no im not a kid anymore" ,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote: »
    Also I would have liked more closure on the whole Sunnyside centre - and to see more of Bonnie's toys.

Did you stay for the credits? It gave Sunnyside a great deal of closure in my opinion.
    Ken runs it, and it's a nice place for all toys

Also, i've got to admit that i totally forgot that it was 3D while watching it, it added depth to the image (which i prefer to the gimmicky "LOOK OUT IT'S COMING OUT OF THE SCREEN!" type thing), but after a while it just wasn't really noticeable. If i saw it again i'd definitely go for the cheaper 2D one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it, saw it yesterday with my two kids. I love
    Spanish Buzz
    sorry but that's the best bit of the movie.
    When Woody speaks to Jessie about going in the attic, she says she's ok because she knows about Buzz's Spanish mode lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVED it.

Remember watching the first as a child and loving both it and its sequel, but this trumped both of them!

Cried like a baby at the end and
    during the incinerator (sp?)
    scene.. so moving!

I'm seeing it again on Thursday, hopefully I won't cry this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW. loved it, so amazing! i was born shortly after the first one came out and toy story 2 was the second ever film i saw at the cinema (tarzan being first) so i really have grown up with it! i've never cried at a film before but i really felt like it at the end of this one, so touching and beautiful but it was also hilarious and so entertaining. normally i'm obsessed with checking the time during a film but i didn't check at all in this film. i'll be happy for the rest of the week now:)
    mr potato head as always remains my favourite character:D
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Did you stay for the credits? It gave Sunnyside a great deal of closure in my opinion.
    Ken runs it, and it's a nice place for all toys

Also, i've got to admit that i totally forgot that it was 3D while watching it, it added depth to the image (which i prefer to the gimmicky "LOOK OUT IT'S COMING OUT OF THE SCREEN!" type thing), but after a while it just wasn't really noticeable. If i saw it again i'd definitely go for the cheaper 2D one.
    I didn't, I had to leave urgently for family reasons - I'll probably have to go and re-watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched in 2d, didn't want it ruined by 3dness.

What a fantastic film, great wrap for the trilogy.

The part where they are all facing death together is a tear jerker.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The incinerator scene didnt actually upset me at all, I think I was too entranced by it. I cried like a bloody baby at the goodbye scene though, especially Bonnie waving Woody's hand goodbye to Andy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That baby is terrifying, until it said "mamma?" then my heart melted!

I totally agree!
    bad-beat wrote: »
    I just saw this today.

when
    they are in the incinerator, facing death and they all just start holding hands I lost it. When Andy is relunctant to give Woody to Bonnie I lost it.

Beautiful.

I had a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye at those moments. Two hours since I saw it and thinking of those final moments when Bonnie waves Woody's hand and Andy's car drives off is still making me feel sad.
    SummerRain wrote: »
    Saw it recently, loved the film, I adore the TS franchise a lot but in all honesty I was a tiny bit disappointed with the story and also, I found hardly no moments in that film, emotional, in a sense that they would make me cry. Other than
    ...the moment they are all holding hands at the end, awaiting their ''death'', that was really cute but it didn't make me cry at all.

A lot of moments made me laugh however and it made me miss my childhood, when I watched TS1 & 2. You can barely notice the 3D either so for those going, I would honestly just go and watch it in 2D and like another user has pointed out, save yourself the extra pounds.

Have to say though:
    I LOVED Spanish Buzz. Had me in tears of laughter :D

I was 4 when the first came out and still have my original Woody and Buzz dolls with 'Andy' on one foot and my name on the other. I found the story brilliant but very emotional in parts! The humour is still top notch and its technically stunning.

Toy Story is the only original film franchise I know that constantly improves its self in its sequels. I will be sad to see the back of the characters as it's closing the door on my child hood in a way now I'm an adult and 19 but I don't think I'd like another sequel unless there's some way of topping the stunning way this story was told. The trilogy forms the begining, middle and an end as a whole on top of their individual plots and I think any further sequel would ruin it.

Perhaps it'd be nice to just have a small visit to the Toys in their new lives as Pixar opening shorts or something or some extras on the DVD.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Toy Story 3 and Pixar has done it again with a film that is funny, sad and just plain great.

Favourite character had to be Ken and it was funny how the other toys disregarded him as a girls toy, favourite scenes were
    Spanish Buzz and Mr Tortilla/Pickle Head

Some thoughts regarding the films:
    I thought Lotso deserved his fate as he wanted no toy to be loved because only he was replcaed rather than Chuckles and Big Baby.
    Also, did anyone notice one of the children looked like an older Boo from Monsters Inc?