The Doctor's Bedroom

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It was great that Neil Gaiman got to ask the question that every small child wants to know - does the Doctor have a bedroom?

The other question small children ask is does the Doctor go to the toilet? Of course the Doctor is the same as every action hero and is either plumbed differently or permanently constipated, but it stood out more in his case (as a small child watching). Funny how we have had now 3 scenes in restrooms (or a toilet), though nobody actually availed themselves of the facilities (yet)

Comments

• SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Mrs reckons that it was implied in 'The Doctors Wife' that he just sleeps in the main console room.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sleeps under Amy's bed and rummages through her knicker draw when the Ponds are not around.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    He sleeps under Amy's bed and rummages through her knicker draw when the Ponds are not around.

OK next time a small child asks, that;s what i'll tell them.

Funny also how the Doctor always seem to know where to go, but specifically asked directions twice in TRF. Amy and Rory had no such problems wandering around on their own (separately), though Amy did try to look for Rory inside a room that sounded like it was bolted from the outside
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with SHAFT that he probably just sleeps in the main control room.

Although, I think it would be funny if they used it as another thing for River to prove who she is to him like with the name.

River: Some day I'm going to be someone you trust completely, but I can't wait for you to find that out. (whispers) Your bedroom is under the swimming pool and it's orange and purple striped and you have a slitheen picture above your bed.
    Doctor: River you know my bedroom. There's only one reason you would know my bedroom

:D

Personally I would like to see more of the tardis. Doubt we will though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bugloss wrote: »
    OK next time a small child asks, that;s what i'll tell them.

Just tell them the Doctor never sleeps, he is awake 24/7 and thats why he's so erratic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was great that Neil Gaiman got to ask the question that every small child wants to know - does the Doctor have a bedroom?

The other question small children ask is does the Doctor go to the toilet? Of course the Doctor is the same as every action hero and is either plumbed differently or permanently constipated, but it stood out more in his case (as a small child watching). Funny how we have had now 3 scenes in restrooms (or a toilet), though nobody actually availed themselves of the facilities (yet)

I like to think they just go out the door...
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    Just tell them the Doctor never sleeps, he is awake 24/7 and thats why he's so erratic.

Well, it's been said before that Time Lords can handle only getting about an hour's sleep at a time.
  • JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor is not human and probably doesn't need very much sleep, and when does sleep it's probably just a nap in the main console room.

Additionally, he probably doesn't need very much food or water either, so rarely feels needs the need to "evacuate" it, and the toilets in the TARDIS are there just for companions and "guests".
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    "Sleep is for tortoises!" as the Doctor said long ago. He doesn't seem to eat either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member

Kind of like Blackadder II's toilet?
  • KevraniKevrani Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor has been seen sleeping in the past though.

I *think* we would have seen the Dctor's room in Marco Polo back in the 60s. Prolly doesn't count though! ;)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course whilst he got to ask it, he didn't actually answer it. :D
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I think he's probably got a room. Never want to see it though.
    Romana had a traditional bedroom where the main item of furnuture seemed to be the bed. The Doctor knew where it was. Not a bunk bed though so it wasn't his room too, of course.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    "Sleep is for tortoises!" as the Doctor said long ago. He doesn't seem to eat either.

Fishfingers and custard, and the last one drank a lot of tea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or empty his bladder.

"2 minutes Daleks, yes I know you want to kill me and destroy the Universe, I get that, but.....I need a slash" :D
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moffat implied that he at least has a bed when he pointed out that the Doctor 'hasn't been to bed' between The End of Time and Victory of the Daleks.
  • excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This might explain it, the 4th Doctor, Jamie and The Master

Viz - Doctor Poo

Adult humour of course coming from Viz ! :D
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always though he just cracked open the eye of harmony and squatted over it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    *walks in*

The sixth doctor had a bedroom in 'The Voyager' (DWM 90, 1984), in which he had a nightmare and fell out of bed.

More recently, the tenth doctor's bedroom is seen in 'To Sleep, Perchance to Scream' (IDW Annual 2010).

*walks out*
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Thank you emby2. And I guess the Doctor installed the first bunk beds in the tardis when his grandchildren John and Gillian came to travel with him (TV Comic). .:)