Worst Facebook status updates

Comments

• fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    "Just found out after 23 years that I'm adopted!!!!!! :(:(:("

I mean, seriously? Why the hell am I friends with these people.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »

I really don't see anything wrong with that if I found something like that out I think I'd want to share it with my friends
    Forum Member
    I really don't see anything wrong with that if I found something like that out I think I'd want to share it with my friends

Yes, you would share it with your friends face to face. Not plaster it all over a social networking site. I should add that this person is very much an attention seeker and a bit of a chav.
  • SchadenfreudSchadenfreud Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would have been funnier if he found out via a Facebook status from his mum or dad. :D
    Forum Member
    Yes, you would share it with your friends face to face. Not plaster it all over a social networking site. I should add that this person is very much an attention seeker and a bit of a chav.

I would put it on FB to be honest but I only have people I personally know on mine with on FB and as I moved 99% of my "friends" are about 200 miles away so it would be the best way to share it
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friend was so proud that she'd been left overnight babysitting she updated her status 12 times in one evening with things like "Just got them off to sleep" "Just feeding them" etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is a bit of a kick in the teeth. :(
    Forum Member
    That is a bit of a kick in the teeth. :(

It doea make you wonder when is the right time to tell them

Always be open about it

When they are 5 and to young to understand

when they are about 10 and in between been a bit to young to totality understand and getting ready to be teenagers

When they are teenagers and they already have enough issues to deal with

And by the time that is over have you left it to late
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friend was so proud that she'd been left overnight babysitting she updated her status 12 times in one evening with things like "Just got them off to sleep" "Just feeding them" etc.

I hate statuses like this with a passion . I unfollowed a friend of mine who gave everyone his daily super-Dad routine.

-just fed the kids
    -playing with the kids
    - reading kids a story

and this gem -
    " I think I should get Peter Andre's title of Dad of the year"

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    I hate statuses like this with a passion . I unfollowed a friend of mine who gave everyone his daily super-Dad routine.

-just fed the kids
    -playing with the kids
    - reading kids a story

and this gem -
    " I think I should get Peter Andre's title of Dad of the year"

:rolleyes:

I know someone like this bigging up how much a a great Dad he is when he has his kids but as soon as his ex wife asks him for some money for them (say they need shoes or something) he writes ranting statues about how unfair it is his wife wants money for his kids and how unfair it is he has to pay child support
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doea make you wonder when is the right time to tell them

Always be open about it

When they are 5 and to young to understand

when they are about 10 and in between been a bit to young to totality understand and getting ready to be teenagers

When they are teenagers and they already have enough issues to deal with

And by the time that is over have you left it to late

I maybe think always be open about it.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Ugh someone on mine posted about how they are soon moving in with their new partner in the house they will be renting together. She tagged her parents, brother and her 10 year old son in the status because they all wanted to know when moving day is. Today i glance at that post to see it has over 100 comments. Intrigued how it could be so interesting i read through and the majority are the woman and her partner (with input from a few of his mates) discussing what they get up to in the bedroom. Completely graphic, blow jobs, anal play etc.

And again just to point out, she tagged her ten year old son in it whos probably read every single post!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have been funnier if he found out via a Facebook status from his mum or dad. :D

OP's Mum listed OP as her Son (Adopted)
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    My neighbour goes on and on, on FB about her two grown-up kids and two grand-children - her little princesses. They're coming over for the day. They're playing. They're having their tea. Uuurgh. Then the next day 'I'm really missing my little princesses'. She's driven her poor husband to drink and then plasters all over face-book how much she hates him and how awful her weekend has been, etc. Then she gets 'Oh dear hun, lots of hugs and cuddles' from 'friends' who obviously don't know her that well. Of course, I'd remove her from my friends list but it does keep me entertained and up-to-date with the grand-kids!! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Ugh someone on mine posted about how they are soon moving in with their new partner in the house they will be renting together. She tagged her parents, brother and her 10 year old son in the status because they all wanted to know when moving day is. Today i glance at that post to see it has over 100 comments. Intrigued how it could be so interesting i read through and the majority are the woman and her partner (with input from a few of his mates) discussing what they get up to in the bedroom. Completely graphic, blow jobs, anal play etc.

And again just to point out, she tagged her ten year old son in it whos probably read every single post!

:eek: I don't know what I'm more shocked about, the 'bedroom talk' on her status or the fact a 10 year old is allowed a Facebook account!!
    Forum Member
    :eek: I don't know what I'm more shocked about, the 'bedroom talk' on her status or the fact a 10 year old is allowed a Facebook account!!

Whats worse is hes had fb for about two years! But he only has about two or three friends his age, the rest are his mums friends. So he reads all about who got drunk, whos sleeping with who etc.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »

Jesus!! :eek:
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    I would put it on FB to be honest but I only have people I personally know on mine with on FB and as I moved 99% of my "friends" are about 200 miles away so it would be the best way to share it

Never heard of a telephone?? I believe they work across many many miles, the globe in fact. Facebook is the laziest way to share it more like. I think it's shocking that people would put that kind of news on some website thinking "that covers everyone I think, job done." It's not like sharing the news that you're getting a puppy.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    "Right dats it deleting my Facebook account. Tired of all DA back stabbers and shit stirrerers." "You got your way".

This must be the sixth time she has threatened to delete her Facebook account in as many months. And has yet to do so.
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    "Right dats it deleting my Facebook account. Tired of all DA back stabbers and shit stirrerers." "You got your way".

Until you said she I thought we had a mutual freind as a male freind has posted something very similar today
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This must be the sixth time she has threatened to delete her Facebook account in as many months. And has yet to do so.

Cringe
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Until you said she I thought we had a mutual freind as a male freind has posted something very similar today

I'm sure she only does it for attention from her friends. They usually post replies like "omfg you can't leave just ignore da haterz".

Sometimes I feel like posting JUST BLOODY DO IT ALREADY:D
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member

See, dats what would aggravate me, di back stabbers, de nosy parkers, de shit stirrerers (are dey worse than stirrers?). I couldn't be arsed wiv dat....

About a year ago my ex partner and I went for a weekend to the West of Scotland and he posted some pics of the beautiful surroundings of the hotel. Cue within a day of posting a load of bile from some people who had arranged a reunion that my ex didn't attend, due to our weekend.away. "Oh so THATS where you were instead? We are really disappointed in you. We thought at least YOU would make it along!". These people were in their late 40s. I would have told each and every one of them to go screw themselves if I was him.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God help you if one of your friends starts up a business. A college friend of my partner has had a baby and now thinks she can make a living out of assembling and selling newborn baby gift baskets containing,dribble cloths, small teddy bear, baby brush...you know the sort of thing. Now every single day my partner gets infuriated when his entire newsfeed is clogged up with pictures of rather drab, badly photographed gift baskets.

Note to people who flood their newsfeed promoting their business constantly: you're probably already on 'Don't show posts from this person' status from lots of people you think are broadcasting to.
    Forum Member
    Yeh home made businesses are annoying as are the people who dont seem to understand that not everyone lives in the same town as them. I keep getting sent requests and notices about little businesses the other end of the country because a friend has tagged me.
This discussion has been closed.