Loose women

Comments

• Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny didn't even have a farewell.

I see Lynda Bellingham is still absent.

People like Sarah millican, Jenny Eclair, Sally Lindsay.. are semi regular pannelists that come on for a couple of months when they arent doing their 'normal' work in comparison to someone like Carol Mcgriffin thats been there years
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm proud to say that I've never seen these harridans in action and if Coleen Nolan (on CBB)was anything to go by, I ain't missed anything.:D
  • Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vorderman is just doing a gig, its a tidy earner..she doesn't give a wee wee about any of the issues discussed on the show or who watches..shes just doing a gig, extra money.

She's a very greedy woman, look at why she left Countdown.

I bet Loose Women pays a lot less that the lower fee C4 wanted to pay her for Countdown too, so her greed backfired :D

The last series or two has gone downhill with the quality of guests. I think it must have had a budget cut.

The series that started last week seems to have taken on board some of the nonsense from that Mel and Gino crap.

Namely, I am thinking of the audience whooping and doing that stupid thing with their hands whenever the competition is mentioned.

And what the hell was going on for the first two episodes where they were all being announced as they came out from the back to be seated?

Who the hell do they think they are? :eek: Talk about inflated beliefs of importance...
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a very greedy woman, look at why she left Countdown.

I bet Loose Women pays a lot less that the lower fee C4 wanted to pay her for Countdown too, so her greed backfired :D

The last series or two has gone downhill with the quality of guests. I think it must have had a budget cut.

The series that started last week seems to have taken on board some of the nonsense from that Mel and Gino crap.

Namely, I am thinking of the audience whooping and doing that stupid thing with their hands whenever the competition is mentioned.

And what the hell was going on for the first two episodes where they were all being announced as they came out from the back to be seated?

Who the hell do they think they are? :eek: Talk about inflated beliefs of importance...

Greedy? For not wanting her salary cut by 90%?

What would you do if you turned up at work and they told you they were going to do that? :D
  • Options
    xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    Denise Van would make a great panelist,
    but it looks like she's signed up for stricly come dancing... so that's her career sorted till around late November.

Maybe Amanda H is available ?
  • Options
    whirlingthunderwhirlingthunder Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    Denise Van would make a great panelist,
    but it looks like she's signed up for stricly come dancing... so that's her career sorted till around late November.

Maybe Amanda H is available ?

You're joking right? The only woman I find more annoying than these two is Natalie Cassidy. Oh and Lulu :eek:. It's a real shame Jenny left though, she's a smart, funny woman who brought quality to the show. Just get rid of Denise, Sherrie and Andrea sharpish but keep Vorderman. Her crazed/manic expressions to camera when she does her links after the break are truly a sight to behold and crack me up every time. The way she announces the guests is beyond infuriating though.
  • Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on the title. I have the experience required.
    Most women live with the knowledge that they are either mentally, or even by breeding, superior to men.
    But give them a few Vodka Martinis / glasses of Champagne / pints.
    And they all become Loose Women. Knickers down in a flash. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe the ITV will start up a new daily show....................
    ... "Butch Men " or "Available Men " or "Men Behaving Badly !" or something and have the occasional female guest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is todays show repeated anywhere tonight or tomorrow ?
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Torch81 wrote: »
    Oh please, don't they already have the 'tedious cockney chav type' who spouts inane drivel with shocking frequency in Lisa Maxwell? (Although if they dumped Maxwell for Cassidy, that'd at least be a minor improvement).

totally agree, Lisa Maxwell thinks she's amusing with her cockney sparra' routine but talks total twaddle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cleo petra wrote: »
    totally agree, Lisa Maxwell thinks she's amusing with her cockney sparra' routine but talks total twaddle.

She was great in Russ Abbot ... she was the star of the show !

but what I want to know is............Is today's show repeated anywhere tonight or tomorrow ?
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    She was great in Russ Abbot ... she was the star of the show !

but what I want to know is............Is today's show repeated anywhere tonight or tomorrow ?

You can watch it online here http://www.itv.com/loosewomen/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Duno why Im watching this... mainly cvos its raining outside and not a lot else on....what is this crappp? Is this what happens to people when he menopause hits :confused:
  • Options
    YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    Duno why Im watching this... mainly cvos its raining outside and not a lot else on....what is this crappp? Is this what happens to people when he menopause hits :confused:

me too- too lazy to go into another room to change the channel so its just wittering in the background- I heard Sherrie saying she was in the hairdressers for 2 hours Saturday- so two things-
    A) how boring is her life if that is a highlight and
    B)she should go get cash back that colour is far too bright for her age and the 80's big hair is sooo over-

:cool:
  • Options
    BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member

I am hitting the menopause and I switched off after 5mins, I was watching for the same reasons as you.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch it very often, but I had it on a week or two ago while I was preparing lunch and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Janet Street-Porter was basically talking about being unfaithful to her (ex) husband and laughing about it!:eek: It was uncomfortable viewing (I think the rest of the panelists were a bit taken aback) and it made her come across as pretty unpleasant.

As I was typing this, it occured to me that a man would never get away with joking about his past infidelity on TV!:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    I don't watch it very often, but I had it on a week or two ago while I was preparing lunch and couldn't believe what I was hearing. Janet Street-Porter was basically talking about being unfaithful to her (ex) husband and laughing about it!:eek: It was uncomfortable viewing (I think the rest of the panelists were a bit taken aback) and it made her come across as pretty unpleasant.

As I was typing this, it occured to me that a man would never get away with joking about his past infidelity on TV!:eek:

:eek::eek::eek: Well I am shocked to the very core..... two blokes have sh***ed Janet Street Porter :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are of course talking Bull as usual.....
    In fact the name ........ Street Porter ... is totally false,
    her real name is ......... you guessed it.... Janet Bull !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek::eek::eek: Well I am shocked to the very core..... two blokes have sh***ed Janet Street Porter :eek:

More than just two.... she has been married about 25 times. :eek:
  • Options
    4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy this show, but it's gone downhill. I like the two Carols and Jane MacDonald, but no one else.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4smiffy wrote: »
    I used to enjoy this show, but it's gone downhill. I like the two Carols and Jane MacDonald, but no one else.

Thankfully I've not seen this show in a long time. Does McDonald still insist on making suggestive double entendres and then turning a half-witted smirk to the audience/camera while she waits for cackling approval?
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member

Not sure about the 'host' but the ladies on the panel get approx £900 per episode and their travel expenses paid.
    I would think the anchorwoman probably gets a bit more money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the 'host' but the ladies on the panel get approx £900 per episode and their travel expenses paid.
    I would think the anchorwoman probably gets a bit more money.

:eek::eek: That much? Bloody hell!!
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    :eek::eek: That much? Bloody hell!!

I know.
    It's good money isn't it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know.
    It's good money isn't it!

It really is! :eek: No wonder Jane came back.